Smell Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell Tactics

I've seen a few of these smell emitters on different websites. How effective is it? an Do any of you recommend from personal use or heard of it?
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

I've never used one, but the one made by Oak Island Entertainment looks like it would be good. But the price of the scent packs is almost $100 for four packs. I think, when used the right way, you could actually use the scents to build paranoia. Example:
    This is for a zombie themed haunt
    Have an office that looks like it has been totally destroyed. Have the scent of rotting meat in the room. Make the guests expect to see a dead person or corpse. It could make it really easy to get a scare IMO.

Also, I've left you a reply on my website.
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Be sure to check out Sinister scents at http://www.dreamreapers.com/ssindex.php We've used their products in the past and I need to get more for our upcoming season. Want to have a good hook for your marketing and advertising? Promote the fact that you are assaulting all the senses including smell with SMELLORAMA! We did this and the press and media loved it!

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

We use sinister scents as well. They have some great nasty smelling stuff. Their new fans are much better than the older models they sold a year or so ago. They are great guys to work with. Good luck.

Comment

The best use of "smell" in a haunt, in my experience, was Busch Gardens, FL 2006 - The had a house themed on a hunting cabin set of fire. Or, more-so, the aftermath of a fire.

They used a smoke and burning wood smell that made your walk through complete.

Another use to set the bar would be a pirate theme and the smell of sea salt/ocean.

Comment

We use sinister scents as well. They are great for adding that final element to hit all the senses. They are top notch guys with a great product!
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I would definetely go with Sinister Scents.
              They were the first and still are the best. They only deal with Scents so they know the smell market better than anyone else.
              Jeeeeeze that is stinky stuff.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

i use just bad scent from sinister scents for bellstown.its smells like rotting flesh.great for my zombie attraction.

Comment

One more endorsement for sinister scents. My reccomendation is to have the scent of the next area before they get to it. It really helps tell set the scene.
                  Allen Hopps
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I inherited the smells with this 1880 house, like them or not?
                    "This smells like Grandma's house!" I have heard many times. Just think what they would say if I had also inherited Grandma! Grandma's last name would be "Beefjerkie"! (Is that Norwegian?)
                    Dirt , mold, dolomite rock probably make up the nasil formula.
                    My sense of smell has not been the same since I was 5 years old and fell face-first on to the tailgate of my Dad's truck..then continued on down, face-first on to the cinder covered drive way.
                    I had been hanging upside-down from his ladder rack but new jeans were made slippery back then.
                    ...and the next day was the appointment to get my picture professionally taken.
                    They had it taken. (Contracted, I guess?)
                    My nose covers my entire face and two very black eyes, sweet!
                    The tailgate never punched me again, he traded off the truck.
                    "What's that smell?"
                    "I don't know."
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Stench

Oak Island is one of our distributors. They offer a packet special.........

Oakhills.......there a few companies that offer scents.
                      We are the only one in the states that offers such a product to the entertainment industry.

Sinister Scents can scent anything from a 10x10 room to a 58,000 square foot facility.

If you have been to Disney, Universal, Paramount or a Six Flags park in the last 6 years.....chances are you are smelling something we came up with.

We offer the product and ways to use it......we can also do custom installs and many more things.

Shoot us an email at dreamreapers@hotmail.com

Yes....we are the folks behind Dream Reapers also!!
                      Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Ohhhh

Busch Gardens is also using the Sinister Scents......forgot to mention that

Comment

Ken,

Darkness will be using the scents in the coming Darkness Tour in St. Louis.

Don't forget about our little haunt... LOL

We used the scents and its funny to see peoples reactions when they smell the stuff. It really sets up a nice distraction scare for sure!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Oh ....

Larry!!!!
                            I forgot you finally came around to your senses a few years ago.

I just glanced at our customer list.......WHOA

Didn't realize how many people are using this stuff now.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
                            Sorry I have been laying low with that side of the business for the last year or so.

Ben Armstrong has been a big supporter (not athletic though) of our products
                            He did get upset when we stopped selling the oils....he had to find new cologne for the monsters!!!

I know Larry uses the scent cannons at the Darkness.
                            You can do sooooo many things with those little buggers...
                            Make a corpse have bad breath....a monster fart...burb....or just smell nasty.

One thing that I always thought would be good in a haunt are the scents......come on does a cemetery smell like fresh paint and wood? NO
                            How about a forest? fresh cut wood? Maybe but not unless its a logging town

We will be at
                            Transworld
                            MHC
                            Hauntcon
                            and i think that is it for this year.
                            We have our store set up online at www.sinisterscents.com

if you are looking to do something CRAZY.....let us know we like challenges

Comment

Working...
                            X