Where will transworld be in 2010 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will transworld be in 2010 ??

Just curious if anyone has any predictions on what state Transworld will be held in next year?? Chicago, Vegas, St. Louis, --> whats next ??
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Chicago

Chicago... yes.
    www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
    [Google+] [YouTube]
    [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Are you talking about the retail show or the haunt show. I will tell you and this is just my opinion that they will move the retail show back to Chicago but at this point I think that would be a mistake now that Rubies has taken a position against them. If they stay on the west coast they have a west coast show and they can claim that and could get Rubies back.

If they go back to the midwest they are in direct sights of Houston. Are you really going back to Chicago and move the show into January to complete with Houston... that was one of the selling points to Houston was that it was warmer.

Back in Vegas last year all I heard from all the retail vendors was 'NOT F*CKING way am I going to Chicago in January'.

I think they should stay in Vegas. Just my two cents.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

gut feeling

Just a gut feeling here, back in Chicago and combined with the Halloween show again.

Chris
        Chris Stafford
        1331 Entertainment Group
        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Hey Larry,

Could St Louis handle both the HauntShow and the Halloween show at the same time? Maybe Transworld could do that in 2010. Or do they want the Halloween show to be earlier?

Comment

Yes St. Louis can handle both shows combined. And I think even the retail vendors and buyers would like St. Louis over Chicago and Transworld could save a lot of money by taking the whole entire convention center.

St. Louis' convention center is half the price of Rosemont.

With Transworld retail show being a bit smaller now yeah I could see them both going into the America Center but do we as an industry really want that again.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I say bring them both together in St Louis and if Rubies doesn't like it they can skip it as long as everyone else comes. But this time around it should be the Haunt show as the main show, as opposed to what it has always been, the haunt show was secondary.
              The Halloween MAIN show can be the one in Houston or wherever! The Halloween vendors can bring product they sell that was designed for haunters already, and have catalogs for their novelty Halloween stuff for those that want info on that for their shops. There are a couple Halloween vendors that make some decent things and have a cross over market to haunters, they can focus on the haunt market when at our show....

Allan

Comment

What exactly is the problem with the haunt show being separate? I would view this as a good thing. Then the priority is on the haunt show, it's all about the haunt show. And it gives the haunt show opportunity to expand. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, I've never been to TW, and haven't been involved in this industry long enough. But it seems like having it separate is only a good thing. And I seem to recall there only being complaints about the time when it was combined.
                -Rob

Audio Guru
                Lighting Designer

Comment

True, but if you look at previous Tansworlds the haunt show itself is really a one day affair. You can see it all and talk to vendors and buy in one day. There just wasn't enough haunt only vendors in the past to command a whole show. it sounds like there are new vendors going to this show so maybe it can be done but in the past, no way. My previous post stated that Halloween vendors that still did business with Haunters, would be a great addition to the haunt show with the HAUNT side of things being their focus, not Halloween so much....

Allan
                  Last edited by MDKing; 01-05-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Cozumel, Mexico... May as well make it worth the hassle.
                    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
                    -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I prefer them to be seperated and the haunt show expanded to being the Halloween Attraction Show with more focus on attractions running in October and maybe even expand it to Christmas Attractions.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

I just want it to settle in one spot and stay there. We have new vendors going for two reasons 1. because its in a different spot and has worked out to be closer to a new set of vendors 2. Larry has been pushing this show like my neighbors kid pushes crappy school fund raiser merchandise.

the test will be to see if the new vendors stick around for a few years or if they drop off. I liked the show in chicago because thats where its always been, In chicago I knew where to eat, I knew where to park for free, I knew who would be in which hotel bar at what time. There is a comfort with familiarity. I hope the haunt show finds a home and settles in.
                        I really do not like the trashing of other good shows going on just to support transworld (who in my opinion has had a screw haunters attitude in the past. I go to as many shows as I can afford to go to. And I go to each show with different reasons for attending. It is quite probable that more gets sold at Transworlds show, but it dose not hurt that alot of the attendees at transworld saw company owners speak at Hauntcon or sat next to one of their exhibitors on the bus to the MHC haunt tours.
                        If the new home of Transworlds hauntshow is St. Louis then so be it, but I hope it stays put for a few years after this mess.
                        Allen Hopps
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                        X