anyone else a bit offended by this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else a bit offended by this?

Maybe I am just getting old, ( I turn 45 FRiday) but does the release of the Santa Chrstmas Slasher movie being released Christmas Day bother anyone. I mean, can't we just enjoy the spirit of the holiday without seeing people getting killed? This kind of stuff never showed up when I was a kid and I miss those innocent days....Sorry, had to vent
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Hey Ron! Happy early Birthday! My birthday was this past Sunday. I should have known you were a fellow Sagitarrian! :wink:

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

NO not really...first off this movie is a remake. This movie started all the slasher films it proceded Halloween, Jason all of them. Its a movie they've wanted to remake forever, especially when John Carpenter says it was his inspiration for the Halloween movie.

If I was going to release this movie I think I would also release around Christmas time as well. Horror fans want to see their horror movies year around not just during October. In the past all horror movies got released in late September and October, now they release them 12 months a year.

What is really offensive is Disney making these HORRIBLE Santa Clause movies just to make a buck...they suck hard, they don't even allow them to be reviewed because they suck so bad and they just sucker kids into making their parents take them. That to me is offensive using Santa to making a buck off Holiday cheer! Damn you Disney!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sagi-rippen and tearing?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think it's fine to release on Christmas. Why not? If I remember correctly, when the original Black Christmas came out people actually picketed movie theatres in protest. Some theatres even stopped showing the film. I know there were religious leaders calling for an over all ban on the movie. Give me a break! It's just a movie.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          Deadly Intentions Haunted House
          www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor
            Hey Ron! Happy early Birthday! My birthday was this past Sunday. I should have known you were a fellow Sagitarrian! :wink:

Kel
            And my first grandchild's birthday is going to be in just a few hours...my daughter is 7 centimeters....HOORAY!!!!

Although I belive in Christ and the whole meaning behind Christmas, I don't really feel there is any harm in showing this movie on Christmas. The reason being everything has become so commercialized. It's no longer a day to celebrate his birth, but rather what I can give to someone and what I will be receiving. And for this reason, I am such a "BAH HUMBUG!"

Comment

The movie has to shown on Christmas break because then the kids home from college(to celebrate Christmas) will have 90 minutes less to be drinking and wrecking cars, getting into bar fights, getting filmed for "Girls Gone Wild "#787, ex cetra, all activities not very appropriate for the religious holiday.
              It has always struck me odd that Dec. 25th is supposed to be the children's holiday , then a week later New Years is the adult's holiday of imbibing alcohol. Who started this as an accepted Christmas season tradition?
              I know, I know, it's only human anti-freeze!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm not offended by the release being on Christmas day, but I do wonder about the business sense of it. It seems to me that it would have been better to release it 1 or 2 weeks before Christmas to build up steam and to take advantage of the holiday break.

On the other hand, they are trying for controversy. The commercial practically dare you to be offended. A risky strategy, but one that has worked int eh past. We shall see...

Dave
                Lords of Chaos, LLC
                House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Halloween and Christmas are two sides of the same coin.
                  "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Precisely, and this is why some religious leaders take offense at the haunters, dabbling in their territory of scaring everyone , brining up death and other such "Boogie-Boogie" subjects, not from the pulpit.
                    Strange (by my way of thinking) but sadly true.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Re: anyone else a bit offended by this?

Originally posted by xxxdirk
                      Maybe I am just getting old, ( I turn 45 FRiday) but does the release of the Santa Chrstmas Slasher movie being released Christmas Day bother anyone. I mean, can't we just enjoy the spirit of the holiday without seeing people getting killed? This kind of stuff never showed up when I was a kid and I miss those innocent days....Sorry, had to vent
                      Unless you're in your 50's, yes it did. The original Black Christmas came out over 30 years ago...

I remember going to see Hellraiser 2 on Christmas Day when it came out, and being glad I was able to get away from the overwhelming familiness at the time.

Bottom line: It's at a movie theater, not your living room - you don't want any part of it? Don't go. Nobody's forcing anybody to go see it, so where's the issue?

The thing to get twitchy about is the likelihood that it'll be yet another sucky remake of a classic horror film!
                      WEB : PRINT : LOGO : ART

Comment

On the subject of being offended...

There's an AMP'D Mobile ad on TV right now where a father sends his kid on a bike over a too-steep ramp. The kid goes off the side and lands in a bone-splintering heap, while Dad cheers, followed by the tag line "I Saw It on AMP'D".

WTF?

THAT'S offensive, in my book.
                        WEB : PRINT : LOGO : ART

Comment

..and Dad will be wondering in the nursing home why nobody comes to see him?
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think it's fabulous and I wish we had more slashers coming out at this time of year!

Maybe an Evil PS3 and Wii start killing people... :wink: :twisted:

Comment

Be careful there, Mr. Nightmarez. Hollywood is out of ideas yet again and may steal that from you...
                              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X