Custom Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Costume

Has anyone had a custom costume designed for them? If so, who/where did you use to do it and did you feel it was worthwhile?

Reason I ask is because I want a clown costume designed but got a quote for 380 dollars and would like to get it cheaper than that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Im going to send you a PM, I do that kind of thing and would like to see your plans. At the very least I could tell you if I thought their price was fair.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I have had costumes designed for me as well as designed my own.

Could you tell us a bit about the design and materials that were included with the quote? That will help determine if it's fair.

One of the biggest expenses with costuming is the fabric choice: it can very anywhere from a discount $1.00 a yard to over $25 a yard.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

the most major thing about clown masks is, you don't need to buy them for them to be really scary. just take another mask, and put wax paper on it. using paper mache, make a mask. let it dry, then paint it up. use the wax paper to hold it on your head, and from that, use brightly colored clothes for the rest of your costumes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatPhantasmo View Post
          Has anyone had a custom costume designed for them? If so, who/where did you use to do it and did you feel it was worthwhile?

Reason I ask is because I want a clown costume designed but got a quote for 380 dollars and would like to get it cheaper than that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My suggestion is to buy a new jumpsuit (i favor dickies, due to the quality) and then find a local paint who is willing to paint the entire costume. Fabric paints last a good long time, and you can simply add on accessories, such as buttons, pins, chains or what not to the suit.

Comment

But aren't fabric paints bulky and heat the actor up like a turkey at christmas time?
            Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

It all depends on the type of paint and how thick it is applied. If you put 4 coats of paint on a garment, it will be substantially warmer than it was before.

I would suggest fabric dye over paint (but then the garment needs to be made of natural fibers like cotton), because it won't add weight and it won't crack or peel after years of abuse.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I have many custome made coats and blouses for sale, visit my pics page to view, all coats come from england, salem and the neatherlands. blouses and walking stick come from england as well as the matching vest. darkangelrick@aol.com or www.myspace.com/golloveck

Comment

Working...
                X