Fake arcade games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake arcade games

Does anyone have plans for making arcade style cabinets? The games do not have to work. I just need them to look real. I know I saw plans somewhere on the internet, but now I can't find them.

Thanks in advance,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Here is what you do...

Find out when the next arcade auction is up your way and go. You can buy some for as cheap as $50.00. www.superauctions.com

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I like Larry's way. Building the cabinets sounds relatively easy compared to coming up with the artwork.

You could also put a wanted ad on craigslist seeking broken games. I'm sure many have them in their garages, not wanting to throw them away but not believing anyone would want to buy a broken one.

Comment

Going to co. fairs is also a good way to find female employees, just ask the woman manning the kissing booth, if she can do that.....
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I posted on Craigslist. No auctions in my area scheduled at this time. The artwork is easy. We just use our projector and shine the image on the wood, trace it and paint it. Still looking for plans on how to construct one.

Thanks,

Howie
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I'd also recommend the auction route. Find some non-working games sold for parts, and there you go.

In addition to Super Auctions, you might also look at US Amusement Auction: http://www.usamusement.com/ as they seem to focus somewhat on the midwest. Doesn't look like they have anything scheduled at the moment though.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X