Room Ideas for a Dark CarnEvil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Ideas for a Dark CarnEvil?

I have been browsing the forum for ideas for our Haunted House this year(2009). This is the first year we have decided to use the same theme twice, Old Orchard Park's Dark CarnEvil. The Haunted House portion, which I run, has a few rooms that were not as effective as they could be. This season, I want to replace them, but I'm not sure what with. There are two rooms I will change for sure are about 12'x14' each. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If it helps, one of the rooms is built completely on a slant, walls, floors, and ceiling.

Just to get some ideas, what was in the two rooms you are replacing last year?
    Is there anything that you want in the house: monkeys, sideshow freaks, etc?
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Thanks for the reply, BTW.One of the rooms was a knock-off or ripley's, called Snipley's I Can't Belive This! Museum. It was hard to control the flow of people due to a lack of actors last year, and no one seemed to understand it. The other was the Slanted Room. It was painted white with colorful shapes on the walls and a clown actor in the corner. When the guests entered the room, it was completely dark till they got into the center, then an almost blinding strobe came on and the clown chased everyone out. I was hoping for a Blacklight suggestion for this room as it may work well with the slant, though anyhting is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by oscodatownship View Post
        Thanks for the reply, BTW.One of the rooms was a knock-off or ripley's, called Snipley's I Can't Belive This! Museum. It was hard to control the flow of people due to a lack of actors last year, and no one seemed to understand it. The other was the Slanted Room. It was painted white with colorful shapes on the walls and a clown actor in the corner. When the guests entered the room, it was completely dark till they got into the center, then an almost blinding strobe came on and the clown chased everyone out. I was hoping for a Blacklight suggestion for this room as it may work well with the slant, though anyhting is possible.
        Okay.

Well, here's an idea for one of the rooms:
        The Reading
        Concept: As guests enter the room, they see a gypsy/fortune teller siting at a table. When the guests walk closer, the fortune teller begins to babble nonsense in a demented voice. Then, a brightly colored tarot card appears from nowhere. And then another, and another, and another. Then, the guests are attacked by a dark soul attached to the cards.

Supplies:
        4 mirror ball motors
        4 jumbo sized playing cards or large pieces of sturdy paper
        UV Reactive paint
        4 UV LED spotlights on dimmer circuits

How it works:
        Each card needs to painted painted to look like bad tarot cards (Death, the Devil, etc) with the UV paint. Each card is attached to a piece of black string, which is attached to the mirror ball motor. As the guests walk up to the actor, she will slowly make the cards appear by twisting the dimmer switch. Save the devil tarot for last. When it appears, another scare actor in a demonic costuem should come from behind the guests and make a loud noise. The room should be fairly dark.

Here's four cards you could use:
        1st)Moon - upright
        2nd)Star - Upside down
        3rd)Death - upright
        4th)The Devil - Upright
        Last edited by tchaunt; 01-18-2009, 12:48 PM.
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Well what i would do is make the room simple. Carnivals real ones or scary ones arent known for overt detail. What i would do is have only one real door and like 9 or ten fake ones (Including the entrance door hahaha) that either lead to a dead end or back into the center of the room. Have neon dots on the walls and blacklight to add to the overall confusion. You can have one big toy looking block in the middle of the room with a clown standing upon it acting fake. Then have one other clown popping out and causing havok. But becareful people are much more likely to throw punches when they feel trapped. You have no idea how mny broken nose i have suffered because of this room. So i would put a security guard NEAR the room within shouting distance. Because people freak out when they find out they just walked down a dead end hallway while being stalked by a busted up clown. But yeah theres an idea and have every transition from hallway to the room in the middle with heavy black curtain that they have to push through. This seems to make people nervous, dont ask why its a phsycological thing. But yeah they enter a room with dots along the walls neon with blacklight and theres a creepy toy block in the middle of the room with a VERY fake looking clown standing upon it. Maybe get your clowns costumes that blend into the dotted walls for an added startle/camo effect? Make sure you get UV makeup for your clowns so their makeup glows. Because grease paint isnt very noticable in blacklights. And make sure they have noise makers because clown laughs can be straining on the vocal chords and its nice to have something to fall back on. But thats one room idea its very disorienting and i would be careful. If you get large crowds tell your clowning thats moving around this confusing area to scare some people toward the direction of the exit or this could be catastrophic with 100 people in a 12x14 room hahahahaha. But yeah if you can fit this i would do it personally its like a maze without the maze part. Umm another room you can have make a huge clown body with an overtly large clown head and a strobe light going off and you can make an alcove inside the giant clowns body and have a clown in their with a super soaker...or a small water pistol hahaha. So you dont piss people of. Just some suggestions

-Zack

Comment

So Far The Record is..

14 people inside of a 48 inch diameter steel chamber With the door shut and latched.
            of course these were 14 very thin, little kids. The record for normal sized people was and remains 10.
            This device is the Adam Drendel Memorial Fear Degausser, guaranteed to remove any excess fear (but it may not work on Larry?)
            I have a few different lines I will say through the little open window in the door after I latch them ln:"Oh, I forgot to give you the breakfast menu!"
            "This is not a breeding experiment!" (because I'm not in there!)
            Of course what I will be saying depends upon who is in the group.........by this point of the tour they have already been in my company for almost 90 minutes, I think I then have found out what they like and dislike and act acordingly.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Bump.Bump.Bump.

Comment

Working...
              X