Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right Rich

I agree with you Rich.

The levels of membership and the pre-req's for board members is essential for the focus to be there.

Patience is also necessary by all when disagreements occur. Many times people (we all are in this group) get caught up in the moment and get irate with each other. Businesslike attitude and professionalism needs to be remembered.

Looking forward to March.
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Im curious

Which group of people are not currently seeing the haunt industry as an industry? I hear this claim quite a bit but not sure who these people are.

Comment

The new HHA website is coming folks... it is being worked on even as we speak. You will LOVE this new site. Rogues Hollow is building the site with some graphics created by Brainstorm Studios.

I can't wait to see how it turns out...but within days it should be up!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Not to start drama, because I think the association is a GREAT idea, but honestly I'm not going to lie I'm a wee bit worried the money I spend to join will be used to say... better the darkness? I understand Larry, you probley fronted alot of $$ of your own to get this started but is the membership $$ going to be used strickly to grow the association? It may seem like a dumb question but a question I'm sure alot of people are thinking, just afraid to ask..
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I would NEVER use a dime of the HHA money to fund anything person. Secondly, you are correct I am spending money out of my own pocket right now and I alot of it I might add. Thirdly, I will not be the treasurer of this association that will be announced maybe later this week.

All the HHA money will go to someone else no longer will it go to me. I will not be the President, VP, or any other exec position.

Lastly, HHA finally has a board in place. It will be announced soon!

It has really begun now...

This will be a dream full filled for me. The day when all haunted house owners can say proudly they belong to something that works for the benefit of their industry, in a positive and productive way without drama, without conflict, without the association interfering or hurting your business.

It can and will be done!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Well I have to ask

This board who appointed who? When was it voted and and who all voted. I have not recieved one call, email nothing saying who was up for nominations or anything. I can probably answer my own question by bring up all the same names thats are always brought up ( at least here anyway). I hope I am wrong but this Industry seems to be more on the line of a pyramid. Same ones get asked, same ones get interviewed same ole same ole. Its like I am in the HHA, I am in the HVA I am in the this that and its always the same people. I am yet to see one new name and I MEAN ONE NEW NAME. Most can see its a protected circle and that circle makes all the same decisions. Also who and when were the bylaws wrote? As members of this why were we not allowed to vote on board members? I am president of a organization and our board members were nominated and voted on by the paid members. I have not see that here. Why?

I have a second question for us who paid 50.00 last year where is that money now and what has it went for. Will we recieve a break down on how many joined, where the money is, where the money went? I myself have been in the Haunt Industry for 15 years. I kept out of all the Industry stuff by my choosing. I have friends who has been in it as long as me if not longer than me. Not once have I ever seen their names mentioned here. It just gets old. Not to offend but with change and orginization also comes new names, ideas, ect. Shane and its I got more questions Shane this time!
              sigpic

Comment

Recesssion Proof Doubt

Larry loved you piece on the news!!
                The only issue (read your fortune haunters) I have with the whole thing is they will play this back when it hits October 2009.
                The 2008 season saw vast entertainment increases but my gut feeling is to all haunters is to hold on to your money in 2009 because the day of downturn is coming for the haunt industry...

Mark this date and keep close eyes on you wallet..

Comment

Slain,

First to you... thanks for your comments! I know things might get worse with the collapse of the upcoming 'ARM' loans but I really believe that while some industries really bit the dust others will thrive especially our industry. I'm glad to hear you had a great year! Good for you!

Shane,

Larry this time... LOL

All good questions and I can only tell you I'm turning over the lists to HHA's new director of fullfillment. No your $50.00 wasn't for nothing... you will get your full 4 magazines. Secondly you will recieve a FULL $50.00 discount to join the real HHA in March. I have spent more than I have collected on a variety of different things and EVERYTHING will be accounted for I can assure you. Currently I'm paying for the new HHA webite, templates, logos, the banner which will be used for the tradeshow, blah, blah. blah.

There will be a full accounting I promise you. Just be happy that a real association for professional haunted house owners which yes includes Mr. Shane is here, to offer Shane and all the other haunt owners of the world something that will continue to build the industry in a positive way!

Shane I personally hope you embrace this new organization and offer YOUR help. I think your help could be very valuable. I hope to hear that you will offer it.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

I'm glad to be a founding member of the HHA (or that's what it says on my card) and can't wait until the meeting during TW! So excited! -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Larry?

Larry,

I sent you a private message, and was wondering if I may talk with you sometime VIA phone?
                      I don't fully understand a few things about the HHA and would like to have you clarify them for me.
                      If you rather not then that's ok, I just won't worry about it then.
                      If you are willing, then e-mail me a good time and hopefully it will work for me too.

Jim @ Colwood Ent.

Comment

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. But you still did not fully answer my question. Who was nominated, when was it voted on. who voted on it. Who wrote the bylaws. I as a paid member would want to vote and nominate officers and I have not recieved nothing. Also how long will these positions be held? 1 year?, 2,4, forever? Again I hope I was just over looked. Will we see the same names as always? Will there be new names, new ideas? Who else out there was over looked? Who nominated who? These are serious questions and I would like a serious answer. Shane and its where is the voting booth Shane this time.
                        Last edited by graystone; 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

good luck

Shane,

If you look back on this thread I asked the simple question on how long of a term the board members are in for? Never received an answer either. I thought maybe it was a stupid question as I don't fully understand this whole process. I don't get to read these post's as much as I like too because i'm so busy. Thus it's hard keeping up and takes so long too go back and read every post made.

I feel the terms should be limited or subject for re-election on a 3 year with posistions being alternated from one another. But then, who am I?

Nation wide health insurance will be extreamly hard to accomplish in my eyes.
                          Don't know if there is a carrier out there that would do this. IE. Blue Cross has Blue Cross of Michigan, Blue Cross of Ohio ect. ect... . Would have to be seperate policies. I'm not sure of this and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim @ Colwood with good luck Shane on getting your answers Shane

Comment

Allow me to try to respond here.

To many of your questions there are no complete answers because it is being created as we speak. I cannot tell you what is on page 7 if I have an empty book!

Expect inital information in a few days, and more coming in rapid succession.

Know this, ultimately this will operate as a full association just like any other, and as an active member you will be able to shape it as you would any association.

At this point suggestions about how it SHOULD operate are more useful that questions about how it DOES operate because it is just being created now, if that makes any sense.

Wait just a moment and see what it really is before you worry too much about it.
                            I feel pretty confident that all information will be reasonably complete by Transworld.

Now questions about things like term limits etc. Good Stuff! A good exercise here is to look at other associations and find what RIGHT in them and what is WRONG with them. Term limits are CRITICAL in my opinion, for example.

Thanks!
                            Ben Armstrong
                            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                            www.Fearworld.com
                            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

At least this is an answer and/or a responce.

Thank you.

Jim @ Colwood

Comment

Ben

If there is an empty book then where did the 50.00 go got last year? To me we should have paid when the HHA was in place. We paid 50.00 to a name and name only. There was no nominations, there was no voting, there is nothing. So almost a year ago many people paid 50.00 and we still have a blank book? This is no different than these so called preachers calling out to their flock that its their place to pad the pockets of the ones who come a calling!!! WHY WHY WHY! I said its coming off as a pyrmid and all those on top make the money of those on bottom!!!!!! Renewals are coming up. Where will that money go? To me no one needs to spend another dime till we have names, nominations, meetings, voting ect!!!!!

Again WHOS NOMINATED AND WHO DID THE NOMINATIONS AND WHEN DID THEY TAKE PLACE??????.

Guys for those who keep emailing me please guys post it here . Its apparent you all have the same thoughts and questions I do so post it here! Its not like your going to be booted or removed from this site ( I assume anyway)

Ben I am more and more interested in us having dinner when your in town. I got a ton of questions for you too!!!! Shane and its please give me some answers Shane this time!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X