Contact lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact lenses

Has anyone here had any experience with Fxeyes.com? Also, how do you guys do contact lenses for your employees? Do you make them purchase them for themselves?do you provide the eye exam for them, etc? Just curious as to how you handle it on the business side of contacts.I'm looking to try the mirrored lenses to see how they work out...

Bump. Apparently no haunt owners here use contact lenses for their employees?

Comment

I make my actors buy them. I give thema big price break, but yeah, they have to have an exam in order to get them. This is a FDA regulation. Not sure if other owners or retailers are aware of it, but anyone that buys contacts must have had an eye exam in the past year....
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Exoticlenses.com is who I send my actors to. I pay a little more to the actors that have them but I do not pay for them (liability wise it is not a good idea). Inside the house they are not needed as they will barely get noticed. So even this plan only applies to certain actors.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Yeah I knew it was am FDA reg as I wear them all of the time. I appreciate the feedback however, as it's nice to see how other haunts do it.

Comment

We bought some from the cosmetic contact lense vendor at the Eastern Haunters Conference last year....They go to Transworld too I believe but I don't know their name but they care coming back to the EHC and you live in PA so check them out.

Darkangel

Comment

In the past our actors purchased (on their own) had loved this company:

http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html

Highly recommend this company. Amazing quality and they last. I own the UV pair - the come with florecein (sp?) strips that you soak along with your lenses in the cups - this activates the UV even more than your standard "UV reactive" lenses. In normal light you have an all-white iris/black pupil.
              Last edited by Nicole; 12-18-2008, 06:34 PM.
              Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
              The White Star Farm
              "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Keegan- You asked specifically about fxeyes.com- I have used them in the past for projects and they are among the best (which is why their prices are a bit high). Jack Carter is the name of the owner and all of his stuff is hand painted I believe.

On a side note, 9mmfx.com is owned and operated by his son Kevin Carter (they also do terrific work as he was taught by his father).

Hope that helps.

Thad
                Dental Distortions
                Our Teeth Make Kids Scream, Dogs Bark and Adults Cringe

Comment

Working...
                X