Tent Haunts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Haunts.

Does anyone run one, what has been your experience with them and do you feel they can be successful?

I've read some stories about a few haunters that started out with tents (like Ron Doherty and Jay Anderson of Frightworld (great looking sets by the way.) But was curious what other peoples experiences have been like.

Best,
    J.

all i know is that Hollyywood Horror Nights uses them and they have some really good feedback on them.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

we did a 40x80 tent in 2000 had near record rain and 70 mph gusts. I swore I would never do it again. Last year we did a 30x60 at the county fair, and had 7 days of record rainfall and 70 mph gusts. In another 7 years or so I'll probably need another dose of humility and try it again.
      Ron and Jay do have some of the best sets I've ever seen, and they either know much more about tents, or have better luck than I do.
      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Tents can make you Tense.
        that one mag. article told about leaving the center poles loosely fastened so wind can move the thing up and down without ripping everything apart , or something like that.
        All that rain and wind maybe a haunted" Dorthy leaves Kansas in the tornado" would be more fitting?
        Or the haunted tour of the inside of a working washing machine!
        "Yes, your clothes will get wet, but it's all part of the show's experience!
        Gotta try to go with the flow, even if the flow is wind-powered and horizontal at the time.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Those are not tents, they are fabric buildings. goggle fabric buildings, these tings are cool.
          Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
          all i know is that Hollyywood Horror Nights uses them and they have some really good feedback on them.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Fabric Tents..

Took your advice and looked at the Fabric tents specifically the site below. Pretty neat, expensive in some cases but neat.

http://www.fabricstructures-usa.com/

J.

Comment

I think that Universal Orlando is using Sprung units:

http://www.sprung.com/en/index.php

Another prominent supplier is Anchor Industries:

http://www.anchorinc.com/products/in...n%20Structures

I doubt either solution is inexpensive, but some of these structures can be designed to take wind loads up to 120 MPH. Wouldn't have to worry quite so much about storms then!

Comment

"It's now up to 119 miles per/hour winds Dear!"
                "We're OK, this tent is supposed to be able to handle 120 mph winds."
                I'd be diging a hole inside the tent and pulling a sheet of plywood over it and piling some of the dirt on the plywood, just like President Regan's one cabinet member suggested we all do if nuclear war broke out banging away(while they would be deep underground in the delux bunker of course!
                ..and then somebody passed gas, adding to the wind/load the the tent took off!
                (at a mere 120 mph wind you will probably find the tent no more than 20 miles away, eventually)
                Do they test these by setting up a tent on a flat bed trailer then pulling it 120 mph with a hot rod semi?
                Could make for some interesting video!!l
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

In Nor-CAL.

Talk to Karl . (Pirates of Emerson )
                  Phantom

Comment

We use commercial canopies then cover the sides with steel. They look like morgan buildings with a canopy type roof. We have had great sucess with them. We purchased them from farmtek.com. They are a great company to work with and the canopies hold up to the weather great. I highly reccommend them. Our biggest one is a 24'x90' We have 4 others as well and they are all doing just fine. They stay up all year and the weather doesnt seem to hurt them at all.
                    Greg Allen
                    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Are those farmtek structures expensive to buy and install?

Allan

Comment

Scair Tents..

Anyone ever use a Scair Tent, I hear their Chamber tent is good?

J.

Comment

The farmtek structures arent badly priced. They are easy to install. If you are coming to Transworld in March you can see our setup. We are on the Friday nite tour in Columbia Mo. I like our structures and the way they work for us. They have stood up to MAJOR wind storms and 17" of snow and ice. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to answer any questions you have.
                          Greg Allen
                          scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Working...
                          X