Another haunt tour for March?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another haunt tour for March?

I wanted to get some opinions on adding another haunt tour to the convention in March. I own the Necropolis Haunted House in Columbia Missouri and would definitely be willing to get our haunt up and going for a night. I would be honored to have other haunt owners go through and provide feedback (we are always trying to learn and get better). Our actors put on a pretty good show (we are a mix of "old school" haunts and new, and we do touch our customers). However, there are a couple of issues. Issue number one is scheduling. I'm not sure where the tour would fit into the convention schedule (I will not do it any night that would conflict with the Darkness tours). The second (and probably bigger) issue is distance. Columbia is about 2 hours away from St. Louis. So, right now its just an idea. For those of you who plan to attend the convention, let me know what you think.
    Bill C. Schnell
    Dark Son Productions
    NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
    www.NecroPlanet.com

Well, the main tours of the Darkness (if I am not mistaken) are Thursday and Saturday nights. If you would open Friday night (March 27th), that wouldn’t conflict with the Darkness tours.

It’s great to have choices, but distance may be a problem for people, especially those who came to the TW convention by plane. Those who drove there and had there own car would have more freedom and would probably consider the trek.

I personally would drive that far to see another haunted attraction, but I can't speak for the other attendees of Transworld.
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Well Bill I was thinking the same thing but I didnt want to go out on a limb by myself but you took the first step so here we go. Our haunt is also in columbia Mo. and we also would be willing to open our doors for a haunt tour the same nite as Necropolis if there is enough intrest in it. Our corn field just got combined last week so our haunted hayride and corn maze portion wont be available but we have Sarahs legend and Slashmasters Asylum available. Like Bill said, just let us know what you guys want. It's up to you.
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

You should provide some info about your haunt like photos, videos, a link to your website stuff like this. Is the haunt inside, how big, blah, blah.

I personally live in St. Charles, so its only about 1 hour and 30 minutes from here but from downtown St. Louis I'd say a bit more than 2 hours but close.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Fearfest is approximately 11,000 square feet split between the two haunted houses. a link to our website is at the bottom of this thread. We just switched over to our new computer system and all our pictures of our haunts are on the old system. I will try and get it back online so i can download some pics for you. Our haunts are indoors, we have the Blood n Bones cafe for our waiting/concession area. The cool thing about Fearfest is if you run a temporary show you will want to take a look at us. Our haunts are built under commercial canopies with steel walls. They basically look like morgan buildings with canopy roofs. Our temporary floor system allows the rain water to run under the floors and keeps our patrons dry. If you need any more info Larry or anyone else just pm me or e-mail me at fearfestmo@aol.com Thank you, Greg
          Greg Allen
          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

This is starting to get interesting!

What night?

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

So Fearfest and Necropolis in Columbia! That's two of the haunt's I had on my list that might be possible to have on a Friday Night tour.

I know that I would attend on Friday night and the two hour drive is fine with me.
              Dr. Haunt's Chamber of Fear
              email: drhauntschamberoffear@yahoo.com

Comment

Well it seems like friday night would have to be the night. It also seems like some kind of transportation would be in order (a bus?). Our haunt is in an old meat packing factory, approximately 10,000 sq.ft. all indoor. As I said earlier, we have an old school feel with a strong focus on actors but with some nice eye candy as well. Last season we completely re designed the attraction with a new focus on set design to go along with our scares. We pride ourselves on intensity. Our actors get very close and personal and we are one of the few haunts that do touch the customers. For the past couple of years we have also had a second 3D attraction, but it would not be available due to renovations. Check out our website (listed below) for our backstory (we have kind of created our own urban legend) Here is a link for some pics and I will post some videos of previous seasons.

(Just click on the image)

Bill C. Schnell
                Dark Son Productions
                www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

Lets see if I can figure out this video thing... Here is our tv commercial from last season. The quality on this is not the best, I would highly recommend going to www.youtube.com/necropolishaunt and watching the high quality version.

Bill C. Schnell
                  Dark Son Productions
                  www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

Here is a video from the 2007 season. Again I would recommend the high quality version at www.youtube.com/necropolishaunt Also remember that this footage is from before the re-design. Enjoy.

Bill C. Schnell
                    Dark Son Productions
                    www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

Count me in

I would love to see your haunts and I am willing to make the drive.

Comment

Same here my crew of four will make the trip if you guys open.

Comment

We'd be there

You guys should put it together, 2 hours is fine, we'd do it.

Chris
                          Chris Stafford
                          1331 Entertainment Group
                          Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                          13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                          13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

If you want to do we'd be happy to promote it on our tour page.

If we can't get open you might do it on Saturday.

No matter we'd be happy to promote your haunt opening no doubt about it.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I was reading some of the other threads. What about the HHA meeting? What time is that? It is set for Friday nite then a meet and greet. Any ideas??
                              Greg Allen
                              www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Working...
                              X