Maps & Other Info on East Coast Abandoned Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps & Other Info on East Coast Abandoned Sites

FOR MAPS, STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS IN, OUT & AROUND, USEFUL INFO ABOUT SECURITY, PICS, ETC. OF ABANDONED HOSPITALS, SCHOOLS, PRISONS, ETC. AROUND THE EASTCOAST........

GO TO MYSPACE.COM/WRECKLESSABANDONMENT49

OR

EMAIL: WRECKLESSABANDONMENT@HOTMAIL.COM

We are up and running as of 12-6-08, so check back regularly for new stuff.
    Thanks!!

Gregg told me the entire east coast was abandonned. No maps needed.
    hahahaha! (I live in a village of 1,700 retired farmers and young unemployed situated in a sea of corn)
    My corn periscope works better now that the corn has been picked for the year.
    I can see things!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As a lead investigator of MMPS (Michigan Metro Paranormal Society) which is a professional paranormal research team, I must say that this is a very stupid Idea. To encourage people to enter abandoned buildings to explore is simply insane. In Michigan alone there were 12 reported cases of death to people who were trespassing in abandoned building this year. These buildings are empty in the most part because of the safety of these buildings. You would be a complete fool to enter one of these sites without the knowledge of what areas are safe to explore.

If you are looking to explore creepy old buildings, there are many resources in every state that can lead you to these places that are safe to visit. Many places offer lights out tours as well as ghost hunts.

Just my 2 cents,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
      www.myspace.com/mimetroparanormalsociety
      www.michiganmetroparanormalsociety.com/
      www.DeadlyIntentionsHaunt.com
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

And of course for extra lack of safety always go in these places after dark.
        My Ex had the crapola scared from her when she sneaking around inside an abandoned Iowa farmhouse, her scream could have been heard from quite a distence away!
        She turned the corner and came face to face with herself in a full-length mirror!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

LOL that must have been terrifying!!

These are good points you bring up, safety is of course of utmost importance. And even when you think you're being safe, you really never know what could occur.

Still there is just something about the thrill of it all...

Comment

Many really old buildings that I got to know more intimately than most (Doing piping work in them) usually had some potentially dangerous traps . Usually a cistern would be dug pretty close to the house when it was built to catch and store rain water running there via the spouting for use later.
            Then a few years later an addition would be often built going right over top of the old cistern.
            As a worker sent into a crawlspace to assemble gas piping I came very close to exploring the cistern more closely than I really wanted to be doing in the dark.
            Cisterns might be 10 foot deep or more , laid up out of brick, often with a "Coke bottle shape so as you are looking down into the dark water below (and screaming when a flashlight reflects your own face!) you are actually over that ten foot hole full of ancient water if the bricks in the neck of the "Coke" bottle crumbed.
            Then if the house rots away or gets burnt down, the cistern is still there waiting to snag somebody...it doesn't just go away.
            Sometimes several dump truck loads of rock and dirt will be used filling them, sometimes the dump truck (or another piece of heavy equiptment) finds the cistern for you!
            Right after WW2 large, galvenised steel drums were buried , used as septic tanks, they rot too.
            Once the roof goes the floor follows pretty soon after , the floor might look solid til you put all of your weight on it, then it's too late.
            This sort of accident always looks funny in the old comedy movies it's not fun in real life with real blood and bones involved.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X