Haunted Attraction Product Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Attraction Product Wish List

I believe this thread was previously started by Larry or someone else, but I can't seem to find it. The following are two items I would like to see made available...

1. An easily hidden amplified speaker system with pre-recorded screams, growls, etc. Somthing that an actor can control with a button. I guess what I'm looking for is a scaled down version of the Scream Cube mad by Gore Galore. I'm not sure exactly how the Scream Cube operates though and I'm looking forward to checking it out at TW. The idea would be that the actor could trigger the device to produce a loud growl, snarl or scream while pouncing. This can increase the intensity of the scare while saving the actors vocal chords.

2. Another product I'd love to find would be a digital system that can be centrally located and controlled for providing music and sound effects throughout the attraction. It would be great to be able to go to one central location to turn on all the sound throughout the attraction. Idealy, this product would not require a computer interface.

If either of these products already exist, I'd love to hear about it! If not, I believe there would be a market for them if they could be made cost-effectively for the haunted attraction industry. I know, cost-effective is a relative term that means different things to different people.

I'd be interested in hearing what others would be seeking in new products!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Scream Cube

Kel,

You better check out the Scream Cube. It is exactly what you are asking for.
    And it has over 300 MP3 based sound effects with it.
    You just put the Pre-recorded sounds on the SD card in a card reader and select which sound files you want to use.
    It uses a rechargeble Ni cad battery as the power source, and it just straps to your chest and is only 8 inches across and 3 inches deep so it is easily hidden under costuming.
    And it runs 18 watts at 90 decibles.

And if you want I can send you one to test out if you will just pay the shipping. Just return it after you check it out.
    Just contact me off list.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kel,

Oak Island offers this product:

http://www.oakislandproductions.com/...ts.php?pid=435
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Scream Cube.

And here I thought scream cube meant what you hear when you commando an ice cube down the back of someone's pants.
        The product sounds pretty neat.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Kel, Look in the Scream Cube

Hi Kel,

I produce a Haunted Hayride and deal with everything outdoors. I was a little skeptical about the scream cube but I have to say It is VERY LOUD and has a easy to use trigger system. I ended up using it late into our season (my choice, NOT due to late delivery) and wish that I had used it earlier.

This is a great product that is very easy to use.

Great product Kevin.

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
          Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Kevin, I didn't realize the scream cube was that small and able to be concealed. That's awesome!

Kel

P.S. I'd like to see what everyone else's product wish list consists of...
            Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 01-01-2009, 01:37 PM.
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Kel,
              One more huge endorsement for the scream cube from me. I used it this season in several costumes and the effect was excellent. It really ups the ante on the disbelief when monsters sound like monsters. You can also have totally custom audio from the cube by making your own sounds. record them onto an SD card and then they synch up to the push buttons. It also has nine different messages it can play so thats a bonus.
              Allen Hopps
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen! I appreciate the feedback!

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Allen,
                  Give me a call.812-622-0088 next week.
                  I can't find your # or email for that matter.
                  I sent you a scream cube late in the season and didn't hear back from you. Don't know if you got to put it to use or not.

Dan,
                  I am so happy to hear you had good luck with the scream cube.

Mindwerx.
                  That is something completely different but cool.
                  However you can't wear it unless you like tripping over wires and powercords.
                  But still same idea of triggerable sounds.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I want MORE HIGH END COSTUMES! HEAD TO TOE COSTUMES... make them and I will buy them. I'm not talking about costumes that are hard for hte actors to wear I'm talking about simple basic costumes that actors can run in, jump right in them and go... scary stuff that makes my actors look like they can appear in a Hollywood movie.

Watch the Mummy movies see all those actors in mummy costumes... something you can easily wear and scare people in...that is what I'm looking for. I'm not really interested in more animations, or props JUST COSTUMES!

NOTICE TO ANY VENDOR WHO MAKES COSTUMES... I will bring a BIG check book for the vendor who brings HOLLYWOOD STYLE COSTUMES THAT LAST FOR MY ACTORS!

Sick of animations... I will not buy anymore.

Don't need anymore props... I will not buy anymore not this year.

Don't need fog machines, blah, blah... I NEED COSTUMES!

I wil spend $20 no make that $30,000.00 if someone vendor shows up with HOLLYWOOD QUALITY costumes for my actors to wear... mummies, zombies, monsters, demons, grave diggers, army zombies, you name it and we want it.

AGAIN WILL NOT BUY ANY ANIMATIONS not this year...don't need anymore. If we buy any animations that better be something KICKASS COOL OTHERWiSE NO CHECKS FROM US!

COSTUMES!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, my wife heads up our costume department and she agree whole heartedly with you. She wants great quality costumes and doesnt mind paying for them. You hit the nail on the head. Most vendors offer the same crap you can buy at Walmart. They dont last and they dont look good. They dont work for the haunt industry. Every year we have to spend hours and hours making our own costumes whitch makes them original but time consuming. Thats something the haunt industry is lacking in her opinion also. The easy quick put on and go costume.
                      Greg Allen
                      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Larry if you send me that check for 30k I'll build ya some costumes. Have you seen my authentic HOLLYWOOD style burlap sack costumes? They'll knock your socks off.

But seriously..I'm not too familiar with costuming in hollywood, but you said you want costumes that will stand up to the abuse...don't hollywood costumes typically not stand up to abuse? I thought that was one reason why they have so many identical costumes. And you gave the mummy costumes as an example...don't costumes and makeup like that takes hours to get into? Not exactly just slip in and go. I'm not trying to pick apart your post, just trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with the costumes out there, and what people are looking for.
                        -Rob

Audio Guru
                        Lighting Designer

Comment

I think Larry's looking for more costumes like the ones that Spookywoods offers. You can check them out at http://spookywoodsfx.com/products-spookywoodsfx.html I'm sooooo hoping we have it in the budget to add one or two of these for the fall season this year! I guess a lot will depend on how well our spring break event goes.

Kel
                          sigpic
                          Kelly Allen
                          www.RaycliffManor.com
                          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I do agree with you all that costumes are needed. Even though I don't have a haunt yet, I have been looking around. I have found a few good costumes/costume providers. But there isn't a wide range of high-quality and durable costumes. Even as a newbie to the industry, I would love more high-quality costumes.
                            Last edited by tchaunt; 01-09-2009, 03:15 PM.
                            ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                            Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Larry not buying props or animations? That will be the day!!! It' just too temping! LOL

Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X