Work is slow?
    Wood is cheap!
    Ebay deals?
    Love to build?
    or do you have no life?

Me...Sad but all of the above....

www.ScreamWorks.org
    Phantom

We're in the middle of our construction for 2009 right now... got around 30K sq. ft. of haunt to build! YAY!... fun times! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

30k! crazy!
      good luck, i think i like seeing construction pics more than finished pics
      so if you get a chance please post some pics.
      we start construction february!!!!
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Nick,

As soon as I get the OK from my partner, I'll be releasing construction pics! Maybe some video too! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

"I'm Fixing a hole..

..Where the rain gets in that keeps my mind from wandering."
          Paul McCartney couldn't help me but the hole has been in the basement wall since I bought the house 21 years ago. I covered it with wood, plastic and insulation but those things don't keep out determined critters.
          Masonary, hard bricks and some steel will.
          The tricky part is the back of the stone foundation wall that you can't see from inside the basement. These holes were roughly knocked through many eons ago for heating pipes with no care given to how many big supportive rocks and mortar went down.
          Of course this also opens up a display opportunity in that crawlspace place with some fany brickwork, an access door and who knows what else?
          The opening is right above a concrete laundry sink so people could not be standing real close to the opening if a door swung open and a creature popped out..but maybe an aquatic invasion from the water standing in the laundry sink itself as they become distracted by looking up into the crawlspace place?
          Of course first I have to build a solid, tight, critter-proof, insulated room up there before anything else can happen.
          It might be alot easier building 30,000 sq ft. of haunt than the crawl-in, turn-around horizontal work this will require. Wanna trade?
          I cannot even begin to estimate how many times I will have to climb and crawl into this small area to build this.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

cool

awsome! i cant wait
            what is your haunt again? website?
            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

scarylexington.com

-Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We took down one of our attractions last week and began placing new walls inside Bloody Fun. We added this year as a trial - Bloody Fun, which was a clown haunt (big surprise - the customer reviews were great about 15% of the people that went through this attraction never made it to the main attraction).

The goal is to be finish with the Bloody Fun design by the end of February and then to work on The Show attraction in March and then redo our rooms in Chamber of Fears in April (what can I say - we want to beat the Texas heat).
                Dr. Haunt's Chamber of Fear
                email: drhauntschamberoffear@yahoo.com

Comment

We are currently looking for a bigger location and then we will start construction.
                  ~Bill Mlinac
                  The Deadland Haunted House
                  www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                  www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

We are having a team meeting next Thursday. Then we will start redesigning the entire haunt on January 3rd. We plan on having the haunt finished by the end of May so we can all enjoy the summer.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
                    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

The Fun Never Ends

You can Fool us.... "Finish"....

Is it just me or do also keep work on your haunt.... even up till the last night.
                      Not ... Fixing . I'm mostly talking about tweets here and their.

BUT!

We have so much room to play with (see link) 2 Haunts outside.(5acres)

( http://www.californiahauntedhouses.c...5/default.aspx )

We built *Sinisterium (Haunt #2) pathway to be able to open a new room during the event. Finish...Never!

Sin is left up, we will rebuild 30%+ of it. Conover (Top, in the corn) is moved into stagging.

Phantom@ScreamWorks.org
                      Phantom

Comment

It Has Taken Me Years..

To just get one display done.
                        Customers seem to like seeing a work-in-progress, I think.
                        The item I am referring to required me to lay up a mere 20 foot of wall using concrete blocks but then I had to lay up maybe 600 bricks, 12 different sizes (Yes, they are all 150 years old) to make a curving brick-arched ceiling hallway.
                        It would have been alot easier to have built this outdoors, then put a building over and around it. I worked with zero clearance from the brick to the metal ceiling, how did I get that mortar up in there?
                        After I completed all of this then came the tricky floor with all those custom-made moving parts, all steel, bearings, levers, gears, measured, cut assembled by me, then the lighting.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X