How Do You Use YOUR Cannon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Use YOUR Cannon??

I just purchased an air cannon...MY FIRST! I have not fired it up yet, so I guess that still makes me an air cannon virgin. But, that won't be for long!

I'm trying to come up with different innovative scares an air cannon can be used for, so my question is:

How Do You Use YOUR Cannon?

Heres how I will use my air cannon when I buy it. I will build a civil war cannon prop, man it with a cannon crew of buckys in civil war uniforms. I will place it off the trail in the woods, the air cannon will be off to one side hidden. When people walk by the air cannon will discharge with a loud BOOM, smoke will come out of the cannon prop and the air will rush by them. It will be so cool, I'm thinking of getting the super knee buckler from Evillutions. Let us know when you set of your cannon.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Sounds great!

I already have my air cannon - got it in the mail yesterday. Early Christmas present. I have yet to fire it up and come up with a unique idea on how to use it.

Comment

Just remember to build your Civil War cannon sturdy enough to not shake itself apart , lock washers, screws instead of nails and maybe some glue too!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We use a few air cannons throughout our haunt, but the best locations that I have found are towards the end of the haunt when folks think that they are getting ready to walk out and the show is over. Then all of a sudden they get a loud "PSHHHT". Freaks them out. If we didn't get them in the haunt, we got them at the end.

Also, they sound great when you put them inside of a 50gal metal drum.
          - Glenn Campbell

Haunted Hotel - Louisville, KY
          Industrial Nightmare - Jeffersonville, IN
          http://www.hauntednetwork.com

Comment

Empress,

You'll find out how we use ours on February 22nd!

:wink:

Take care,
            Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Originally posted by Scaremaster
              We use a few air cannons throughout our haunt, but the best locations that I have found are towards the end of the haunt when folks think that they are getting ready to walk out and the show is over. Then all of a sudden they get a loud "PSHHHT". Freaks them out. If we didn't get them in the haunt, we got them at the end.

Also, they sound great when you put them inside of a 50gal metal drum.
              Those are both GREAT ideas...THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Tattoo
                Empress,

You'll find out how we use ours on February 22nd!

:wink:

Take care,
                LOL!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Depends on your cannon. I have put them in prop shot guns, pointed them down from the ceiling, put them under the floor and shoot them up, basically any direction except sideways above the waist.
                  Brian Warner
                  Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                  Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                  Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Where is a good place to get some good air cannons these days?

Comment

We got this guy http://www.designtoscano.com/shoppin...ProductID=6909 and our Prop Master, Brad, drilled a hole through the back and put a hose through the mouth. As people approach the end of one of our halls, this guy is at the end of the hall and shoots them with a blast of air. :twisted:

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My "Blasts" of air always seem to come out from another place?
                        And it does scare most people.
                        ("If you don't breathe deeply there will be enough for everyone")
                        ---Bob Blount, former employee
                        Ravens Grin Inn
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Allan,

Frightprops has some great little air cannons and their service is superb!

www.frightprops.com

Take care,
                          Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

places to buy good air cannons

Try us @ www.evilusions.com or if you want insanley loud try my friends at www.minionsweb.com
                            Brian Warner
                            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

For what its worth, I will vouch for Evilusions's Knee Buckler. Awesome product for the money! (and great customer service to boot!)

Gwen, we ran ours into a double barreled shotgun that my brother made. Worked like a charm, got everybody!
                              Heartstoppers
                              Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                              www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Working...
                              X