No announcement yet.

Is everyone going up the creek???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem is people are trying to change the way our economy works. Since the beginning of the US, our economy has been based on people wasting their money. Now, all the sudden, gas companies feel that price gouging is going to make them more money. Well, people started freaking out and decided to start saving money. The problem is, while more people are saving money, less people are wasting money. I think that is one problem bringing about the "fall".

Another thing, we have became too dependant on China. Every freakin' thing in stores is 'Made in China' or 'Produced by China'. We are importing a heck of a lot more than we are exporting, making the "fall" occur faster.

But, at the same time, it's natural for the economy to rise and fall. It always has, and will, jump around. You could almost call economics the roller coaster ride from Hell.

But so far, due to me not having too much money in my possession right now, it hasn't hit me. In fact, I'm gaining more money than I ever have (but that doesn't say too much )!
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

If you work for a company, are you at odds with your company or are you working with them to make them better.

This goes both ways. If management gives back and the workers don't as for unrealistic things, then it can work. A union creates this us vs. them attitude in the company instead of GM vs. Ford, Toyota, Nissan, its GM workers vs. GM mgmt.

In my company, we work together, there is no union, but mgmt is very good to us. When we make extra profit, our bonus goes up, they upgrade the lunch room with better food, TV's, a fitness center. So the company reinvests. Its not alway directly to my wage, its often the fringe stuff, but I still see it as a positive.

I guess that is my biggest beef, mgmt, work with your people, people, work with your mgmt, and then US products will continue to thrive.

Comment

Brent,

I'm with the republicans on this one... UAW needs to lower wages, cut benefits and end expensive programs that keep US car makers from being as competitive as the Japanees or Korea or China or whomever wants make cars. I also FIRMLY believe that if you cut labor costs you can get them to secure more jobs and stop all the jobs going to mexico.

More plants will close my friend, and eventually there will be no industry what so ever. Look at all the industries that are no longer, and a lot of that has to do with Unions. Some industries must simply accept what the job is worth to keep that industry here in the US and if that isn't good enough for you move on to something else.

Unions need to wake up quick because before its all over they will all be busted by sending more jobs overseas.

What makes me sick is to see just all the industries we've lost, and how do all of these companies think if you ship all the jobs out of the country how in the WORLD do you think there will be people here who can afford to buy anything. YOU CANT SEND EVERY JOB OUT OF THE COUNTRY thinking you are saving money, you are hurting the whole nation and eventually no one here will have jobs so no one can buy anything.

One day soon this will NOT be the #1 consumer market because there won't be any jobs... not everyone can be the President or a billionaire investor, it just doesn't work like that.

Unions need to realize what is going on and give back a lot back and ask for more job security and promises to open back up more plants! Lets not pay the few workers they have left more money, lets double the amount of workers that sounds better to me.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

cut your price

Hey Larry,
          We will have to agree to disagree on this. There has been much changed in labor/management in recent years, but the realization of many is yet to follow.

I have been on both sides of this fence, at the same time by being an employee and owning several businesses, too. I wouldn't run my business the way GM does, but I try to do my job as a trainer (primary for the last ten years) and electrician (secondary) the best that I can.

Now, can you imagine putting your idea to use here. Playing devils advocate here: Since you feel some working people make too much money and need to be competitive; Cut your announced TW tour prices for March in half.

Curious as to how that idea sits with you.
          Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
          Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Brent,

The cost of our tour has nothing to do with an entire industry going down the drain and affecting millions of working people around the country does it? Hey I respect your opinion but I don't agree... UAW and many other unions need to start thinking about life after the industry they represent because its happening all over the place. The auto industry is about to lose one of the three companies and with it tens of thousands of jobs.

Which is better bring the wages down to meet the costs of Japan or put everyone out the door? If you don't think its enough pay find a new job, find a new line or work, its America. Anyone can leave any job they don't like and let people who do want those jobs which would still be on the HIGH side of pay and benefits take them.

I'm in your corner believe it or not I do not want to see the whole industry move to another country, or simply go under. UAW will have no choice but to cut wages the government will demand it otherwise they'll pull their loans and well they will go bankrupt. NO BANKS, NO INVESTORS will invest in these companies... Icanh just sold every share he has in Ford, everyone is jumping ship. Pretty soon it will boil down to sell your cars or lose your jobs no one left to bail out the industry.

I BUY AMERICAN ALWAYS!

I ALWAYS look for MADE IN AMERICA labels and I will pay more to get an American car... too bad not everyone feels that way. Blame Walmart! I think maybe you don't understand my point, because my point is unless UAW agrees to lower wages Japan cars will put you out of business. Consumers assume they make better cars, cars that get better fuel milage, and well they offer more options and are cheaper cars. It boils down to what it costs to make the cars. Management needs to cut costs, starting with themselves, UAW needs to lower wages, and last but not least they need to make cars people WANT not what they don't want.

Personally I think most of every car GM makes is just bone ugly, I would not buy one of their cars. Ford cars outside of their trucks, Mustangs, and high end SUV are BONE UGLY! Problem is no one wants trucks, or SUV and high fuel consumption Mustangs... this is why Toyata, Honda and all these guys are selling more cars. I don't blame UAW for this I blame management for being asleep at the wheel but still Japan, Korea they sell good cars, they look nice and they cost less! What can you do? You have to rethink he whole thing!

I will still always BUY AMERICAN! I don't want to see the industry leave, and leave more cities left for dead like most of Detroit, I want to see this industry stronger and employ more people not less. To make that happen you have to make tough choices...something you are faced with if you work within that industry.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

On another note doesn't it PISS YOU OFF TO NO END to call AMEX customer service or just about any company these days and be transfered to freakin India? Can't Americans do those jobs? I can't even understand a damn thing they are saying and they are somehow going to help me.

Big companies with their pursuit of making stock holders more money have shipped more jobs overseas than anyone can even stomach! Tell your government officials to support anything that STOP companies from farming out jobs Americans can do!

BUY AMERICAN!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

I agree. The funny thing is they actually teach these Indians how to speak in American slang. I was trouble shooting my computer, they had me talk to someone in India and while we were waiting he hit me up with ALL the slang talk! It was funny, sad, and awkward at the same time.

Larry not all GM cars are ugly, have you seen the new Camaro? Not ugly!!

Allan

Comment

Interesting thread....

Not sure how soon things will swing into the "things are good" side of the world with recommendations like this coming out of Washington. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090102/ap_on_go_ot/gas_tax
                  http://www.innerfears.com/
                  http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                  X