Punisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punisher

Did anyone see Punisher yet? One of the industires players 'Robert Short' a winner of an academy award from Beatlejuice did all the art direction on this film.

Was wondering if anyone saw it yet...

I now at the box office it totally bombed first night with only 1.6 million.

Personally I think Punisher should have never had his own movie until he played smaller roles in say a Spiderman or Daredevil movie or something along those lines. But here he is again another Punisher movie... I am going to see it because I like Punisher but I wantd to know what everyone thought of the movie.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Punisher: War Zone

Based on the Marvel Comics series, this has Ray Stevnson as a man who has hunted down hundreds of culprits and now faces a new challenge. Also, he was played in ROME from HBO TV series - the complete first and second season, he was aka Titus Pullo.

Without giving anything good.

Witty and extremely funny dialogue special effects/makeup that was very cool.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give it 7.75 - It was enjoyable, not too serious and goodtime flick.

FMI - see www.punisherwarzonemovie.com
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

i havent seen the new punisher yet...however the one with thomas jane was awesome...it kept the punisher somewhat realistic, by not just crashing down doors and gunning people down (until the end)...but more or less made him out to be a tactical genius by having his enemy kill off those he loves the most...
      i will go see the new one regardless, but is it a kick in the door, indestructable, bullet flinging action movie, or does it folow suit with the first one and have him plot everything out methodically...later

maddi poole
      screamline
      WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
      440-392-2666

Comment

I saw it...

First off the script was just horrible! This whole Scareface guy was terrible, he was more comical than some sort of super villian and his brother was a laugh.

I would say this movie was well pretty bad, because of the script and acting. Considering it only made 4 million at the box office which officially makes it a bomb.

Now the good side, the guy they had play the Punisher was awesome no doubt about it... he was 110X better than anyone who's ever played the Punisher. He was pretty ruthless, and he killed a lot of people, he basicaly takes no prisoners.

The movie also had some pretty cool parts especially the very very end...

I think they had the right look, the right background, and the right actor to play the role and a great costume for the Punisher just a terrible script with a lot of really bad acting, just not on the part of the Punisher.

HE KNOCKED THE ROLL OUT OF THE PARK...

I hope in the end that this guy plays the Punisher again just in a Daredevil movie, or something like this. Punisher needs more exposure through a mainstream movie.

Overall its really bad due to the story and acting, but if you ever wanted to see a GOOD ACTOR PLAY PUNISHER go see the movie. There are a lot of cool ways he kills people!

He's a brutal PUNISHER!

HEHEH

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

thanks for the heads up larry...i think i will just wait for it to come out on DVD or something...

has anyone heard anything about 'the spirit'...looks like a cool movie..has a great production crew...just not familiar with the character

maddi poole
          WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
          440-392-2666

Comment

Larry, Always appreciate your very honest opinion. We got raked over the coals by the lack of ticket sales. Regarding the tone of the film it was never the productions intention to do a film in the style of something like "The Dark Knight". We did however try to capture the feeling of the MAX version of the Punisher graphic novels. Anyone familier with those books will probably appreciate how close the film came to the source material. In any case I appreciate your's and Haunt Marley's thumbs up regarding our Special Effects make-up for the show. We did get some cool kills in. Doing the "Punisher" was like doing a zombie film without zombies. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Chicago show. Regards, Robert Short

Comment

Just a point of clarification: Robert was not the art director, he was the senior visual effects supervisor... there is a big difference between the two. Just wanted to give credit where it was deserved.

Tim Turner
              Ghoulish Gallery, Inc.

Comment

If it comes to DVD with Unrated Version, then I'd go rent it!
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The reason the movie was bad was the ACTING of all the roles with exception of the Punisher. The acting was just over the top especially with Scareface, and some of the things they did like Scareface just no one would ever do. It was just so unbelievable so unrealistic, then when you throw in the bad acting this movie just bites the dust. Like the girl who is kidnapped, had guns put to her head, she sees people being blown away but never cries and is always unfazed, and Scarefaces brother, enough said there, and then you got Scareface who has to be the dumbest super criminal of all time...LOL.

I loved how Punisher killed people, his weapons, the dark look of the movie, and especially loved the Punishers outfit, his hidout, and the Punisher himself. I loved how the Punisher was really being kept going by the Police that was all cool but the acting it was just way to unbelievable on every single level. The Jesus thing athe end was especially creative. But overall it was the script and the acting that did in this movie, not any of the special effects, or art direction, tone, or whatever. On boxofficemojo.com over 25% o the people the film an "F" another 10% a 'D". I wouldn't rate it an "F" specifically because of Ray Stevenson he was 'A+', they found the PERFECT Punisher let me tell you. Overall I give the movie a C+.

Another cool part is when Punisher blows some roof jumpers up with a rocket or something, but then you go right back to the bad acting with some actor who was clearly not Jamacian (hope I spelled that right) talking to the Punisher is a horrible accent...it was just full of really bad accents, and just plain bad acting.

I hope one day soon they let Ray Stevenson to Punisher again but in a Daredevil or Spiderman movie...that would be awesome!

Ray Stevenson wins my award for best Comic book adaptation of all-time... when you compare him to the comics he's so dead on its not even funny.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Working...
                  X