No announcement yet.

St. Louis show????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damon your right Terror Visions was located on Washington. Larry bought them out several years ago. The last time I was by there it was a church. The area has been converted into condos and clubs. Washington has become a place to be in STL. Larry's right. The restaraunts and entertainment around the convention center are top notch. Also a cool thing to go to is the childrens Museum. Haunters will get a kick out of looking at all the recycled stuff they have turned into their museum. It's also on Washington but it's one of the things downtown that are not free. There are many things to do in STL. Come to STL and have a great time!
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Booked our rooms today!

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

By the way Steve, if you do go, I'll be tracking you down. Are you guys going to be providing any prosthethic appliances to the industry this year? Here's hoping! Thanks!

Kel

Edited to change the message to Steve, oops!
        Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 01-01-2009, 07:33 PM.
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I wish I didn't have to post this but.....

First off I'd like to say I don't care for such use of foul language to get a point across on what is supposed to be a message board for professionals. It speaks of an inadequate vocabularly to resort to it. Why its allowed, I'll never know. But what do I know.

Screamline is not attending the St. Louis show as vendors this year, but it strickly a business decision and nothing against Transworld. That is/was my understanding. It is simply too expensive for our current product line. We do plan on attending MHC and some smaller shows.

Perhaps some of our products will be represented by another vendor that is attending. We will have to see how that pans out.

Lastly, just a heads up - our website is down for maintenance right now and hopefully should be up soon. Once it is, our products will continue to be available at any time.

Thanks,
          Steve Martini
          Screamline Studios
          www.screamlinestudios.com
          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Steve,

I think you are making a mistake about not attending this years show...it takes money to make money. You can't get much cheaper than $1200 for a booth and a short drive for you. You will not find more qualified buyers in one place than this years show.

Again it takes money to make money.

I hope you change your mind.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,

I agree, and I wish it was just $1200, but with Hotels, food, entertainment, extra expenses it adds up well more than our budget can allow. I (we) will be there, just not as vendors. Like I said, it is just a business decision.

Thanks though, it's nice to be wanted. :-)
              Steve Martini
              Screamline Studios
              www.screamlinestudios.com
              steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Bbq

Larry,

I'm particularly fond of Denver myself , what's your reasons? are you a skier?

But back to my original question. It's good to hear there are a lot of dining choices close by, but what I'm looking for is a great authentic St. Louis style barbeque joint. Please tell me there's something realatively close by, any recommendations?

Our crew seems to have an affinity for barbeque, and although Denver in my opinion has got to be one of the best cities in the country, it's not really know for it gastronomical delights or good barbeque.

But then again, I'll be on the slopes in Vail tomorrow morning, I guess there has to be sacrifices in life

Chris
                Chris Stafford
                1331 Entertainment Group
                Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Larry,

Virgil Music will NOT be at TW vending.

I may be there with another vendor but we simply cannot
                  afford to gamble on an unknown.

TW would take our entire tradeshow budget with a questionable
                  return.

I'd prefer to wait things out and see what happens.

We will be at MHC, IS and a few yet-to-be-name events.
                  Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Funny

Larry......no personal attack fists down please....

Why the hell do you rip on Chicago so bad?
                    Rosemont this or Rosemont that.
                    It's TW that picks Rosemont.....Rosemont? I have lived here for 39 years and only go to Rosemont for 2 things....The TW show....and MAYBE the Allstate arena for concerts and crap.

You have been a true salesman on the whole move to St Louis.......way to go!

Larry.......have you ever had a good time here in Chicago or the surrounding areas?

Actually thought about moving a few times.....then I started to think of what Chicago does have to offer.
                    I wouldn't leave for the world!!!!
                    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Ken,

I like Chicago, but Rosemont is NOT Chicago. True?

I never liked Rosemont and I was just up there again for a Godzilla convention for my son last summer. There is nothing to do, no place to eat, its simply toll bridges and hotels. Well and it was almost always cold as hell and so windy it was unreal.

Now Chicago itself is cool I've been to several museums, I've watched a game at Wrigley, and I've seen the Bulls plays plus a Madonna concert there. I still wouldn't like a tradeshow even in Chicago unless it was flat out spring or summer...its just too damn cold up there.

But I DO LIKE CHICAGO...cool place! When they pick up Rosemont and phsyically move it to Chicago next to lots of places to eat away from those toll roads let me know. LOL

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Chris,

I've been to Denver many times that is just one awesome city! I wouldn't mind moving there its just so clean and cozy! Now I wouldn't want to open a haunt there because of the bad weather you guys get in October that must make it tough, something I wouldn't want to deal with but the city itself is awesome!

My favorite city for tradeshows is Orlando, because there is a zillion hotels, you do not have to use union labor, so many places to eat and things to do and its warm. Orlando is tops on my list.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Orlando is my favorite too!

Comment

Larry

Madonna...really...

Hangs head in disgust
                            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Hey now, we all know Larry likes to dress up like Madonna and dance around his haunt when no one is around. LOL, actually I saw Madonna back in about 1985. She was hot back then!!
                              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

BBQ, come on now

Larry,

Couldn't agree with you more on Denver, I'm originally from New York, so yes, it's easy to see that Denver is a clean city, with for the most part friendly people.

My father, who still lives in New York, always has funny things to say about Denver when he visits. Like when he goes into a convenience store and the clerk asks how his day is going, he's always like, why do you care?

But yes, the weather, although we get a lot of sunshine, can sometimes create problems.

But you forgot to answer my most important question, where are we supposed to go for the best St. Louis style BBQ?!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let us know!

Chris
                                Chris Stafford
                                1331 Entertainment Group
                                Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                                13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                                13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X