Would this be legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster-Tronics View Post
    To get a higher dose of EMF you could give your printer a big hug and see if you feel anything.
    I tried that once, gave my printer a big hug to see if either of us felt anything. Sadly, my printer no longer speaks to me anymore. But lately I've been having a wonderful time with the fax machine.
    -Rob

Audio Guru
    Lighting Designer

Comment

You guys are too funny!

Monsterwax, even if the degaussing coil hat didn’t work for you I’m sure you were looking stylish and that’s all that really counts.

robos99, you might want to try a TicTac.

Regards,
      Jeff Londos
      Monster-Tronics
      Innovators in Haunt Technologies
      www.Monster-Tronics.com
      See us in St. Louis at TransWorld’s National Haunt & Attractions
      Show, booth 714, March 27th -29th 2009
      Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
      www.halloweenhauntvendors.com
      www.youtube.com/MonsterTronics
      Regards,
      Jeff Londos
      Monster-Tronics
      www.Monster-Tronics.com
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Originally posted by tchaunt View Post
        @Swampboy:
        They probably justify the fear generators because they only use sounds that can't be heard. They probably feel that sound can't be dangerous. From the description on the website, that's really the only thing I see that seems to make this product 'safe'.
        I missed that post. I worked with experts in this field and as I said before, I did 3 years of research on the effectiveness and more importantly how safe infrasound is. On my website I also state that the infrasound output level is governed so you can not turn it up to levels that might damage someone’s hearing, because low freq sound can damage someone’s hearing just as easy as audible sound.

I’ve also warned people trying to make their own infrasound generators about this since 99% of the sound meters out there don’t go down that low so it is very difficult to test the output level.

99% of the stuff that is on the web about infrasonic weapons and projectile diarrhea etc… is all bull.

Regards,
        Jeff Londos
        Monster-Tronics
        www.Monster-Tronics.com
        Regards,
        Jeff Londos
        Monster-Tronics
        www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

That's a lot of replies. I'll try to not forget anyone.

@Monstertronics:
          Believe me, now that I know you worked with multiple experts, I would love to order your fear generator instead of trying to use EMFs. Sadly, I don't have a lot of money. When I did the 'safe' thing, it wasn't meant to be negative. Not being safe doesn't make something dangerous. It just means it isn't flawless. I didn't really try to bookmark your page because I felt that something that, at that time I thought hadn't been tested, could be dangerous. But by you not telling on the site (at least anywhere that I saw) that it had been tested, I wasn't willing to invest in it. Now, when I get a haunt, I would be more than happy to buy it instead of make a machine to produce mild emfs.

@robos:
          Don't worry about it. Printers are emotional lil' bi***es. Faxes are a more go-with-the-flow kind of society.

@monsterwax:
          If it makes you feel any better, my local radioshack cheated me out of my money a few years back. I was little and went in there to get some supplies for a science project. Of course, they're a business, so they want money. Well, they showed me the shiny, more expensive version of everything I needed. And you know how little kids are when it comes to the word 'shiny'.
          ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
          Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Oh, btw, monstertronics, what is that a picture of in your avatar/icon?
            When I first saw it (a few weeks back), I almost flipped my chair (it's a cheap $5 chair that weighs nothing, so a light breeze could put up a close fight with the chair). I was leaned in really close trying to see details in a small picture. I was still leaned in when I scrolled down and that face popped up right in front of my eyes. I wasn't expecting it so I jerked back, almost causing the chair to flip....with me in it. I'm sitting here laughing as I remember the event.
            ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
            Campbellsville, KY

Comment

tchaunt, no problem, I was not taking any offense, I was just trying to explain what I did with the Fear Generator. I’m very anal when it comes to safety, also not saying that EMF will not work as a haunt device, just that with my experience I believe you would need very high levels to be effective. Government studies are sometimes hard to find but they spend big bucks doing them so you may not have to, and EMF is one of those subjects that they have done a lot of research on.

Thanks, my avatar is the face of my Baby Huey siamese twin product (link below). There is also a crummy video in the gallery section that shows his stinky foot in action too. lol
              http://www.monster-tronics.com/produ...products_id=29

Good luck on your progress, it is good to think outside the box!

Regards,
              Jeff Londos
              Monster-Tronics
              www.Monster-Tronics.com
              Regards,
              Jeff Londos
              Monster-Tronics
              www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

@monstertronics:
                I didn't think you took offense, but I wanted to be safe just in case.
                And don't worry, I understand what you were saying now.

I knew I had seen it somewhere before. I just couldn't remember.

Thanks.
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

well i don't believe in the fear cage theory. I work in a coal fired powerhouse, there are hundreds of miles of energized copper wires,hundreds of miles of copper pipes, hundreds of miles of steam lines not to mention two huge generaters, and hundreds of electric motors. Plus i'm a electician and work on all these things. The point is the emf fields in that place has to be off the charts and i have never heard of the fear cage theory till I heard it on Ghost Hunters. I have never had symtoms of the fear cage and my coworkers haven't. I wouldn't spend a dime on a product that if it does work will only affect 1% of the worlds population.

Comment

How about doing a haunt called the Fear Cage, and make it a cage match...but for haunting. Put everyone in a big cage, and whoever makes it out alive wins a tshirt or something. Ok, on second thought, maybe not such a good idea.....forget the tshirt.
                    -Rob

Audio Guru
                    Lighting Designer

Comment

@roland:
                      Thanks for the information. I've pretty much decided to drop this project and just buy Monstertronic's fear generator later on.

@robos:
                      For some real fun, you could change up the rules a little. The first person to be fully covered in blood wins. :wink:
                      What fun that would be.
                      ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                      Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Working...
                      X