Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHA Update: the interim board

"To Protect and Promote the Haunted House Industry"

That's not just a slogan; it is a commitment from the veteran haunted attraction owners from all across America who are dedicating their time and energy into the creation and future success of The Haunted House Association.

This is not "Larry's association,” this is not about choosing sides, and this is not about ego.

This is a fellowship of experienced, passionate, and professional haunted attraction owners working together to protect and promote the future of the haunted attraction industry and all of it’s hard working owners and operators.

This is the goal of the Haunted House Association.

This is the reason - the only reason - why the following haunted attraction owners have agreed to donate their time, resources, and experience into the development of this professional organization.

This is not about division, this is about unity.

Haunted attraction owners can take comfort in the knowledge that this is going to be YOUR organization, and it should serve your needs and protect your interests. We fully encourage your feedback, your questions, your suggestions, and your criticisms.

Bylaws will be written, protocols will be developed, and regular reports will be issued.

Elections will be held, votes will be cast, and haunted house owners will soon have the opportunity to help shape the very future and perception of our industry . While we encourage anyone with an active interest or role in the industry to join HHA, only experienced haunted attraction owners will be permitted to serve as officers or board members.

To put it simply, any board member or officer who decides the direction of the HHA - or is empowered to represent HHA in dealings with the media, Transworld, IAAPA, etc ... must own and operate their own haunted attraction.

This is the Haunted House Association, a proud "official" organization and sponsor of Transworld's 2009 Haunt & Attractions Show ( http://www.hauntshow.com/sponsors ) ... and these are the haunters who have pledged to protect and promote the haunted attraction industry.

Ben Armstrong (Netherworld)

Wayne Barneschi (Trail of Terror)

Randy Bates (Bates Motel)

Allan Bennett (Bennett's Curse)

Tim Dunne (Fright Kingdom)

Peter M. Karlowicz (Niles Haunted House)

Mike Jubie (Headless Horseman Hayrides)

Larry Kirchner (The Darkness)

Eric Lowther (Haunted Overload)

Dwayne Sanburn (13th Gate)

Scott Simmons (The ScareHouse)

Tony Wohlgemuth (Spookywoods)

Speaking personally now, I hope that this announcement will generate excitement and enthusiasm within the industry that generates such passion from all of us ... but I know that it will also instill some surprise, some criticism, and some heated debates. I welcome it, but with the hope that we can debate the concerns and issues that we may have while still maintaining a healthy respect for each other.

This is not about destroying or dismissing the energy and efforts of other haunters or associations – this is about the creation of an organization that is driven and represented strictly by haunted attraction owners, with a goal of better promoting and protecting our part of the 7 billion dollar Halloween industry.
    Last edited by UndeadProd; 12-18-2008, 09:10 AM. Reason: typo
    Scott Simmons
    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Welcome

Scott,

May I take a moment as the founder of the HHVA (Halloween Haunt Vendors Association) to formally welcome the HHA to the Haunted Attraction industry.
    If there is anything we can do to assist you we would be happy to help.

And if there is anything I can personally do to help please let me know. I have learned alot over the past year about working to build an association like this. It has been a real struggle and a great learning experience.

We should grow together with our budding organizations.

There will be lots of struggles ahead but obstacles tend to make you stronger.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

Congratulations! THANK YOU for the information!!! I like the sentiment of your post and look forward to being a member.

Comment

Awesome stuff... Even though not one meeting has been held, or one report released... I'm proud to be a member! Thanks Scott for the update! -Tyler

PS: Any info as to who is what?
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thank you Kevin!

It was in part your group and its organization that gave the final push!
          It is going to be a very busy few months leading up to Transworld.

All of you who supported this organization from the start will be recognized - your initial support and patience is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Ben
            Sincerely thank you very much.
            that means alot.

Very busy time for us to. We have everything in place ready to be marketed as soon as the website is finished.

We will also have a booth at the www.hauntshow.com for buyers and vendors to come by and hang out.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

To answer your question -

Only one officer on this interm board has been appointed -

Dwayne Sanburm of the 13th Gate will be the Treasurer. This is such a critical position we felt it had to get rolling ASAP.

We are functioning well in an informal way at the moment - so we decided to keep it that way for now.

Now Larry and I have been talking a lot about the HHA on the forums in the past few weeks but...

Scott Simmons from the Scarehouse is going to be our official spokesman so we will back away from this at the moment, and let him do most of the talking.

We will need to work a bit to firm up things...don't want to be giving answers to questions before they are complete. We will try, but you must realize a great deal remains to be determined.

Please give us you views however - now is the time!

Thanks!
              Ben Armstrong
              NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
              www.Fearworld.com
              www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Ben,

Thanks for the clairification... Again, anything you guys need us to do we are more than willing to help! Thanks again. -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Scott said: "This is not about destroying or dismissing the energy and efforts of other haunters or associations – this is about the creation of an organization that is driven and represented strictly by haunted attraction owners, with a goal of better promoting and protecting our part of the 7 billion dollar Halloween industry."

Scott, I appreciate these well spoken (written) words! I'm looking forward to being a member of both IAHA and HHA and I'm looking forward to seeing the industry as a whole reach new heights together.

Thanks Ben, Larry and Scott for the update on the status of HHA!

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Congrats!!!

Congrats guys to making it now official!!! Looks like you have a very respectable interim board, I have no doubt great things will come out of the HHA.

I also believe all three organizations HHA, HHVA, & IAHA are needed and can work together. Now finally pro haunts, vendors and home haunters, and all of the rest of the passionate haunters out there have a home and can have a voice to better the industry, keep things safe and have a heck of a lot of fun doing it!!!

Regards,
                    Jeff Londos
                    Monster-Tronics
                    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                    www.Monster-Tronics.com
                    See us in St. Louis at TransWorld’s National Haunt & Attractions
                    Show, booth 714, March 27th -29th 2009
                    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                    www.halloweenhauntvendors.com
                    www.youtube.com/MonsterTronics
                    Last edited by Monster-Tronics; 12-21-2008, 08:19 AM.
                    Regards,
                    Jeff Londos
                    Monster-Tronics
                    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                    www.Monster-Tronics.com
                    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Great news! This ball seems to be rolling and I'm glad to be on board as a member!
                      Coming together as one industry and not tearing each other apart is the key!

Kirk
                      Kirk Boemmel
                      Dark Ghost Manor
                      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

I agree that the vendor association and the new HHA which is for the professional industry should work closely together. We have many of the same goals and agendas especially in relation to education, tradeshows, and more.

In fact HHA could help the vendors learn more about what we want vendors to build, give you stats on how many attractions are mansions oppossed to how many are say asylums, or midevil or whatever.

There are a lot of thigns we can work together on. I just hope these two profesional organizations can find some harmony and drive towards some end game goals!

At the end of the day it is very important that everyone get on the same page.

Hauntworld.com plans to be a MAJOR supporter of HHA, and will devote pages within its magazine EXCLUSIVE to HHA. Additionally we'd be happy to print any vendor association news and updates. Hauntworld magazine will also run FREE ads for HHA, any of their events, activities and or anything they see fit they need marketing. Hauntworld is onboard with this group.

HHA will also have the full support of Tourist Parks and Attractions Magazine as their exclusive haunted attraction association.

Transworld also support the HHA and has listed this new organization on their website wtih our logo. Things are moving right along. Before to long we will contact other associations such as IAAPA and others to let them know that HHA now is the official organization that will reprsent professional haunted house owners and operators.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

How do you know you are a part of a real industry? When you have a boat load of similar acronyms to keep straight in your head . HHVA, IAHA and HHA ... That sure is a heap of associatin'! One of the groups need to consider changing their name to something without an "H" or an "A". Maybe one group could become "The Sultans of Spook Shows"? The SSS. The triple S! S3? Members could greet one another with a long "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" sound. It would make intoxicated industry conversations flow better, without all the awkward pauses while you piece all the "H"s and "A" together in your head to express the association you are referring to.

Just a thought to foster better communication within the industry.
                          sigpic
                          Louis Brown
                          Owner, operator, and dish washer
                          at
                          DarkWood Manor

Comment

I see a lot of familiar names here but nobody from Sudden Impact, Knotts, Universal Studios, Six Flags or the other major players. Just curious as to whether they were not interested or just not included. Seems odd not to have them participating if the goal is to promote haunting as a major industry.

Comment

Maybe they are too busy still counting the money from last October to be bothered to do anything else?
                              Nice problem to have.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X