Zombies on Ice in Chicago - Pictures Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies on Ice in Chicago - Pictures Posted

On December 14th, approximately 200 people dressed up as zombies, to participate in the first annual "Zombies on Ice" event at Millennium park in Chicago. Follow the link below to see more than 70 pictures that were taken at the gathering!

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2008zombiesonice.php
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

You know its hard enough for zombies to get around anyway! Whose brite idea was it to put ice skates on them?!!!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

I love this idea! How did you guys go about organizing this? I would love to do something in the Cleveland area!
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Comment

I never saw so many shitt-faced people on ice before!
          Not drunk, just shitt-faced!! hahahahh!
          Really fun to look at on a freezing cold stay-indoors sort of night.
          thank you Adam.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Kate,
            You may not have caught it in the article but this put on by the same group that puts on the Chicago Zombie march.

Anybody can put on a Zombie Walk really, many are for a charity of some sort and zombies are asked to get some pledges (wether it's distance they walk or how many cocktails are consummed on the way). But yes the two walks iv'e been to were just straight up contributions from freinds and family.

Many times there is a destination party at the end that do have a band playing.

But almost every zombie walk iv'e ever seen happen i would have to say the advertising went through myspace, i think i have three or four on my freinds list and thats how they got the festival out to the public. Some piggyback with other events such as a Horrorfind, a haunt convention or in this case something very unique like ice skating.

Adam,
            But as a devils advocate type of guy thats learned from his own mistakes(parades at least the wrong parades) what was the rest of the non zombie crowds reaction.

Your talking downtown Chicago at Christmas time, im sure a lot of family's did the whole shopping on Michigan Ave thing and then finished it off with ice skating, was there any bad feedback from non participants?

Was this for a charity or just for kicks?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

P.S. Tell me that was also craig from Statesville advertising their new haunt at Navy pier!

Comment

Thank Kevin! Very helpful! You go the hamster running!
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Dells View Post
                Adam,
                But as a devils advocate type of guy thats learned from his own mistakes(parades at least the wrong parades) what was the rest of the non zombie crowds reaction.

Your talking downtown Chicago at Christmas time, im sure a lot of family's did the whole shopping on Michigan Ave thing and then finished it off with ice skating, was there any bad feedback from non participants?

Was this for a charity or just for kicks?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

P.S. Tell me that was also craig from Statesville advertising their new haunt at Navy pier!
                This event was just held for the heck of it. There was some talk of getting into the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most zombies on ice at the same time, but I'm not sure such a record even exists (perhaps that is why they were talking about it. lol).

Yes, there were a lot of families with small children there and I didn't hear any negative comments. You wouldn't believe the number of people who came up to me, asking why there were zombies at the ice rink. The most common response I got was "that's cool!". In fact, throughout the night, I saw a lot of people pulling out their digital cameras to have their pictures taken with the zombies.

I think a major reason for the overwhelmingly positive response was the fact that everyone behaved themselves. None of the zombies were going out to purposely try to scare anyone or cause any trouble. Everyone just did their own thing and everyone had a great time. Even the people who worked at the rink, as well as some policemen who were there, thought it was funny and had no problem with it.
                Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

No Problems!!??

Well! We can solve that!
                  Naked Zombies On Ice! that should do it!
                  Look at those mutillations! Look at the rot in strange places! (Something to do with your personal intimate history?)
                  This could be a STD awareness exercise!
                  This could also create a whole new line of make up!
                  I even have a product name for it:"Below-The-Belt" make up.
                  "Scary" just found a new zone of uneasiness.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                    Well! We can solve that!
                    Naked Zombies On Ice! that should do it!
                    Look at those mutillations! Look at the rot in strange places! (Something to do with your personal intimate history?)
                    This could be a STD awareness exercise!
                    This could also create a whole new line of make up!
                    I even have a product name for it:"Below-The-Belt" make up.
                    "Scary" just found a new zone of uneasiness.
                    Thanks so much for that wonderful mental image. I can now go to sleep hoping I forget everything I did today.
                    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Originally posted by tchaunt View Post
                      Thanks so much for that wonderful mental image.
                      Same here. I got a really bad image in my mind from reading that. Im not gonna be able to sleep at night now.

Thanks a lot, Jim!!!!
                      Brad Bowen
                      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

When I was a kid...

A car dealer towed in an abandoned car to his place and it stayed there for quite some time. Eventually his son looked at the junk left inside that car and there was a book..that showed what only your imaginations might think to see as far as strange things such as I have just alluded to.
                        How many children have had bad dreams from all the scary stuff we do in a haunted house? Bad dreams?....then they go on to work in a haunted house ..passing on the "favor"?
                        Insert evil laugh here~
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X