Small Vortex Tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Vortex Tunnel

Hi everyone! I'm a home haunter and I've been doing it in my basement for a couple of years now. I really want to build a vortex tunnel, but I don't have the money or the height in the basement. I thought up a new wa to make 4 rings with two pieces of plywood. Each piece would be cut into a four by four square. Then you just put a point in the middle, set your router at 2 ft. and make a circle. Do this once again on the inside. You know have four complete rings. Now these rings are only 4 ft. in diameter, so i thought it would make the perfect crawling vortex tunnel, and the people would be in an enclosed plexiglass or lexan bridge. So, what does everyone think?

At one time I thought about doing a crawl-through tunnel, but decided that for the real effect you have to be standing up and built a big one. The idea is to make those passing through so dizzy they want to fall to their knees.

Of course if that's all you can afford to do I am sure those who attend will think it's pretty cool. You will want to expirement with the rotation speeds. Probably faster than a full-sized tunnel but possibly slower. Putting a spinning disc just past the exit will also help heighten the effect.

To increase the scare factor, you should think about putting something on the inside besides the normal dots, spirals or lines. Some of the manufacturers have vacuum-formed panels with skulls or other things built in.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Comment

Yeah...I'm always open to suggestions, I really like the normal pattern, but whenever I'm in a vortex tunnel, I feel like I'm going to fall over the bridge. I think this will be okay, It will make you feel like your falling on your side.

Comment

Just don't use it outdoors... plywood + wetness/dampness = no good for vortex tunnels... it's been done already, go to I believe Mark Butler's monster list and cheack it out

Comment

oh It's definetly going to be indoors, yeah I've heard about the plywood warping.

Comment

Buy pressure-treated plywood. Yes it costs more but it doesn't rot. Don't breath the sawdust, use the manufacturers recommended screws or nails, no don't ever nail anything together in a haunted house. I was just testing you there.

I guess I'm strange compared to most people doing the haunted entertainment.
            I really do not want any patron of mine to be made to feel dizzy or sickly or to puke or go momentarilly blind from a strobe light or deaf from a booming sound system or effect, also I don't want them to chitt themselves or urinate in their pants...maybe I'm concerned about the spillage?
            If I got off cleaning up such messes I guess I'd be a janitor in a bar or nursing home.
            Really, everyone of these things in our own time are coming (unless we cheat and die young?) We will be somewhat blind, deaf, incontinent, dizzy, sickly, basically pathetic and fairly helpless, just waiting for an organ transplant, mine will probably be one grown in a fetid petree dish by a kid's science project.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X