how many walls would u need and how much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many walls would u need and how much

i have a 48 by 80 ish space. i want to know how many walls u would need. And i am thinking doing the hallways with black plastic walls and the rooms wood is that a good idea. i am am woundering if u ask ppl like menards would they sponsor u and give u $. so i just want to know that and the walls
    thanks

sponsors are tough unless your drawing a large audience and stuff
    however with your space personall i would do wooden hallways and black plastic rooms cause your hallways take more abuse.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

ok thanks i am going to be open 3 weekends so 6 nights and i had 300 people last year and i was open for like 4 hours.
      thanks

Comment

sponsors may be possible for you then
        start asking around now then
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

ok thanks how much should u ask for or what should u say

Comment

idk im working on the same thing lol
            theres a couple threads on sponsors allready

Comment

ok cool thanks maybe we can help each other on this. cause do u ask for $ or stuff to build the haunt.

Comment

Originally posted by hoffie08 View Post
                i have a 48 by 80 ish space. i want to know how many walls u would need. And i am thinking doing the hallways with black plastic walls and the rooms wood is that a good idea. i am am woundering if u ask ppl like menards would they sponsor u and give u $. so i just want to know that and the walls
                thanks
                You would need to use the wood/plywood for the hallways, and then plastic for you rooms. Mainly because of the fire marshall.

From my experience, they will require that, because general rule of thumb is...
                If the patron can touch it, then they can attempt to light it on fire. If your room sets are situated so that the customers cannot reach the walls, then its possible to use plastic(if the fire marshall will allow that.)
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by hoffie08 View Post
                  thanks
                  I would hope that your approach to any corporation in an attempt for sponsorship would have better spelling/grammer than your post here.

I'm not a haunt owner, so I can't say for certain that you have no chance, but in my opinion the odds are very slim that a home haunt (I presume yours is a home haunt) will manage to get any corporate sponsorship, especially if your event is not directly linked to a charity. First of all, Menards is a large corporation, not just some mom and pop store. These people are usually the hardest to get money out of. My own brother couldn't get Home Depot to donate lumber for his Eagle Scout project. Big corporations do sponsor some events, but it all depends on the event.

Whenever you're putting together a sponsorship package, you need to ask yourself one important question. What's in it for the sponsors? If your answer is simply "to help a community event", you can forget it. Sponsors aren't interested in just having a charitable tax write off, or being a benefit to the community. It's a bonus to be doing those things, but above all a sponsorship is a marketing strategy. It's about the exposure.

Now when I talk about a sponsorship, I'm talking about a business or individual giving you cash in exchange for you putting their banner up, giving them free tickets, etc etc. You may be able to find some local business that will be willing to sell your tickets at their business. Or maybe parter up with you by offering coupons with your tickets. But this is all assuming you charge admission.

If you're only expecting about 300 people to attend, I wouldn't even think about approaching Menards or any other major corporation. Maybe a lumber store can help you out by offering scraps or damaged wood or something, but you won't get any cash.
                  -Rob

Audio Guru
                  Lighting Designer

Comment

300 people each night

Comment

My bad, I was thinking 300 total.

300 a night isn't a bad number, but it's still not too likely to generate interest from corporations. You haven't specified, are you a home haunt or a pro haunt? Do you charge admission? Are you affiliated with a charity?
                      -Rob

Audio Guru
                      Lighting Designer

Comment

i am a home haunt. i am affiliated with a charity i send all the $ i get to the cancer center of wisconsin.

Comment

You really only need two walls, as long as you have 4 assistants to carry the two walls on either side of the patrons no matter where they go.
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Gregg, Honda took that idea, put it on 4 wheels, you know, that little box/mini van thing they sell?
                            It would make a good delivery van for Meals on Wheels for the elderly, they would all be getting a square meal!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X