A good Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good Book?

I enjoy a good read, does anyone know any good books that will help me / give me tips on how i could improve my scare acting or anything like that? I would really appreciate it...i mean hey there is always room for improvement right? Haha

Books

So you are going to read the good book for acting instructions? Chapter one will be Adam, so take off all of your clothes, now assume the facial expressions that say to the world, "Clothes? I don't need them."
    When you get to Pharoah, how you going to do that staff into snake illusion?
    All of Egypt was just one big pyramid scheme!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

here, check this site out:

http://www.thehalloweentheatre.com/videos.html

these guys have been haunters for a long time, and now do seminars on being a haunt actor. Their preview youtube vids are full of information, so i cant even imagine how much you can learn from buying the books/ dvds. I am seriously planning to order these, as i have used the techniques from the youtube vids and its made my scares more effective than ever. definatly check it out

Comment

acting tips!

Go to the haunter acting seminars at the conventions. There the best learning source out there. Take as many classes as you can at the conventions on acting. They put you in real situations to help a monster scare better. Improv acting books are good too. They give you lots of games to play with a group to improve creativity in acting.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Scaring books

There are many good acting books out in circulation. As for scaring books, I'm sure that there is no comprehensive haunted house acting book out there. I would be weary to buy one unless you know the reputation of the haunters that wrote it too.

This is what I like to do, start researching what scared people, start with basics. For instance, do you know the actual definition of fear? How about anxiety? Go from there and see how to apply what you learn into your scaring. I've met plenty of haunt actors that are scary, but are terrible actors. The brilliant thing about haunt acting is that scaring is the most important thing.

I'm going to start posting some scare theories and techniques up as soon as I can gather my thoughts on how to explain them properly.

Comment

Wrote a thesis in high school on fear. Il just peruse through that.

Comment

Originally posted by phreakout View Post
              here, check this site out:

http://www.thehalloweentheatre.com/videos.html

these guys have been haunters for a long time, and now do seminars on being a haunt actor. Their preview youtube vids are full of information, so i cant even imagine how much you can learn from buying the books/ dvds. I am seriously planning to order these, as i have used the techniques from the youtube vids and its made my scares more effective than ever. definatly check it out
              After reading this post I checked it out and bought their e-book and cd and its great, just the kind of stuff I think your looking for... thanks for passing along the link!
              Mike Quill
              Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Yeah i bought their stuff a while ago. It is pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                X