Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic music

Hey gang,

I'm looking for some epic type music, anything with chant and choirs and something right out of an epic movie. I have a lot of movie soundtracks already, like LOTR, Braveheart, etc. but if anyone knows of anything like this please share!

Thanks a lot

1st though that poped into my mind is Midnight Syndicate. If that does not work, try a 1990's era group called Enigma. They had a cd witha whole bunch of that stuff. A few titles I recall: Sadness, Priciples of Lust, Mea Cupula....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Did a quick internet seach and found a site www.enigmamusic.com Looks like they are still making music. Anyway, the CD I was referring to by Enigma, is titled MCMXC a.D.
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Check out Carmina Burana composed by Carl Orff http://www.amazon.com/Orff-Carmina-B...e=UTF8&s=music
        It is great epic stuff. Odds are you have heard it used in movies without realizing it.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

xxxdirk,
          Funny, as soon as I read MDKing's post I thought ENIGMA!
          Great minds think alike?
          I have the LSD: The Greatest Hits...awesome album!
          For a dark tone (other than Midnight Syndicate) I like Bram Stoker's Dracula Soundtrack...but I'm a vampire buff...gothic, eerie, has an epic feel in parts...

Kirk :twisted:
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

NO! You want the Van Helsing soundtrack from Alan Silvestri! This is exactly what you want. -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

What about the song they play on Star Wars - Phantom Menace and also on Revenge of the Sith? The better version is played on Revenge of the Sith when Mace Windu dies. This is great stuff!!

Comment

Sounds like you're looking for "O Fortuna" by Carl Orff. That's that rousing piece used in Excaliber.

Comment

Thanks everyone great suggestions. I have all the Enigma stuff, it's good but a lot of it sounds more Central and South American tribal to me. I'd love to hear some music that would sound appropriate in an ancient or medieval castle or cathedral setting! I just listened to some Carl Orff, fantastic!!!

I'll have to look into the Van Helsing soundtrack as well. Any others?

Thanks again,
                  Allan

Comment

The soundtrack for Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula is pretty intense; the soundtrack for the original The Omen, as well. Both have sweeping, epic qualities.

The soundtrack for Hellraiser 2? Fuggetaboutit. It's so good, Danny Elfman ripped it off for Spiderman 2 (!).
                    WEB : PRINT : LOGO : ART

Comment

Sorry to disagree. My wife, Jessica is a big Danny Elfman fan and she says Danny doesn't speak to Sam Raimi because Sam wanted Danny to make it sound "close" to the Hellraiser soundtrack..he tried they said it wasnt good enough and he said can't do it any closer without copyright problems. They hired Christopher Young (who composed the Hellraiser 2 score) to come give it a try and he couldn't get it as good as they wanted either so they bought the score to use it in the film. Thats the very very very very paraphrased version of it but all told Danny's comments on Raimi are that "a pod must have been used on him as he is a person he has never met before and is sad to lose him as a friend."
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'll have to try the Dracula soundtrack too, I remember that souning great. The original Omen also had some creepy chorus songs of doom too, didn't know that it wouls still be available or not in stores.....

Thanks,
                        Allan

Comment

Music

I agree with lurker...Carmina is what came to mind with me as well. You can also find it on the soundtrack to the "Doors" movie by Oliver Stone.

Comment

Miranda Sex Garden may prove of interest.

http://www.myspace.com/mirandasexgarden and take a listen to Haunted Palace.

Their first CD Madras is composed entirely of 16th century busking done a capella.

One song on their latest CD which would be perfect for a castle is called "Make it stop, please".

The latest CD is expensive, 38 but I do think worth it.

Allen, if you want to hear that one song, call me phone number or contact me, will play it over the phone, let me know what you think. It is most interesting, to say the least
                            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X