Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Change to the TW Show Floor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Change to the TW Show Floor...

So, I was looking at the show floor map for St. Louis and I noticed a strange change to it. It looks like ScareParts has been removed from the vendor list and they don't have a booth anymore. Now that's interesting...but even more interesting is that another company is in ScareParts place. The company is Scare Studios and they have a very large booth for someone I have never heard of. They don't seem to have a web presence yet either and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I am curious if this really is a new company and what they will be carrying. It's definitely a lot of space to fill. Anybody???
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Kip,

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a typo. I think they meant Scare Parts, when they posted Scare Studios on the floor plan. Why do I think that? Well, take a look for yourself. If you compare the posted vendor list with the floorplan, it’s all F’d up. They aren’t even close to matching.

With the example you gave, Scare Studios probably means Scare Parts. Here are some other inconsistencies, as of five minutes ago.

VENDORS SHOWN ON THE FLOORPLAN, BUT NOT IN THE POSTED VENDOR LIST:

Bloody Mary
    Coffin Couches.com
    Dark Raven Designs
    Glo Cone International
    Haunted Attractions Magazine
    IAHA
    Night Frights
    Wolfe Face Art & FX

VENDORS POSTED IN THE VENDOR LIST, BUT NOT SHOWN ON THE FLOORPLAN:

Chauvet
    Fox Productions
    Fright Ideas
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

I know, I know

It's not Scare Parts, simply do a little research and you'll see that our industry is getting a new vendor. I spoke with this developer last year and if they bring half the items they're planning it will be great for us Haunt Owners.....

The prices that were mentioned last year was Very inexpensive...

Dan

Comment

Maybe they dropped out because all of the negative press they've been getting... I even heard that a haunter was going to buy booth space just to protest this company! Well, I guess that's one way for a vendor to learn a lesson? IDK? -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Well, if they are in fact very expensive it probably won't be a good thing for us haunters....

Darkangel

Comment

What Is the Check-Sending Time?

To reserve your Transworld booth space?
            Many years ago some venders paid a year in advance to get the exact spot they wanted. Does this sort of thing still happen?
            "If I'd know'd you wuz coming, I'd a baked a cake!"
            It is nice to have money in advance along with the commitment.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Did anyone notice the big giant massive booth for a new company called Scare Studios? Didn't that alarm a fire bell or two????

Secondly, as for Scareparts, yes he dropped his booth however I think he's still coming just for a smaller booth than before. I think he'll end up getting 4 or so booths.

There are lots of vendors who have yet to purchase their booth space.

We are one of the companies yet to buy booths. We just don't know what we are going to do just yet... we will end up with no less than 4 booths for sure. We are considering going for more but haven't made up our minds just yet.

Unit 70 isn't on their plan yet either but I'm sure they will end up with 6 to 8 booths, and I know of many other companies that will end up with booths too just haven't signed up yet.

I know this isn't perfect but it does look like right now over 200 booths sold that is good!!!!

I know several other IAAPA vendors who will be taking booths soon as well.. I think if it doesn't sell out it will be really really close!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Don't know if there is any connection or not, but do a whois search on scarestudios.com. If there is any connection then it's another fellow haunter.
                Ken Darrigo
                ClearCut Operations, Inc.
                ClearCut Operations | http://www.clearcutoperations.com
                TerrorDome Haunted Scream Park | http://www.terrordome.com

Comment

I think its clear that Rodney Geffert is the owner or part owner of this new company. I hear they will have a full lineup of new animations. I'm sure he'll have some really cool animations. We'll see what happens...

I have the Dreamreapers guys get a booth and sell those costumes!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Unit 70 was still undecided until recently...They stay pretty busy so in-shop time is important to them these days....

Allan

Comment

Basically Larry, Allen is saying that it is your fault because you keep them so busy! And Brainstorms...etc....ect...

Thanks!
                      Ben Armstrong
                      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                      www.Fearworld.com
                      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Don't be surprised if we all find out that the notorious Keith Korner aka Scare Parts has a connection to Scare Studios. Last I'd heard Keith was looking for a financial backer to back his operations, so maybe Rodney's it... It would make sense because they are located near each other.

If I remember right Rodney was in the prop business years ago, with Lone Wolf Studio I think. I'm not saying anything against Rodney, he to knowledge has always been a stand up guy. If your going to buy from Scare Studios, probably best to ask questions to make sure that the dog that has bitten before, didn't just change his name and aquired a new partner.

It will be interesting to see what's what.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Ben,

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying, It's Larry's fault! It's ALWAYS Larry's fault!!!

Allan

Comment

I don't think there is a connection between Keith and Rodney on this because I talked to Keith the other day. I think he's still planning on coming to the show as Scareparts. I will look into it.

As for Unit 70 he better come and I think he will.

If you talk to Bo tell him to come!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

I talked to

Brady yesterday 1-9-09 and as of yesterday he said they had still not decided. However they are working on their new product line and right now thats their main focus. I can fully understand that. Shane
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X