Haunted Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Icon

Here is a funny parody we did on American Idol. We figured we could provide a bit of entertainment value and some viral marketing when people search for A I on You Tube. We found that patrons recognized some of the characters and judges from the video when they attended the haunt this year. The actors get a real kick out of it. We had the Jiminy Bob Cowboy character interviewing people in line and he went over well with the crowd especially when he begged the people to vote for him on You Tube. The whole skit is 18 minutes long and gets more humorous as it goes along so hang in there.

We have been experimenting with HD on You Tube. Let me know if the HD links play smoothly or lag and skip. You may have to let it stream a bit, the quality is awesome if it plays! I like the Blip tv player myself, it's one file and better quality than the regular You Tube version.

Enjoy,

Eric

Part 1

Part2

Part1 in HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2njmc...ure&fmt=22

Part2 in HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4luz...ure&fmt=22

Full length version for fast play back http://blip.tv/file/1348621/
    Banshee girl - with the glow in the dark dress
    0.00%
    Singer who thinks he's on American Idol
    0.00%
    Princess Liliana - The princess with a temper
    6.25%
    Sexy Girl in cheesy mask
    25.00%
    Middle finger monster
    6.25%
    Jiminy Bob - the belligerent cowboy
    18.75%
    Gurgles - the gun shooting clown
    18.75%
    Pumpkin Jack - the laughing pumpkin monster
    18.75%
    The judges
    6.25%
    Brian Seacoast
    0.00%
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Eric

LOL that was great even for me!!!! Pretty cool dude. Thanks for showing it. Shane and its Yo Dog. I Feel Ya. You Made It Your Own Shane this time!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

That was better than sex in a rest room!
      Or rest in a sex room?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

lol jimminy bob definitely

Comment

That was great!!!!
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

AWESOME! Some times I miss threads like this and when I discover them, I'm glad I did! What a great production value! Very creative!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks,

It was all shot in front of a green screen. Tim Bickford can elaborate on this but I like some of the subtle things like the rolling fog in the judges background and the Zombie gone commercial is one of my favorite scenes.

He put tons of work into this keying out all the characters from the backgrounds. All the actors did a great job I think. The HD versions look so much better than the regular ones, if anyone gets a chance to watch those links I'd like to hear some feedback on that.

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I was laughin my bootay off for some reason. Very creative and it rivals my editting skills I'm impressed (i pay for school by editing commercials). The HD version just immerses you more into the video. Very fun to watch.
                Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Tim will be delighted to hear that a professional editor is impressed with his skills. He and I did a lot of editing together, but I was just skimming the surface. He spent dozens and dozens of hours more on his own doing most of the major stuff, and it really shows. I don't know how he did it without going absolutely out of his mind.
                  Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.

Comment

Thanks for all the nice compliments on the video. However, I simply can't take all the credit. I had a lot of help. Ambergris spent many hours helping me edit plus keeping the train on the track, not to mention everything else she did for the production. The entire Haunted Overload crew was just awesome. Everyone contributed in one way or another. Also, Brian Cribb http://themightycribb.com/ did all the animation. He is a very talented guy. I highly recommend him for animations.

The entire bit, with the exception of a few haunt shots in the intro, was done in HD. We used one camera for the entire skit. We shot the contestants first. Then a few weeks later the Judges. The contestants interacted with the green screen and were coached for reactions etc. The judges did the same. The entire script was broken down into individual camera shots. There were over 200 different shots and takes.

There were many hurdles, chroma keying the many different scenes was the biggest. Believe it or not, selecting the backgrounds took nearly a week. Fog was inserted into every shot of the judges table, as well as the logo and the candle flames. The lighting made it so hot in the room that we could not light the candles. Placing the flames on the candles in post was extremely time consuming.

Anyway... there are lots of stories about this production. Perhaps some of the actors may chime in on some of them. I've got some great out takes if anyone is interested. I'd be glad to post a few.

Thanks again!

Tim Bickford
                    Creative Cinema
                    Last edited by Creativecinema; 01-20-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Here are a few outakes. We had a second camera on set that was recording the process. I'll post a few segments from that too.

HIGH DEFINITION VERSION - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4n1...e=channel_page
                      Last edited by Creativecinema; 01-22-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Hey Tim,

Looking forward to the 2009 video!
                        www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

I like those out takes. Post the ones from that other camera if you have time. I love the behind the scenes stuff. It really shows how hard you and everyone worked to make this production. With just my short cameo, I couldn't believe how hot the lights were! I am very lucky to be working with people so dedicated to the haunt!

Eric
                          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

We used Erics' miniDV camcorder to capture some of the happenings during the shooting of Haunted Icon. Here is part 1 of 2

Comment

Here is part 2 of 2 of the behind the scenes footage.

Comment

Working...
                              X