Tips or ideas for a haunted trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips or ideas for a haunted trailer.

I am planning to do a haunted trailer (semi trailer) for halloween this year. I am looking for a cheap trailer near kentucky. If any one has any ideas or tips I would appreciate it.

Fill it full of buckys wearing rotted cothing and say, "OH God! Somebody closed the air vents in the trailer! I knew they should have paid an actual bus company to ride to see the haunted house!"
    Of course everybody's dead except for one fat guy who now burps alot!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Because of the close quarters present inside a trailer, I always thought it would be cool if someone themed one like the inside of a cave (which are usually also pretty tight on space). Of course this probably wouldn't be very cheap to do...

Comment

Or Maybe...

An old one-room schoolhouse?
        They had few students sometimes, just a few desks, totally simple minds?
        (Not really they got the best education because of the teacher to student ratio)
        Maybe the long-lost real Vampire exhi---bit? Shuffled around the country in this trailer for many years, forced to wander...just what would the inside of the trailer look like after being home to a bunch of Vampires?
        All those pieces of furniture made out of human bones?
        Blood-stained carpet? Blood-stained walls.
        A few old artifacts collected along the way (they hold special meaning to someone.)
        There's a book listing all the dentists in a certain area who will work on them without "telling".
        Maybe the inside of the trailer would be one big coffin serving all of them, a heavy sprinkling of dirt on the floor, velvet covered walls...
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This Vampires on tour would explain why there aren't as many lot lizards as there were in the 80's
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Maybe Those "Pires"

Were named "Aids", liked Lorreta Lotlizzard, sent her a bouquet , courtesy of STD flourists.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey there, I am planning on doing the same thing, ie. using trailers. I have done quite a bit of research on this and I can tell you the cost for a 45 ft. will run you anywhere from $1,200.00 to $1,500.00. I have several resources but they are here in Texas and I know the cost of transport would run to high. I would suggest calling around to a few locally owned trucking companies. They can probably direct you. I have been in several haunts using the trailers. They turned out great. Good luck.
              http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Within the hauntworld magazines three different ones in fact, we covered this issue with the help of Rich 'Master of the Trailer Haunt' Strelak.

Does anyone know what issues these stories where covered? I know one was the Transworld Vegas issue.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

1 and 2. I was just looking at them the other day.

For trailers, drive around industrial areas. Many companies begin to retire their trailers when their roadworthiness starts to fade. In my county, you can find dozens of them in the back lots of many company yards. Stop and make them an offer.

Comment

One Basic Question though...

Is it alot harder to convince potential customers , if they realise it's a "Trailer", that it can be worth your admission?
                    I'm not saying this to be a nay-sayer just for the sake of causing consternation but customers do weigh physical area, floor space, and compute in their possibility for scare or entertainment value as they reach for the wallet,know what I mean?
                    Many of us that have been doing this for awhile have usually seen and heard this from customers before.
                    In the summer vines cover a great part of my house. This is when some customers balk at paying $12.00!!? to see this" tiny , little place".
                    Then as we tour the house they say how big it is, how it sure didn't seem this big!
                    Yup!
                    Seven physical levels, 5,000 sq. Ft., 1,800 feet of tour travel, mazes, displays, rooms under the ground, a 95 foot long subterraineon exit tunel, 95% of the props built right here . The house tour usually takes 90 minutes.
                    Pretty CR Azy" Trailer", huh?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Its issues 1 and 2. I bought issue 2 through hauntworld but they were out of 1. I am waiting to get it.

Comment

Well since we are new to the business and just getting started we werent going to charge alot to go through. We have volunteer workers so we won' t have any expenses on that end. Once we get bigger and can find a place we were going to move there and raise the admission.

Comment

thanks thats some good ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X