"New" research we all knew anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" research we all knew anyway

Ask any person in marketing and they will tell you that people act for one of two reasons: pleasure or to reduce pain. So it would not be logical for someone to pay to go to something such as a haunted house or scary movie which brings about such feelings as fear, disgust, and down right terror. Well this study shows people actually enjoy being scared when in a controlled environment.
    Maybe some of you can find a use for it in your business plans or sponsorship packs.
    http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/eandrade/JCR3.pdf

Really?

It took a college full of supposidly highly pampered and educated people to come up with this?
    "For pleasure or to avoid pain?"
    I guess this shows me these people have never heard of something called "Curiosity?"
    Curiosity must be unknown in academic circles now? People tend to shed things they no longer really need, usually ambition falls away first as comfort overtakes us.
    Everything there is to know, must be known now? Right?
    Turn off your brain, go to sleep.
    Don't you dare dream though! Things might become confused.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
      It took a college full of supposidly highly pampered and educated people to come up with this?
      We are talking about Berkeley. This is probably the most significant and relivant study to come out of there.
      sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Government money well spent?
        The final verdict is still historically "Out". Time might tell if we smart humans are really smart enough not to destroy our world.
        "Hey Billy-bob, let's explode this nuke in the pond and see how many fish float to the top."
        "Shucks, sounds fun, ok."
        "Hold my beer and watch this.."
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X