No announcement yet.

Just need to vent about transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants my room at the CRowne, let me know. I still have it, but am gonna stay at the Super 8.
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Re: Just need to vent about transworld

Originally posted by screamline studios
      Inbox :: Message
      To: screamline studios
      Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:51 pm
      Subject: just a little upset with transworlds hotel rates

Just a quick question, has anyone had a problem with renting a room at the crown plaza for the transworld show at there discounted rate. You have two options, one use the discounted rate at $139.00 per night (which is sold out) or option two spend $249.00 per night, now granted maybe i would not think this is such a big deal but after being legally raped with all the costs that go along with being a vendor there, i feel this is a problem, now maybe we should have reserved our rooms sooner but as a vendor that discounted rate as i believe should always apply. maybe i am wrong but i would like your opinion.

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS
      For what it's worth, the Crowne Plaze, TransWorld and the Rosemont Convention Center are all seperate entities. The Crowne's prices are set by Crowne, not TransWorld, and are ridiculous 365 days a year (ask anybody who hits Flashback Weekend in July); the food at the Rosemont is outrageously priced as well, but again, TransWorld has NO control over that, either.

Just sayin' - be outraged, but blame the correct parties. The Crowne Plaza doesn't care if you're vending across the street - they have their discounted block and once it's full, it's full. That's it. TransWorld doesn't have a say in it.
      WEB : PRINT : LOGO : ART

Comment

I once talked to the front desk of Embassy Suits, and they said oh our rate for tonight is something like $349.00 per night. And I was like WHAT are you joking...I love your hotels but usually can stay for about $150.00 per night.

They said yeah usually our rates are about $150 per night but for this show for some reason they're double. I swear this is what the lady told me...'FOR THIS SHOW FOR SOME REASON THEY ARE DOUBLE". She told me flat out she didn't know why she only worked there.

I think the best thing for the show is to move it out of Chicago all together and onto Vegas! Warm weather, tons of things to do, and lets not forget Rich Strelak lives there!

LOL

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah the prices get jacked up all the time.

But then again, this year I am staying at the Wyndam so I can hit up both TW and also the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors since that is taking place at the Wyndam. Also saving me a ton of $$ and they have a free shuttle to TW every 15 min. one leaves.

But I think most hotels look at it as a "what other choice do they have" mentality.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

One thing more...

This is the price of doing business. Everyone in America has the right to pay those prices or not to pay them...you can find a hotel less than 5 miles away for half the price. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

I personally choose to stay five miles away and not pay $300.00 per night.

Call me scrooge or just that I would rather pay $80.00 per night over $300.00...

What we really need in Chicago is a HOSTEL ... hehehe

Can you imagine a Hostel with haunters...I wonder if we can make a movie out of that one.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I booked my room at the Crown about 2 weeks ago. When I called they told me I had taken the last room at the show rate ($139) for Saturday night. They still had rooms available for the show price the other nights (at that time) but not Saturday....

Comment

So Larry, does Rich Strelak have enough room for all of us haunters to bunk at his place?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Jim

No problem.
                  Rich has "THE HOTEL FEAR" there are plenty of spooky room's for everyone. :lol:
                  And for the unruly guest they can stay at the "ASYLUM" :wink:
                  Gary
                  Midnight Evil Productions
                  www.MidnightEvil.com
                  Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                  www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Asylum? Maybe that is what I have here? No. Others hear the voices too.
                    They are not just in my head.
                    It makes life interesting though.
                    If only they would whisper those next week's winning Lotto numbers to me.........
                    "Ring! Illinois State Lotto."
                    "Hello, , yes, I'm going to be out of town next week and won't be able to check on the winning numbers, could you tell me what they are going to be?"
                    "Click."
                    "Hello?"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i think larry is on to something...i think we should the transworld show out of chicago....and into a non union town....someplace where you dont have to pay through the nose to do business, and in order to get things done in a timely manner you wont have to grease the pockets of some union shop jock...unfortunately you have to be at transworld to pretty much make it in this business so it is a necessary evil at this point...i will add that we do better pound for pound at the smaller tradeshows like MHC...and we dont have to clear out our bank accounts, take out 5 new mortgages, rob 3 quicky marts, and mug an old man to have enough money to go to them....i am just kidding about the old man....we usually target old women, they are much easier targets...lol...
                      with that said, i hope everyone out there has a merry christmas, a happy new year, safe travels and great and prosperous upcoming year in this industry...long live the haunted attraction business....

todd poole

Comment

Hey Todd, I'm hoping to be able to go to MWHC next year. Some things are going to have to fall into place in order for me to be able to get away then, but after checking out their seminar lineup and the low cost for attendance, I'd be a fool not to make it if I can! They've got an awesome thing going over at MWHC!

In the mean time, I've already booked my room for TW and I'm looking forward to seeing all the other haunters there! I'm glad I booked my room before I started to hear about the rates escalating! :shock:

Kel
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kel,

REALLY hope you can make it to the MWHC. Went last year and had a good time and learned a lot. Unfortunatly, I am booked to perform at a cty fair that weekend this year, and a different one in 2008!! After seeing all the tours and lectures and other activites that Barry has lined up, I am drooling, but I can not turn down the amount the fairs are paying me. I am going to Haunt Con this year so between Transworld and that convention, I should get my fill of haunt stuff.

ron
                          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

i will be the first to say that if you are missing MHC then you are missing out on a ton of cool stuff....the producers put on an excellent show, and they really take care of you...i hear they have a lot of new stuff lined up this year...take care and merry christmas...

todd poole

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! I sure hope it works out and I can make it! I guess we'll have to have a couple of drinks together at TW Ron, since I won't be able to have drinks with you at MWHC (or os ot MHC?) Todd will have to help me pick up the slack! :lol:

Kel
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

well i would like to help pick up the slack, however i will leave the drinking to the professionals....lol...which happens to be my partners (jason and steve)...i am a novice drinker, about four beers and the only thing i will be doing is crawling on the floor, and mutterin something about "never drinking again"...which is in fact a total lie...take care

todd poole
                                screamline studios

Comment

Working...
                                X