Good Quality Fake Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Quality Fake Blood

What do you pros use for fake blood on your actors/scenes? For the past couple years I've just been using the cheap stuff from Walmart but that quickly dries up and looses the wetness look I'm going for? What do you guys use?
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

i always have this saying when it comes to haunt makeup: you get what you pay for. wal-mart's blood is not the best, as its cheap. its only meant for costume, mearly a dye.

http://evilusions.com/shop/index.php?cPath=131_137
    i have used these before, and they do quite well. for a more wet look, look for blood gel, which stays sticky and wet looking for a while. I myself though love dried blood, because once you add more to your costume, it just adds the distrubing factor to it.

Comment

Steins stage blood, you cant go wrong. Anything Cinema Secrets is great as well.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I like Ben Nye reel blood, or if you want a cheaper approach I mix a bottle of auto store tire shine spray with talc and red pigment, a little red flocking helps to for a bit of a coagulated look. I rarely use fake blood in my haunts though as it tends to rub off of the actors and onto the curtains and such they bump into, and then it rubs off of those onto the customers suede coats. I only had to get that complaint a few times before it went into really limited use.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I love Ben Nye's blood; the color is great and it has a nice minty taste.

I also love Ben Nye's Fresh Scab for a nice coagulated look.
          Katie Lane
          Partner/VP
          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I love the Mehron stage blood, Dark Venous ONLY!! the bright version comes off a little pink. This blood does run a little as body heat warms up, so never over the eyes. It's also reasonable price wise.
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Fake Blood?

Why would anybody fake blood? How would you?
              Maybe if you were anemic?
              I cut myself...there's the blood! Every time!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X