Moveable walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moveable walls

I need an ideas for movable walls. they only need to be like 4 ft high and I want them to be switched manually. I am on a very low budget and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. I have two paths that intersect and I need to block one off but then sometimes I need to block the other one off. Any ideas would be great and it doesn't not have to be fancy as long as it works.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

What is your theme, this kind of situation could be done with set dressing as oppossed to walls. Iif you are asylum or hospital themed then a messy patient on a wheeled gurney would work great, See where Im going?
    Allen Hopps
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Well depending on your layout, I think the easiest way would be to have a hinged panel, and have an actor move it into place at the right times. Think of your panel like a door.

Another way would be to use pocket doors like they use for homes. But these might be a bit pricier. You could probably even build a door that will either slide like a pocket door, or on an overhead track. This could even be powered by hydraulics if you really wanted make it fancy.

One concern though might be with the fire marshall. I think they tend to frown on actual mazes, and something like this might be considered a trap door. Although I think it would be pretty cool to do, they might not like the fact that there isn't a single linear path to the nearest exit. You may want to check with the fire marshall first.
      -Rob

Audio Guru
      Lighting Designer

Comment

Working...
      X