New Years Resolutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions?

Ok everyone we all know we make them and we break them. But out of fun I want to hear everyones resolutions for 2009.

I have only one for myself as far as the Haunt Industry goes and thats to start the Good/Bad Vendor and the Good/Bad Buyer Website. I am still working out the kinks as to the way it should be ran I just don't want someone to post something untrue on a Vendor or Buyer.

Anyway more on that later!!! Right now I want to hear from everyone on their resolutions!!!!!!Shane and its old lang zine Shane this time!!!!!
    sigpic

Speaking of that Shane wouldn't that be based on your own opinions? Some people have bad experiences with one vendor where someone else does not.

People say Scarefactory is bad but I think they do fine. People say Unit 70 is the best but you hear people say they are impossible to reach. About the only company you seem to NEVER hear bad things about either on the public boards or talking face to face in private is Distortions....From what I have heard.

Darkangel
    Last edited by Darkangel; 12-28-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I think it's time everybody got a NEW lang zine.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

A Psychic Code!

When I was a kid the Lang family lived on our block, right next to an elderly man named "Ziney" Davis!
        Ziney was old or is that auld? Both men had trouble walking, one perminently on crutches , one perminently alcoholic..
        This is too spooky so early in the morning.
        Where's my crutches, where's my booze?
        Are we having fun now?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Dark

I will explain how it works later. But no there will be a "proof system" it will kinda be like myspace so to speak. It will have a member. There they will have to show when and where they bought the product. They will be required to post invoice and anything that had to do with that order with communication ect. Like I say its one were still working out the kinks on. But right now lets post those resolutions!!!!!! Shane and its more to come later Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

So back to the reason for this thread.....

The only resolutions I have so far this year is:

1) To finally get my haunt p and running again. After taking a 2 year hyatus, it's about time to get it going again.

2) Be able to go to Transworld again, and go see the Darkness.

3) Go and buy that one car that I've always wanted.

I'll just have to be patient and see what happens this new year.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Eat healthy and get back into shape. This past october i really let myself go. (I only weigh 155) so no, i didn't pack on the weight, but i'm diffently not like i use to be. With my baby coming in June i only have 6 months to get back that six pack!
              Last edited by MMManiac; 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM.
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

There is no need for a good vendor bad vendor website because there are so very few bad vendors. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone can correct those mistakes, so that doesn't make them bad vendors. I would agree some vendors turn out to be outright deadbeats and most of those end out totally out of business.

It doesn't happen often but it does happen and when it happens we can deal with it but only after a vendor has been given a fair chance to correct the problems. I hope and wish all vendors a great Tradeshow and hope the issues that lead to these problems can be resolved in the future and hopefully through HHA. The haunted house association is the most important association and really the only one needed because buyers or in other words the haunts themselves have created the vendor market, without the haunts there are no vendors. Haunts opened without vendors, they became successful without vendors and if all vendors went away there would still be a haunt industry.

Haunts need to figure out what are the problems and inform vendors so vendors can resolve these issues. Vendors would also benefit from knowing what haunt owners want created, what types of products they might be looking to buy, what are the breakdowns in types of haunts so they can better prepare themselves for the buyers market. I think HHA can accomplish all of this for the vendor.

But a website to tell people who's naughty and nice is not needed! It sounds to me more like a witch hunt.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry.

If we did not have sites that posted the faces of sexual preditors and make them register so everyone knows them then they would continue to harm our kids and loved ones. Do you agree with that? Do you care? As far as myself goes I care very much!

Same goes for what were doing its not a witch hunt as you call it. Its a place where people can make judgement. Even heard of the Better Business Bureau? Well its very much like that. Instead of you having to post you will try to help them. Well Shane and his site is going to help them. If they are good vendors they will be proud to be on the site and have nothing to hide. I am sure it will have a ton of good vendors and rave reviews! Again they will be required to fill out a online forum with all the info they have. I am doing it very much like the BBB. And me and the site will work with the vendor so everyone will be happy. As I told Ben I have played this game in the Industry I am in and I know who, what, when, where and most importantly HOW to do it.

Just like you and the HHA it takes time but its going to be a good thing for this Industry. Look at it this way Larry by not having to get involved with a buyer/vendor issue you can focus more on HHA. Lastly I have the name bought and a copyright on it. Now enough of that back to every ones New Years Resolutions!!! Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

Unfair for one person or a handfull of people to judge who is good and who isn't... again sounds like a witch hunt!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Larry.

I respect your opinion. I assure you it will not change what I am putting into play. Hey it works for the BBB. Why don't we do this I will enbrace the HHA even though I have my doubts and I will go on what you say that its going to be a good thing. Now why don't you embrace what I am doing and give it and me a chance just as I am the HHA. Fair enough for you to do that? Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess you don't understand what I'm saying... I do NOT see a need for a website devoted to telling people who is or who isn't a good vendors. Sounds mostly negative to me... and how does that make our industry look?

Not good!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Working...
                        X