Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hauntworld Magazine #20.... YOU PICK, YOU TELL ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reasons I think HAUNTED OVERLOAD would be a good story are:

1) The haunt looks incredible in photographs! This should translate well to the magazine.

2) They are still early in the transition from home haunt to professional haunt. They haven't been professional long, so there should be unique insight about "crossing over" into pro status that they could offer.

3) Did I mention the haunt looks incredible?? Especially the GIANT props...8)

Comment

Also casting my vote for Haunted Overload.
      Michael Inks
      Geist Entertainment, Inc.
      www.geistentertainment.com
      "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

My vote goes to Haunted overload

Comment

Graveside Manor

I'd have to 2nd the vote for Graveside Manor. After all, it was named the #1 Home Haunt by Hauntworld for 2008 and it would be great to feature a home haunt for a change. But not for that reason alone. I had the chance to see it "lights on" back in August and again last weekend at a special showing put on for the crew of the Trail of Terror. The scenes are detailed and of course there's a couple startle scares thrown in for good measure, but it’s the story, the build-up of suspense, and the clever use of lighting that makes the show. And I use the word "show" as it truly is a theatrical show more so then a traditional haunted house. It’s not about winding thru endless mazes with teenagers shouting at you. It’s about creating atmosphere and setting the mood all before the show even begins. This haunt doesn't rely on gore or drop panels. It’s kind of like the first time you saw Jaws. The dam music and the build up of suspense got you going long before the shark shows up. Wait, did I just date myself with that Jaws reference?
          Scott Ames

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            We already did Spookywoods two issues ago...
            Larry
            Ah, that was one issue before I started subscribing! I just ordered that back issue. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yes, I also agree.... Graveside Manor is quite awesome. Jim and the gang did such a great job putting on a show that rivals some professional haunts. A must see and definitely worth writing about. Great details, great actors and a lot of fun. The Trail gang had a blast.

Its gets my vote too.

Wayne
              www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Haunted Overload
                Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Featured Article

To be honest I would like to see articles on just about everything mentioned so far. Maybe this could be a double issue or at least some of the topics featured in future issues. In particular, the following attractions strike me as being unique and particularly note worthy: Haunted Overload (we were planning on visiting this year, but didn't have enough time) and House of Torment due to their amazing detail and scale. Trail Of Terror for being an outstanding example of a charity haunt.

As far as Graveside Manor, we believe that it is unique to the haunt industry which is why we did a special run for a select group of haunt professionals after the conclusion of this season. Included in this group was the crew from Trail of Terror - who we have tremendous respect for. At some point, we hope to have an opportunity to showcase our event to others in the industry.

Wayne and Sinister thanks for your kind words and support. However, Satan's Taint get's my vote hands down.

Jim Wieloch
                  Graveside Manor

Comment

2 for 1 deal?

O.K. so technically it would end up being three haunts but how about featuring Graveside Manor and Trail of Terror together? More bang for your buck, right? They're close enough together to do them at the same time. The Manor is a home haunt where as the trail is a home haunt gone Pro. You could get the best home haunt and the best pro haunt in CT in one shot.

Scott
                    Scott Ames

Comment

I would like to write an article about Hacker House in North Carolina. Cliff has a great show. Let me know. I also talked to Ross last year about a follow-up on the House of Shock's new location. I don't know if they did it or not.

KroneDaddy
                      Hauntus Emeritus
                      Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                      Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

I'm thinkin g Haunted Overload too.

But I would also love to see an article on the House of Torment.
                        Brad Bowen
                        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Id love to see a feature story House of Horrors in Buffalo, NY Tim's place is the BOMB!!!!

Comment

All of the suggestions are good and I would love to see any and all of them. I would like to put in a plug for Pirates of Emerson with hopes of learning how they are able to stick with the same theme every year and still keep it new and interesting for returning customers. That can't be easy.

Comment

I'll put up a poll with all the suggestions... any more???

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ghostly Manor !
                                Hell's Gate!
                                Sanitarium!

my final top three choices
                                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Working...
                                X