• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need to vent about transworld

Inbox :: Message
    To: screamline studios
    Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:51 pm
    Subject: just a little upset with transworlds hotel rates

Just a quick question, has anyone had a problem with renting a room at the crown plaza for the transworld show at there discounted rate. You have two options, one use the discounted rate at $139.00 per night (which is sold out) or option two spend $249.00 per night, now granted maybe i would not think this is such a big deal but after being legally raped with all the costs that go along with being a vendor there, i feel this is a problem, now maybe we should have reserved our rooms sooner but as a vendor that discounted rate as i believe should always apply. maybe i am wrong but i would like your opinion.

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Jason,

Have you tried booking through Globetrotter?

The only way to go as far as TW is concerned.

- Take care,

Tattoo
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

just a little upset with transworlds hotel rates

Hey tattoo, Globetrotter travel is who i spoke to, sorry should said that in my post.

Comment

Jason,

Check you private messages.
        Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

I usually happen to run out of discounted tickets to my haunted house just about the time I turn on my lights and open up my ticket window.
          Funny how that happens?
          Years ago as many were discussing the whole room situation and the "discount" rooms, it always sounded like they raise the price on Monday to give you part of a discount on Tuesday sort of thing.
          I just drove 2 miles down or up the road and spent $100.oo less. I CAN DRIVE a total of 4 miles for $100.oo, yes I can!
          Infact I could do that all day long as long as the checks were good!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

After the first year we went we have always used priceline. We put in $75 and are never more than a mile away from the convention center and at pretty nice places
            Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

I just booked my room online at Hyatt Regency O'Hare
              $149 per night
              Gary
              Midnight Evil Productions
              www.MidnightEvil.com
              Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
              www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Virgil Franklin and the R.F.R. Crew are staying at the Wnydam. Its only about 1.5 miles away, and has a shuttle every 15 min.

Also, they have the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors going on the same weekend. Should be a mighty good time.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

We usually stay at that Motel 6(or whatever it's called) by the Denny's.

Cheap, and you get a good crowd of haunters at Dennys in the mornings for impromptu seminars, product recommendations and just good conversation.

Comment

THE BEST WAY TO GET HOTELS...

www.priceline.com

We do it every single year and get great deals! You will stay a bit further away like a mile or two but you will pay like 80 bucks a night. Yes I agree its a ripoff!!!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah, it is a rip off. The Crowne is not ONLY $139 + another $15 in taxes and another $20 a day for parking! That is $175 a day. + I think they also charge you to use the pool, weight room and business center! Now this year I had a great year both with the haunt and my other business so I made reservations at the Crowne and was going to treat myself, but you know what? I think I am gonna cancel. I mean, I am in my room for maybe 6-7 hrs a night. Do I want to pay $175 for a bed? :evil: Guess I am just a tight wad, but I have stayed at the Super 8 (in Elkgrove about 15 minuets away) the past 5-6 years. $59 a night and the have a free shuttle service. That is $100 in my pocket. Multiply that x 4 days and that is almost $400 I can spend at the bar, or at a booth. :twisted:

Ron
                      btw, # for the Super 8 is 847-827-3133
                      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

ha

Hmm if you book them as soon as they announce the dates for TW
                        You COULD score really cheap deals prior to Globetrotter locking down the rooms. They buy up all the rooms and jackup the price the later it gets.
                        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Maybe they should stick to playing exibition basketball?
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner
                            THE BEST WAY TO GET HOTELS...

www.priceline.com

We do it every single year and get great deals! You will stay a bit further away like a mile or two but you will pay like 80 bucks a night. Yes I agree its a ripoff!!!

Larry
                            I use priceline for my hotels and you can get really nice hotels for next to nothing. Trust me try it and you will not be dissatisfied. I used it last year for Transworld and I was within walking distance of the convention center.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

We just went thru the round around with the crowne as well, friday night we were told that they do have rooms available, but we could not book a room until Monday AM, then of course on Monday AM , no one knew what we talking about and no room unless we wwant to pay the outrageous price....... GRRRRRRRRRRRR so off to the weston for us.... After reading this post and speaking with Screamline, we may be cancelling that reservation and head that way!
                              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
                              X