Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming Here-Need Help With Ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting more than one scare or cycle of scares from the same display is fun!
    When it gets dark and the sound of the saw blades fill the air maybe an actor should go running passed everyone toward the blades, lights go out and sounds of crunching, screaming are followed by a slight spritz of water on their faces.

Sometimes having lights on allows a first scare as something moves slightly, only noticed by a few, then the larger , louder thing happens more extreme that definately scares the majority of them.
    This type of plan sort of sometimes solves the question of scaring the last half of the group after you get the lead people but still using the same item.
    This could be called "Degrees of Usage". Like a whisper then a scream.
    I love to take this all into another area of (I believe) actually scaring someone by only doing the "whisper" with no scream..then no explanation.
    Doubt is a terrible muiltiplying fever once in their brain.(Insert evil laugh here~)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I really like the second one Darkblood, its bigger, more in there face. The picture of the normal size saw blades looked like if I just stay in the middle, I won't get touched. The big spinning blades look very cool

Another idea off of this would be one of those huge executioner blades that swings back and forth slowly as it lowers, that would look really cool, espcially if you could get some good sound effects of a huge swoosh everytime it came down.

Comment

Have real and scary looking saws going at the end of a hallway then as they get real close they vanish because you turned out the light on the Pepper's Ghost illusion they were looking at.
        Keeping the saws away from being touched via Pepper they could be around the corner , maybe behind Lexon plexiglass?
        Has anyone ever had a piece of Lexon break? I never have and people have been beating on it year-round for maybe 10 years now.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey guys! Those are fantastic ideas!

Boni-I like the pendulum idea...maybe I'll use something like that somewhere (even if not in this context...hmmm...where to put a pendulum...?)

Jim-Now there's an idear! And it would be the safest...no saws in their path at all! I never even considered that!

Now that's what I like! I figured there were more ways than my two ideas to work out an idea...really gets the creative juices flowin'! Thanks!

Kirk
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

How about having some smaller saw blades that move along the walls the length of the hallway and retract as they get closed to the end where your customers will enter at. I'm thinking have some modest sized blades, maybe sticking out a couple feet from the wall, that start out on the opposite end of the hallway and retract as they get closer to your customers.

You could combine this with the pepper's ghost effect using some really huge blades, and maybe even use sound coming from different directions to make them think more saw blades are coming. And all this could give you some great opportunities for some actors. Maybe a scene with an actor jammed up in some big saw blades? Or perhaps have a big overhead saw blade spitting out blood and body parts?
            -Rob

Audio Guru
            Lighting Designer

Comment

Warning! Time to Re-Think!

Anytime, repeat, Anytime that you have an object anywhere were someone can grab or touch it , someone WILL grab it, even a spinning saw blade , because , "It can't be REAL!"
              Spinning moving parts can break, come loose, fall, hit people too.
              "Watch this, I know how they do this, they just remove the chain from the chainsaw." then the drunk grabbed it and the real blood flew, party over.
              Because the small haunt couldn't find the wrench the blade was not removed , as told to me by the insurance adjuster who handled the claim.
              Then there was the JC haunt that would chase people over a series of earthen ramps on a dirt bike, in the near-dark..now what could possibly go wrong with that? Every customer is quick, athletic, co-ordinated, paying attention to everything surrounding them, right?
              You think and re-think then carefully build it foolproof, then pray the fools don't find your place!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X