No announcement yet.

Another haunt tour for March?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then maybe the tour of The Darkness should be “bus only”, as well. There is a chance that someone may get lost. LOL.

Larry, they should give people an option. A great number of people from the Midwest area will be driving to TW, which means they will have the means to drive to this attraction on their own. Giving everyone a price-break will entice more folks to go on the tour.

While bus transportation is convenient, it can also be a pain in the a@@. I personally like the idea of being able to come and go as I please. The part about bus tours that I really hate is having to wait for the next bus to show up, before I can leave.

As for people getting lost, let me say this. If they do, it’s their own fault. This is the age of technology. I’ve already mapped the Haunt location out on Yahoo Maps, Google Maps and Maps.Live.com (formerly MSN & Mapblast sites). I also have the address programmed into my GPS.

There is no reason that people should be forced to pay for a bus, when they can (and want to) make it there on their own.
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Adam,

The suggestion of having people drive 2 and half hours and not take busses only is totally the worst idea I've ever heard. You talk about potential nightmare waiting to happen... that is just a horrible idea!

Tell me Adam, are you going to have all the cars line up and say ready, set, go?

Otherwise people arrive at all different times, some get lost, don't don't make it, and everyone is showing up at all sorts of different times. TERRIBLE IDEA!

It shouldn't even be an option unless you want total chaos... as for The Darkness it is less than two miles away totally different story.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We won't be attending this if there isn't a bus there... simply not going to make the drive! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Actually, the drive should only be a little more than two hours, not two and a half hours, as you suggest. Even so, what is the problem with that? Is the general public incapable of making such a trek on their own? As I stated before, there are technological aides, such as online mapping programs and GPS. For those who aren’t so good with directions, they always have the option of taking the bus tour, right? As for trusting busses, how about the bus drivers who got lost for the Transworld Vegas tour. I would rather drive myself, thank you!

Also, there have been other Transworld Haunt tours where people were given the option of driving themselves and things turned out fine.

Oh, wait.. Maybe your objection has nothing to do with transportation at all. Perhaps you want to keep the cost of this other tour as high as possible, so the $50 price tag of your own tour doesn’t seem so unreasonable?!?! That does make sense. After all, you did erase the thread of several people complaining about that very subject. Coincidence? Perhaps not.
          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Bus Renting...

Done that. Send the money to the Bus Co. and then watch the mailbox for the checks to show up before the last possible cancellation day arrives.
            I finally informed my wife that if at least a bunch more checks don't show up on Monday that we will have to cancell......that Monday I was pleasantly surprised to find about 5 more checks there, now we had the bus paid for if nothing else!
            So everybody remember to wait til that last possible moment to reserve your ticket, no use making it too easy on anyone now is it?
            As far as touring other haunters through my house.....nobody criticized it to my face anyway because many of them were actually in fear for their very lives! (Too scary? Too scary on a new undefined level?)
            Years later there were some critics in such a group , they were all young punks who were pizzing and moaning because they were not finding the standard fare here..yet the haunt owners in their group were marvelling at what they saw and experienced here.
            You can't win them all!
            Sometimes heavier criticism follows unrealistic expectations from borderline false advertising, sometimes it just comes from a ticket being priced into the" precious" zone.
            Most normal people aren't going to be critical of an under-priced haunt.
            Under-priced for the value of the experience given.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

buses as an option

We will be driving and it sounds like many that are responding are as well.

The tickets can be set up by the hour no matter which way you come by. "Bus only" will eliminate us as it would strain our budget for the amount of people we will have there.

Besides, buses can get lost: Viva Haunt Vegas buses got lost in March 2008. I was on one of them and it started out pretty overwhelming for all involved. Also, the original TW tour to Raven's Grin Inn got slightly lost and alheimers combined. The old boy driving didn't drive any faster than his wheelchair he had.

So, Columbia haunts, and maybe a couple along the way, maybe you want to do a I-70 Gateway Haunt Tour!!
              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Bill Schnell

Your Haunt looks Amazing!!!!!
                I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT.
                One bus ticket PLEASE!!!!
                sigpic
                PEACE, ADAM
                www.poisonprops.com

Comment

And Then!

That bus company tried to bill me a few months later for the extra time incurred!
                  Even though the driver got us lost, going against my directives I gave him as I stood next to him as he was driving through Dixon, Ill., 45 miles from my home.(Like I don't know how to get home?) From Dixon!?
                  Remember once the bus got on rt 88 headed here he kept stopping every so often then seemed to be looking for spare change that might have rolled out of his pocket or something?
                  I was told by one of my visitors a vendor, the next day at Transworld that when he woke up on rt88 headed back that the bus was only traveling about 25 miles an hour, on route 88!
                  It would have been very unfair to everyone else on the bus to have to die, getting rear-ended by a speeding semi at 2am just because the driver needed or wanted to die.
                  Then after I sent the bus company a detailed letter about that night and they said I didn't have to pay them, a month later they billed me again! So I re-wrote that sad, miserable experience down and mailed it to them again!
                  No, nothing wrong ever happens to a bus ride.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Adam! If you do come through you'll get to see some of your animatronics and hear some of your sound! lol
                    Bill C. Schnell
                    Dark Son Productions
                    NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
                    www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

Bill,

Are you guys doing this or not did you make up your mind? Let us know.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

The warfield bus nightmare

Jim,
                        Again, don't get me wrong, that trip is very memorable. Lots of fun that night, and now looking back, it was aggravating at the time as to the slow trip there. You guys did keep us entertained with videos and interviews.

Oh, and those cookies you gave away. After we got back on the bus and we all realized you were the host and also the cookie giver, we all asked each other, "did you eat the cookies?" (erie music at this point!) lol

I-70 Gateway Haunt Tour here we come.

www.Hysterium.com

www.hysteriumescapes.com

sigpic

Comment

I'm Kind Of Small-Town/stupid.

I guess I assumed everyone knew who I was? ("Smalltownstupid!")
                          So would you have eaten any of those cookies if I was wearing a name tag and you had not assumed I was just a bus rider like the rest of you, but that I actually knew where the bus was going!!! (Even if I could not convince the driver)
                          That poor busdriver just seemed to "lose-it" once he left the city surroundings and was plowing through a sea of unending corn. (Of course there was no corn it was March, that's it! He was distracted worrying about where the corn was hiding!
                          Nobody likes to be startled by millions of ears of corn suddenly burying your bus!
                          "Where that corn! where that corn?"
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

warfield

Hmm, that is the question, Jim!!!!!!!

www.Hysterium.com

www.hysteriumescapes.com

sigpic

Comment

I just now saw this thread going.

I just wanted to jump in and say that I will go on this tour if it happened, and that I would prefer to drive myself and friends to the event.
                              Brad Bowen
                              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Some final thoughts here... one DO NOT let people drive themselves. Yes maybe a few could get there on time, not get lost, and keep on your very tight schedule but several will not. On something like this you must control 110% the schedule because you'll be on a very tight one...

Allowing people to drive is just asking for pure chaos and for sure constant gripes later. I think 90 plus percent of people who would choose to do a tour would prefer a bus and the entire trip be organized for them, pay one price and you do the rest. Its just a bad bad idea not to do this by bus only.

I think most if not all the past tours have been a totally controlled situation, especially when traveling this far.

Lastly, Transworld caught wind of this situation, and they want to know. This show has been promoted for a long time now and well if you are going to do something you should decide quickly.

Time is running out, however I will say on the other hand you should think this through very carefully and not make a move you may regret later. These things must be thought through top to bottom before pulling the trigger.

I'm sure it will take a little bit of time to figure out the busses.

If you choose to do the tour the new HHA (HauntedHouseAssociation) and (Hauntworld) would be happy to promote your tour.

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X