Hauntworld featured banner changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld featured banner changes...

Okay folks everything is changing around here... we will be contacting haunted houses starting next week about renewing your featured banners and listings.

We are not charging more for the top banners however there will be new features you can buy from rotating leaderboard banners, to several side bar banners.

The leaderboard banners will be limited to three haunts and it will rotate.

As you can see now the haunts will be listed side by side meaning there isn't say #1, then a #2...

Now there is TWO #1's and TWO #2's and so on and so forth.

Also you will notice that we changed the header to say 'FIND HAUNTED HOUSES IN OR NEAR YOUR STATE' and additionally the banners will not list your city and your state. In addition to that your banner will also show a link to your profile below the banner.

As I said all of the top banners are really raised in prices but the bottom ones are ... if you are what we consider an A or B state then the lowest banners will start at $300.00 and go up.

Featured listings will change from $89.95 to $100.00 even.

However we've added a bonus to the FEATURED listings that will NOT be offered to normal banners... you can now upload your logo to your listing again if you are a featured listing.

We will continue to allow haunts who do not market with us to list thier attractions on the site however those are on a second page seperated from the paid ones.

If you want to make sure you keep your top listing, or have interest in moving up or the leaderboard banners contact Patti today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net or 314 629 3940.

First dibs on the leader board ads will be given to haunts in those states. Once Transworld rolls around we will sell them to anyone who wants to buy them.

Deadline to renew banners spaces before we open them up to ANYONE is March 1st, 2009.

After March 1st 2009 we will sell your space to other haunts.

Here is an image of what the new pages will look like. I advice you to save this image and open it on you computer so you can blow it up full screen so you get a better idea of how it will look.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Again make sure you RIGHT CLICK this image, then save it say on your desktop, then open it so you can blow it up so you can view is as you would see it on your screen.

That is really the only way to look at the image.

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

In or near your state! lol
      So when a potential customer clicks on a state, what designates that haunt is actually in that state? Just curious. Looks cool though with the new changes...

Allan

Comment

That's what I was about to ask! I really don't know about this... right now we are 50/50 on getting a HW.com banner.... my partner wants too, I on the other hand.... IDK. -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
          In or near your state! lol. So when a potential customer clicks on a state, what designates that haunt is actually in that state? Just curious.
          I completely agree. How do potential customers know where a “featured haunt” is located, at first glance??? Most people who view a national directory think that when they click on "Illinois", all of the events they see will be from that state. With the way you are running things, that obviously isn't the case.

I think it’s pretty funny that “The Darkness” has a banner in every state in the country. As Allan said… Where is the “cut-off”? Or is the cut-off just related to who will or will not spend money to pay for advertising in a certain state, regardless of where they are located?
          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

hmmm, So in other words, you are getting twice as much per location on the banner listings right? I mean, compared to getting say $300 for the sixth slot down, you are now getting $600 for that same #6 slot?. Just kinda confused.....
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Look under the banner...its hard for you to see but it says it right under the banner. It says the City, State and the Haunt Name.

All banners will state where the haunt is located.

Isn't that what you asked for?

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

The picture is only 230x700 pixels. Still can't see such detail!
                Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Here is some closeup shots.

Larry
                  Attached Files
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Even closer...

Does this help? Just so you know I AM LISTENING to you guys and I'm trying to find a better way to make it better. Tell me if I've done that.

Larry
                    Attached Files
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Looks good Larry, I'm calling Patty tomorrow. Thanks Greg
                      Greg Allen
                      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I like the side by side, and from the looks of it, you do not see the map of the states again once you click on a state, this gives more prominence to the haunted house ads instead of the map again. I like this a lot.

I think you listened Larry and made some nice adjustments. I understand why you would not give in on the request to limit ads to only your state, that makes business sense.

You're giving first dibs to the actual state, you list where it is clearly and you moved the ads to a better location on the screen. I think it works.

Comment

looks good so far.

For those that are unsure of buying the HW banner, you can't find cheaper advertising with your customers today unless you give away free tickets to a radio station that you aren't paying for any ads on. Your customers are internet hounds. The trend is away from newpapers to the internet. Make sure your web site is the best as well. We have had customers tell us they came exclusively because of our website.
                          Our top four referrals from internet traffic were:
                          1. Direct access from simply typing our website address
                          2. HauntedHouse.com banner
                          3. Hauntworld banner/s (the many sites listed combined)
                          4. Google

HW banners and Hauntedhouse.com should be in every haunt budget. Larry is 110 % right here.
                          Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                          Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

If you look and see the BIG SCAREFEST BANNER that is what we are calling a LEADERBOARD banner. That banner will rotate and will be limited to simply THREE advertisers ONLY with first dibs to haunts in the state.

I think I have made it easier for people to identify where a haunt is located and with that header title they know maybe not all haunts are from a certain state.

I think the feature on the featured listings is cool where you can upload your logo into your profile... I think that is pretty cool myself.

We'll also have MANY features added to your actual profiles.

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

How much are the leaderboards running?

Darkangel

Comment

Working...