Best Attraction Upgrade Investments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Attraction Upgrade Investments?

Hey Larry! I'm anxious to see your updates on the Darkness Tour! If Due to the numerous unexpected expenses we encountered with the property we purchased this year, we have to be very prudent in our purchases for improving the show for 2009. I'd be interested in knowing what you believe is the best way to improve the quality of the show. What would you rate as the number one investment in upgrading the show quality? My guess would be the CGI effects, but I'd love your feedback!

I truly hope you had a hugely successful season this year Larry. You definitely have earned every bit of your success! I'm excited to see the progress you make with the new building and with your attractions. If I wasn't so far away from St. Louis, a half a day drive, I'd volunteer to come help out for free just for the experience! If you think of anything I can do to help you out from here, just let me know! Heck, maybe I'll make the drive anyway!

Thanks again for your consistent contribution to the industry and for your efforts that benefit us all!

Anyone else wanting to provide your feedback as to what you would rate as the number one investment in upgrading the show quality? I've already mentioned in another thread of a similar topic that some of the investments we've already made that I feel were great ones were the mini-spotlights, singing bust, Creative Visions animatronic greeter, etc. I'd love to hear from others!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

You know, this answer isn't as fun or sexy as others because it doesn't involve buying cool stuff at Transworld ... but I would say that the best investment we made this year was with our operations/customer service team. Having more people at the cashier booth, answering questions in line, scanning tickets, selling merch, spotting potential trouble-makers, and selling RIP passes significantly improved customer feedback, attendance, and my sanity.

In terms of technological upgrades, I think you can never go wrong by spending money on audio. Mp3 players can now be purchased for as little as $30, and decent pc-computer systems can be found for under $140 ... even the most basic scene can be improved significantly with the right audio
    Scott Simmons
    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

I'm completely on board with Scott on this one. His haunt utilizes more sound than any in our area, and that makes the difference. Hearing air compressors running and pistons actuating just isn't scary. Digital sound with a man gurgling blood as his head is cut off is. In this industry you have to ensure a full on assault of the senses. And sound is a major contributor to that.

Hth

Comment

Look at your entire operation and find the weakest points and work on those.
        Is it costumes and make-up? Sets? Operations (Cuelines, signage, more ticket windows?)

Lighting and audio can mean everything!

I agree with Scott, too often customer service and operations can make all the difference especially when you have lots of guests on site.

I like to get big toys but so often it is the little things that really make the difference.

Thanks!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback! Scott, I've PM'd you regarding the sound system/s.

Kel
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Some quick thoughts...

I've been preaching this for a long time but thinks like websites, logos, and even video productions of your event should all be upgraded to Hollywood standards, that more than anything can increase your business.

As for the show itself, sound is a great one, because sound scares people. Lighting is another sure fire way to enhance your sets and scenery. I am really looking to upgrade my costumes, and really hope some vendors are listening.

One of the biggest things I think people could use is REAL props, spending some money on authentic props that others would throw away but we cherish. The more of this stuff you have the more you can make your haunt look real!

Lastly, FIND A GREAT artists someone who could bid to you a price to repaint your entire attraction with top notch scenic paintings

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We added more sound this year to and 4 peek a boos from Fright Props, these things are wicked cool. Plays any thing you put into it and then BAM! Larrys right to about the web site. Our new site (much better then our old one) saw more hits, were going to revamp it again.
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Three years ago I made The Ravens Grin Inn more "user-Friendly", some had complained about getting physically beat up by the house ("Bad House!")
                So then I probably lost all the masochists who liked getting beat up, and the wussies who needed it more user-friendly haven't gotten the word yet, still afraid!!!
                It's always "Six of One, Half a dozen of the Other!"
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X