Are there any sliders out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any sliders out there?

If there are i need some advice. I was perusing the internert today and i saw some video of sliders doing what they do and i was really impressed. And i really want to try and learn how to do this, so i was wondering if you had a list of materials or things i would need to be a succesfull slider and or any tips or things that i can do to practice i would REALLY appreciate it!
    Thanks very much!
    -Dr. Giggles

Head to White Castle purchase about 4 of their jalapeno burgers -VIOLA- INSTANT SLIDERS....lmfao
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

All you need to learn how to slide is a pair of knee pads, try and find some with a smooth texture.

Just run and drop to your knees, try it out on a smooth cement surface, black top will eat away the plastic too fast. Your shoes will get ruined so wear sturdy material or only slide indoors. Some people use gloves or spark gloves, these are not necessary. The best training is to slide at a wall or object and train your body to stop on a dime.

You'll get a good work out if you practice enough, so get water and be ready to sweat.

Comment

search the forums for the other sliding threads, there have been a few.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ok, thanks everybody! And i tired Allen no clear answer it seems. But its all good i figured it out made myself some sparking gloves and using some Triple Eight kneepads. Practicing sliding on the pool deck. Its more of a work out then i thought it would be!

Comment

My friend brad does slides all night, its a coated finished floor though so its semi smooth, he uses catchers knee pads, and the knee parts have a smooth plastic on them, in fact normally his mask is a basball cap with a skull on it, the hallway is really narrow to so he can steady with his hands as well, we use a light shining in thier eyes so they dont see him coming
            hope you are young cause its a pain on your knees

Comment

Sliding

Hey, I'm a slider at King's Dominion in Doswell Virginia. I've been doing it for three years now and I have yet to find a pair of kneepads that work just like the ones we have there. I do have some suggestions though.

We slide on blacktop. It seems to work the best.

Gloves are not necessary but I like to have wrist pads. They help when doing 360's or my personal favorite, jumping over someone straight into an all four slide.

The knee pads we use have a detachable puck. They seem to work the best.

Have fun and don't expect to ever get conditioned to sliding. I'm 18 and am athletic (Soccer, Wrestling, Football) and I am still beat at the end of a night of scaring.

Comment

What about using motorcycle slid knee pads? Would they work and possibly not wear as quickly? They are expensive but that what I was figuring on trying out for the season.

Comment

It looks like they would work fine. The only advantage of having removable pucks is the fact that you can rotate them to keep the spots that you wear out the most don't wear out too fast.

Comment

Hahah i appreciate the help everyone. But i would like to point out that i got posts AFTER i made all my gear and started practicing and getting good. Hahah but i appreciate the help none the less!

Comment

I saw a slider with a block of magnesium riveted to his gloves. When he went down, he kicked up so many sparks, I seriously thought he was going to set his clothes on fire.

Scarowinds hires about a dozen sliders each year. I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds by September so I can join them...
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Working...
                      X