No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie Halloween 2... did you hear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Zombie Halloween 2... did you hear?

Rob Zombie the guy who vowed to be one and done on Halloween has stepped back in the director chair and he's getting ready to start filming Halloween 2 with our main man Wayne Toth. They are shooting in March and the movie will be out in theatres in October I guess. So that is on the slate for this October.

I really liked the first one so I'm looking forward to another one. I think this kind of movie only helps haunts gets people in the mood!

Go get them Wayne!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

The other Rumor thats floating around is that The famous White Mask WONT be used in this movie....Lets hope its not another Season of the Witch
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I wouldn't say I hated the first one as much as the horror critics but then again I never saw the theatrical version which had more of the "white trash" scenes that Zombie seems so fond of. I think Zombie is a competent and promising director but when he writes his own stuff he always includes the hillbilly white trash characters to it and for me that just ruins it. If his Halloween had featured more of the night Myers came home and a lot less of his trailer trash family then I think It could have been a great film but instead its just a mediocre film. I really hope he gets it right for the sequel.
      Christopher Brielmaier
      Rogues Hollow Productions
      www.RoguesHollow.com
      www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
      info@rogueshollow.com
      PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

Nightmare On Elm Street ~ Remake ~

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

A re-imagining of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, Billy Bob Thornton as - Freddy (rumored)
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com
        "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
        http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

~ Attack Of The Killer Remakes ~

Smell that? It’s the decay of original ideas.

Like zombies rising from the dank, maggot-fertile earth, a horde of hungry horror film remakes is now shambling awkwardly toward your local multiplex. Rob Zombie slayed $58 million worth of audiences with his resurrected “Halloween” last fall, and a slew of horror movie redos have risen up and are butchering their way through development.

“Prom Night,” is one the latest remakes to stir from its slumber. But right now theaters are gearing up for an updated version of “Friday the 13th,” “The Last House on the Left,” “The Birds,” “Near Dark,” “Hellraiser,” “Piranha,” “My Bloody Valentine” (in 3-D!), “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” “The Crazies” and
          ( MY FAVORITE )“Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!”

“The executive mind-set of most studios is that they feel much more comfortable with pre-defined material,” says Joe Cardone, who penned “Prom Night” as well as scripts for upcoming remakes of “The Stepfather” and “See No Evil.” “Our approach is that we try to find some really interesting hook that I can play with that’s relatively fresh within the confines of the cliché.“

These remakes have preexisting brand recognition, relatively low budgets and a reliable youthful audience for the studio to bank on. And even if the work is less than gratifying, the writer-filmmaker benefits from the greater likelihood that these lower-risk scripts will be greenlighted as well as from the income provided by an ever-regenerating genre. (And look at “The Ruins,” an original premise that opened to disappointing box office.)

The reheated nature of the material can appeal to the audience as well, according to Stanford University communication professor Clifford Ness. “What we really want when we go to a horror movie is a visceral, emotional experience,” says Ness. “And the more you have to think, and figure out what the plot is, the less you can just feel the emotion. So the idea is that when you have a familiar scenario, then you don’t have to think so hard and you can just feel the terror.”

Terror was certainly the feeling jackknifing through my ribcage when Michael Bay announced his unholy remake of “Rosemary’s Baby,” which, if there is a God, should finally and definitively lock in his eternal damnation.

All I can say is: Hollywood seemingly goes through the horror section of a video store to find films they can exploit for a quick profit.
          "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
          www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Prom Night was the WORST and I mean WORST horror remake in history of film. Please never mention that film again on this forum ... LOL

Chris, its funny you mention the 'White Trash' scenes, because I told Wayne I hated those myself. They add nothing to the film and in my opinion detract from the film. Remove the white trash scenes and add more character development.

Zombies remake I thought was pretty good if you like the killer... it was NOT as good as the original but better than all of those other spinoffs they kept making.

I liked the remake but like Chris did NOT like the white trash stuff.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'd be surprised if Zombie did not include the white trash stuff, that's all he seems focused on and it is "played out". I agree the Myers character, as an adult with the white mask was cool, the rest sucked especially the little boy stuff. These slasher movies are about mindless killings, that's all we should expect from them let's leave it at that.

Wow they are remaking Nightmare on Elmstreet and Rosemary's Baby? I hope they don't do the Exorcist.....

Allan

Comment

Yes I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Rob Zombies music and all his movies. I'll be looking forward to H2
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
                  Yes I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Rob Zombies music and all his movies. I'll be looking forward to H2
                  Same here!
                  Brad Bowen
                  Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I don't care what he does to the sequel, as long as he puts Danielle Harris in it!

Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 12-19-2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Halloween 2

Tyler Mayne was a guest at Atrox on one of our horror celebrity weekends 2007. Before he left he had told our crew that the remake was going to happen and he signed on as Micheal for the sequel...
                      [B]You can never out do an original though.....[/B]

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                      Rob Zombie the guy who vowed to be one and done on Halloween has stepped back in the director chair and he's getting ready to start filming Halloween 2 with our main man Wayne Toth. They are shooting in March and the movie will be out in theatres in October I guess. So that is on the slate for this October.

I really liked the first one so I'm looking forward to another one. I think this kind of movie only helps haunts gets people in the mood!

Go get them Wayne!

Larry

Comment

If Rob keeps out the White Trash he always has in his movies. Totatlly make the sequel different than the 2nd Halloween original. And makes it more of slick movie like the original Halloween he will be alright. Leaving out the shapes mask would be a major mistake. If he does I will just wait for video.
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

White Trash

I personally love white trash.... it adds spice to a ever boring world, and besides where do you think all them serial killers come from ?? Beverly Hills ?? Nope... them serial killers in real life come from the "other side of town" - most of em' Art imitates life so who really wants to see Paris Hilton casted as a serial killer ?? And we have all seen those horror movies that werent to believable havrnt we....lol.... yeah keep the character mock up Ill take real dirty horror with a side of white trash....lol I love meat n potatoes - hold the greens please...lol

Malicious Studios
                          www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Hey maliciousstudios if you want to see some other movies that run to death the white trash redneck theme other than Zombie's Halloween movie, check out House of 100 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects those movies also have the exact same theme. Wait I forgot, that's because that's all Zombie can do since he's a one trick pony obviously. You want to see white trash you can see it for free why pay for it. Ted Bundy was hardly white trash and it's because of his cleaner cut image that made him so feared.....If he does another movie with the same people, including his wife enough already, and same theme, you can kiss his movie career goodbye.

Darkangel

Comment

Ive seen both 1000Corpses and Devils Rejects...( YOU LEFT ONE OUT EXCERSISTO )
                              Congrats on being scared of Ted Bundy... ( I know I wasnt ) white collar crime doesnt frighten me ( lol seriously ) I grew up on the other side of town, the side some of you didnt want to visit at night. The likes of Charles Manson and the Manson Family, Rimerez, Gasey, Gerad Parker, Son Of Sam,Emund Kemper, Ed Gein, Ian Brady, Henry Lee Lucas, Ottis Toole, Patrick Mackay, Aileen Wuornos, were all "WHITE COLLAR KILLERS HUH ? " Every horror movie out there has been based upon these killers.... We all hate to love them BUT WE DO... did they come from white trash ?? yep.... bad lives, bad environments.... they grew to become what we fear. In reality I hate serial killers, but they do feed what I love in fiction. I get carried away, I hope noone thinks Im too serious about this.... but I do say that my "opinion" is that The man is good at what he does... hes good as a muisician and he is good as a director ( afterall hes directed every single video he has ever had and wrote every single song he has had ) He has a style so do many other talents in the industry.... his talent is dirty horror.... hes not Hollywood. HES REAL... I dont know about you but I would gladly take the realness of someones movies i.e. Rob Zombie over Hollywoods glamorized regurgitated slimeball movies... but maybe if we add a few clean scenes with some explosions it might be fun for the whole family ??

Malicious Studios
                              www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X