Hanf-A-Domous Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanf-A-Domous Speaks

Greetings Hanflings...It is I Hanf-A-Domous the Great. I awoke this morning drenched in sweat having had one of my ever accurate premonitions. No...this does not involve Cydney Neil...but YES..it is about another big haunt.
    I predict that we have seen the last of Skull Kingdom!!! I predict the the famous tourist attraction located on I-Drive in Orlando is going on the chopping block. Through a cloudy mist I can see a huge auction taking place...and that could include the little known show that is housed in the warehouse behind Skull Kingdom!!! Watch for a mid January announcement .

AS IT IS WRITTEN...SO SHALL IT BE!!!!! Hanf-A-Domous the Great

Hanfadomas will you be making anymore predictions soon?

Oh tell us great one!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

If this premonition comes true, then we should gather and take a tour one last time. I have been to Skull Kingdom twice, not the best haunt but at night taking in the sights of O town it was nice to have a big scary castle to visit.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Skull Kingdom is no longer open and hasn't been open for sometime now. I was just inside a few weeks meeting with the owner. He's tearing it down for a hotel or something. I can't wait to hear what Hanf-O-Damas has to say!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Skull Kingdom was sold back in November or earlier?

They are putting Condo's or such up where it is. There is a new Haunt going in down from Skull Kingdom -
          Terror in Orlando

They are hoping to keep fear alive and well on International Drive.

They are having a sale or auction - sometime. But it is closed. From what I gather they made a VERY NICE hunk of change off of it... :twisted:

Comment

Blech on SKULL kingdom......I went down to FL a few years back to help out with the hurricane damage....seen SKULL KINGDOM and was like Yayyyyyyyyyyyy, after going thru, I was very bummed.... such a HUGE facade for such a mediocre haunt........ But regardless, hate to see a haunt close its doors for any reason!
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Speaking of the new haunted house, I was in Orlando and saw they already had ads in discount racks. So I drove over there and NOTHING was inside NOTHING. Just an empty building.

Did they decide not to build the haunt. I would think you would not spend thousands of dollars on ads and not even have a haunted house up and running. I also thought it was a terrible location personally.

Seems like International Drive is going under just like downtown Orlando did. With Universal and Disney building all that after hour stuff I think thats killed off just about everything. I would NOT be surprised to see Wet and Wild go under as well, even though Universal owns it.

Sea World right now is building a new water park next door, and Disney has built two of the best water parks in the World, and I would NOT be surprised to see Universal build on on property.

As I said I think all of International Drive is done for!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

We're sort of venturing off topic a bit here, but a couple points on Wet 'n Wild:

Wet 'n Wild does very well. It's one of the top-attended waterparks in the country, consistently in the top five (and by my memory, usually right after or among the Disney waterparks). We're talking in the neighborhood of 1 million guests a year.

But it's built on leased land. So when that lease ultimately runs out, that's when you'll probably see Universal move to build a waterpark on their resort property.

That said, it looks like Wet 'n Wild is going to be adding a new attraction for 2007, so they've likely got at least a few years left on International Drive.

Comment

Larry,

The Terror in Orlando guy has undergone major issues (as most haunts) permits, etc. and building code issues. They are nearly complete now. (I think some $$ issues hit also)

But from what I know and from talking w/ him @ IAPPA - they are trying to open soon... I hope they can pull it off. :twisted:

Comment

Two things...

Wet N Wild...by no means did I mean to suggest they are going under, but you make a good point about leased land. I hold to what I said and I truely believe Universal will build a waterpark on property. I was up and down I Drive and most of the stuff is suffering or doing bad. Several things are closed down now, years ago you couldn't get a space if tried, now totally different.

Wet and Wild has a good location right there...close to a lot of hotels!

Secondly the new haunted house, I think its a bad location personally.

I'm not sure if anything will work on International drive anymore...I just hope they have a good lease, meaning cheap!

As bad as Skull Kingdom was, it still had a great location and it failed so a location hidden down I Drive with almost no parking and bad access can't do as good or better. Just my opinion!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

And then several thousands of people seem to think an excellant location for a haunted house is hidden in a small rural Illinois town near the graveyard.
                      Maybe they like the challenge of simply getting here, in the middle of no where?
                      I like people who like to be challenged.......hahahah!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim,

People go out of their way to find you! I going to buy a hunting dog just to locate you...I want the FULL tour!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Working...
                        X