Creating a really SICK character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a really SICK character

OK.. so I'm sitting here recovering from a HEInous bout of the flu....I just blew my snotty nose & had a great idea for a character
    What about one who is 'really' sick to a nauseating degree?...sneezing and coughing and coughing up hairballs...
    Maybe a patient? Maybe an older character? maybe a child?
    I thought what if someone was carrying LOTS of tinted methocel and tissues as props.. maybe they are covered in slime...maybe a thermometer? What other props or gags could this character use? Pamphlets on diseases?

Has anyone done a character like this? I'd love to hear some ideas.
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

I am completely new to the haunt business, but here's my ideas for this character:

-If you have enough money, purchase one of those scent machines. Mix a few scent packets to create a horrible smell. You could mix Oak Island's Hospital, skunk, decay/compost scents. If this mixture doesn't make people realize the character is sick, may God help them.

-Maybe set up the room to make it look like the character is quarantined inside a government building. Have a path that goes along one side of the containment cell. At the end of the cell, have the path do a 180 turn and force the visitors to walk through the cell with the character.

-Maybe give the character a few warts/boils/mutations here and there. Use either green makeup on the actor's skin or use a green light to give the skin an odd color.

-For the clothes, give the character PURE white hospital-style clothes.

-Maybe have the character make a cough sound as the visitors walk by. At the same time, have "phlegm" or "blood" fly at the visitors.
    Like I said, I'm new to the haunt business. I've never been to a haunted house, nor have I worked for one. Just recently, I discovered my passion for scare acting. So I'm not sure how effective this room/character will be. I just poured out my ideas on a sick character. I hope I helped in some way.
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Oooh this sounds like a fun one..i really like it! Hmmm maybe you could walk around with those IV drips on the metal poles that are attached to wheels? You know what im talking about. Except instead of IV medication is could be full of blood. You could have Syringes sticking out of you in odd locations. You could also have someone be your doctor? Just a ssuggestion. "Stay away from her! Its SAWRS!" or you could look up symptoms for a very dangerous well known disease like the plague and try to replicate those?

Just a few suggestions

-Dr. G

Comment

LOL! Those are all great ideas!! I like the replicating symptoms ones...plague boils in the armpits & all.. Popping those boils..rashes..flesh eating viruses..
        Just the threat of getting body fluids on people is such a good gag..
        a 'gagging' gag
        I like the smell suggestion.. but you'd need a strong stomach to wear THAt for a long time
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

LOL! Those are all great ideas!! I like the replicating symptoms ones...plague boils in the armpits & all.. Popping those boils..rashes..flesh eating viruses..
          Just the threat of getting body fluids on people is such a good gag..
          a 'gagging' gag
          I like the smell suggestion.. but you'd need a strong stomach to wear THAt for a long time
          What a witty joke......a 'gagging' gag :lol:
          It would take a strong stomach. Or possibly a really bad disease for a long time so your nose becomes desensitized to the stench.

Dr. Giggles, I really liked your blood-IV bag idea. That would really add to the effect.
          ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
          Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Thanks im glad you liked it. You could plug up your nose...just dont do anything to exerting or you might inhale the plugs...its happened before. Trust me...its a REALLY lame excuse to go to the emergency room for LOL. "Sir how what happened" "Uh well...i sucked plugs into my nose...and i think they are stuck!" "Ok sir...this way"

Comment

Tapioca with just a hint of red makes for very nasty phlegm /snot
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Fake A..

sexually transmitted diesease, then reassure them that your transmitter is down.
                No current, no spark. It's dead.
                A plane hit it, those red blinking lights must have burnt out?
                Maybe it stuck up too high?
                Maybe a radio tower built out of an old erector set. sewn to the back of a suitcoat?
                Yes, I have made such strange costumes.
                Worn them.
                Rented them out.
                Stop laughing.
                It is true.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X