Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's doing Christmas Attractions??? Some pics right here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's doing Christmas Attractions??? Some pics right here...

We are building a Santa House right now for a big haunted event... I know several haunters out there are doing Christmas these days. Who's doing what? Here are some images of the Santa House we're building.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I know Ron and Jason, Frightworld, are doing a chirstmas show! We don't plan on doing one until we can see the market here could sustain one. Nice pics though! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

From Haunting to Christmas Cheer

The idea of going from a haunt to a Christmas attraction sounds interesting and it may be something worth entertaining in the future. There's one farm in my area that does the Halloween attraction and Christmas event as well. From what I understand, they never update their attraction. They remain the same year after year. I've never been to either of these events but, out of curiosity, have decided to take a look at the Christmas attraction this year. Maybe it'll spark some ideas....
      UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Uptown.

All these years they didn't change a thing because they have been waiting for YOU the last person to see it before they do change it.

Sometimes you get a review of "it hasn't changed at all" as it hasn't dramatically changed in style or entusiasm.

A few years ago a bunch of people got me to take the junk limo we had through one of these drive through events. It seemed like miles and miles of landscape of lights and blinking things. A gazillion lights of every color even overhead and as far as the hills would allow to see for some distance. Big Electric bill. Big sound systems playing Chistmas music loud in the valley. To me it was some kind of torture.

Of course as the self appointed tour guide, I pointed out the ugly un covered transformer about every 200 feet. Then there was this open faced shed of Santa, a few elves and Mrs. Claus in their living room. This I turned into a horror show for us! It had become revealed to me by seeing this shed that there was an underlying evil story in all of this happiness. Mrs claws is a moldy small stiff dwarf and that all the elves have as a result probably come from her with lots of horrible inbreeding. Back in the woods all the mutated elves are hidding. They come out only in the day covered up to change light bulbs for their Master.

The whole car, who were people I had gone to many haunted houses with, were still play screaming over and over as we pulled up to the booth where they asked "how did you like it?" They didn't like that reaction or that everyone passed their money to the back to get the money from the back side window of the limo like who ever was back there was rich. It was all too happy for me.

At the end, they had a nice gift shop. Hell no I'm driving past that. You could have gone on a horse drawn wagon instead of a car. BUt, we were directed to take this very long 10,000 pound car through their little twisty turny off road event.

You know, nothing means Christmas to me more than breathing the exhaust from the other 15 cars that were in that valley with no wind.

Even as a small child, strange representations of ugly creatures that are supposed to be cute elves and reindeer have stood out as sucky to me. In a haunted house, who is to say what is the proper size or shape of a monsterous figure. The only way is to have nice figures that end up being expensive or it too is a horror show instead of Christmas.

On the same token I always thought an event could work the other way around. You build it with great community spport because it is for Christmas and families and children then you spring a seasonal haunted house on them a few years down the line. Different customers, the local area already thinks you are top notch people with no real social problems and have proven to organize events that do not prove to be any problem.

Behind every candy cane or ginger bread walls is blood splatters and slime ready to flip around. Pull off the santa mask and there is a bare skull. Santa's sled morphs like Night Rider and has rocket power and saws on the front. Zombie reindeer! Elves putting together killer satelites from ACME.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
          Uptown.

On the same token I always thought an event could work the other way around. You build it with great community spport because it is for Christmas and families and children then you spring a seasonal haunted house on them a few years down the line. Different customers, the local area already thinks you are top notch people with no real social problems and have proven to organize events that do not prove to be any problem.
          That may be one of the best ideas I have ever heard.

Comment

I would like to see a haunt still do a haunt but maybe with a Charles Dickens type theme. Anyone done that. I cant remember if anyone on here has said they done one or not.?
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Larry, what are those, 3d pics or mock ups of what you are doing?
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

AWWWW Christmas!!!

The holiday thats near and dear to my pocket book! I mean heart. But for those out there who might like to see I can post some of my Christmas photos. Although I don't change my haunt over to a Christmas display my company Shane Dabbs Productions seen over 1 million kids last year! Yup you read it right 1 million kids. We also sold over 300,000 photo packages!

My company has contracts with malls in Al, Tenn, Ga, Miss, FL & SC. Most people think when they visit a mall and have their kids picture taken with Santa that the mall is the one who does that. Nope we do that in malls in the states I listed above. Not all the malls but some malls in each of the states I listed. We are just like any other business in the mall except were only there during Christmas, and Easter. With my company I own it all the costumes, the computers, printers, cameras, the mega sets heck I even own Santas Jolly Ole Butt! I have during Christmas over 150 seasional employees this time of year. Some companies that have contracts use the malls decorations. I find myself I don't care for what they have. So with my contracts I do it all. We started setting up in malls before Halloween was over. We will finish our last mall by Friday. Santa has already arrived in some of my malls and the rest will arrive next week so everyone will be in place before Thanksgiving! I am proud of my sets and think they are beautiful and will post some pics for those who want to see.

So ya see Halloween is just extra fun spending money for me but Christmas literally built the farm for me! Just thought I would add to this thread! Shane and its Yes Virgina there is a Santa Claus Shane this time!
                Last edited by graystone; 11-12-2008, 08:45 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

=)
                  you learn something new everyday
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

About 30 miles from me there is a real big outdoor haunted attraction. As soon as the season is over they start turning it into a monstrous xmas display, from outdoors to indoors. It is very cool seeing it transform from one to another.

Comment

Kersey Valley Spookywoods Going Christmas!

After 3 years of reserach we finally jump on the Santa wagon!

My focus is "Low Cost Family Experience" I have 2,200 Fraser Firs and a free led animated light show, hayride of the story of Christmas. Make your own wreath and all the snacks of the season. A professional jingle and a ton of cross promotion from our other events, tons of media and some luck it might work out!

Check out www.KerseyValleyChristmas.com

Should make for a good article in the future of all the dos and dont's!
                      Last edited by twohlgemuth; 11-13-2008, 11:38 PM.
                      Tony Wohlgemuth,
                      Comes up with the fun stuff!
                      Kersey Valley, Inc.
                      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

My parents and I, and few other people have been thinking of setting up a Christmas walkthrough type of thing in a Mall or someting for a while now. There is a company in the UK, that has some pretty awesome Christmas animatronics. I will link a vid, with a Christmas ride that they have, and this is just their showroom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_IDOcuYd8
                        t
                        That is a pretty good one if you ask me, I would love to do someting like this. I wonder how much?

Dustyn
                        ________
                        smoke kills
                        Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Tom, the owner/builder of http://www.bricktownamusement.com/ posts on here and transitions from Halloween to Christmas and then back to scary for the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                          X