Hauntworld Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Magazine

Several months ago I wanted to subscribe to a Haunted House magazine. I had pretty much decided on subscribing to Haunted Attraction but knowing Rich Hanf I asked him if there was more than one so I had a choice. He recommended Hauntworld and following his suggestion I took out a subscription. Now, several months later I still haven't received a single magazine and any attempt to contact someone led to a dead end. Can anyone here tell me what to do in order to get my sub up and running? Thanx Doc

Any time I have sent an email to Halloween Productions or Larry about a video or anything else I have always gotten a response so just try emailing.
    Jared Layman

Comment

Magazines

Get them both!

Thanks

Ben
      NETHERWORLD
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I did not get an email from you...I respond to all emails if I get them.

My email is darkrides@sbcglobal.net

I'm not sure when you subscribed but if you subscribed since we printed our last magazine then you would not have got one.

I suggest to people that you get a couple back issues to start your subscription for example issue 14 and 13 for example.

Just send me an email.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hauntworld Magazine

I saw a video of my buddy Rich Hanf on mytube or whatever it is called. It showed him jumping outta an airplane after a copy of Hauntworld! After seeing that video, I decided I had to have that copy and also wanted to subscibe cuz as Rich says, It is that dam good!

So now that haunt season is over, I was looking forward to seeing that copy of Hauntworld !

So Larry! ole Doc wants his Hauntworld! But I ain't jumpin' outta no airplane to get it!

Doc

Comment

I subscribe to both and I'll throw out a thrid magazine you might want to get - Tourist Attractions and Parks Magazine. Each issue includes a haunted attraction section produced by IAHA (International Association of Haunted Attractions), for which I am the editor. Subscription is free when you join IAHA.
            Brett Bertolino
            Terror Behind the Walls
            Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site, Inc.
            www.TerrorBehindtheWalls.com
            www.EasternState.org

Comment

By the way, anyone who hasn't gone on the IAHA website and taken a look at the PR Campaign articles, definitely pop on over and take a look! The National PR Vampaign articles are located in the IAHA Newsletter section of the Members area. The Haunted Attraction industry received some incredible coverage by the press and media this year! Thanks to the IAHA for successfully campaigning on behalf of the entire industry! You can also read the Scream-Zine publications put together by Neena Robinson Collins. Neena does an amazing job on the Scream-Zine, which contains industry news, articles and other great information related to haunting and the haunt industry! Thanks Neena!

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yes I think that the IAHA PR Campaign was an overwhelming success...I'd almost have to go as far as to say that it was probably the single-most successful and most worthwhile cause that IAHA has accomplished to date...IAHA plans to continue invovlement with it this next year.....ironically enough, the three guys who are largely responsible for the campaign's success (IAHA PR Committee) are right here in this thread...Larry Kirchner, Brett Bertolino, and Ben Armstrong...thanks guys!

Larry...is there an article on the IAHA PR Campaign being printed in the next Hauntworld?

Btw...Welcome aboard Brett!
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Dan is right, it was a great article. But ironically it did include the haunts of the three fellas mentioned above as well, and rightfully so. Maybe next year other haunts might be featured as well other than those who created it?

Allan

Comment

There were actually hundreds of articles, radio and TV spots as a result of the campaign...not just one (I presume you are talking about the USA Today article)...just some, not all of them, are collected on the IAHA website (we should have opted to have the PR firm collect them all for us)...

The reason those three haunts received more attention is because they were 3 out of 5 IAHA member investors on the campaign...the way it worked was that IAHA funded half the campaign and the other half was raised through the investors splitting the half...

Part of the message of this year's campaign (besides "go to a haunted house") was how high-tech and advanced modern haunts have become...as an industry, who would you want representing us in national media?...the top haunts in the US like Netherworld, or Joe Blow's house of horrors?...the answer is obvious...

IAHA is working on having a better directory of member's haunts with links to their websites, so when people are directed to the IAHA site as a result of future campaigns, that will be a huge benefit of being a member of IAHA...

A ton of other haunts (even non IAHA members) received trickle-down media coverage as a direct result of the AP story and the USA Today story without even knowing about it...

I'm not actually a member of the PR committee, so I'm sure one of these other three guys could give you better (and more accurate) details than I could...
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I subscribed to Hauntworld at the TW last year, and (including the issue given to me at TW) have received a total of 2 (two) issues... the second one showing up a few months after TW. I just think they don't come out very often.

Personally, I haven't found as much value in Hauntworld as I have in other publications, although HW is a very well-put-together publication, it's just not quite fitting my needs.

-- I
                      -------------------------------
                      http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Imax,

Personally I would disagree with you because I think Hauntworld is clearly the better magazine, that helps the person in the haunted business with need to know info. I think the other magazine is more just entertainment type stuff with features on a Sally Dark Ride, or feature stories on Midnight Sydicate, or Disney Haunted Mansion, or whatever... all great stuff but doesn't help your business.

With that being said, you mention it doesn't fit your needs.

I'm curious, what needs do you need filling? I'm serious I want to know...my goal is to always improve the magazine. If you have some suggestions pass them along.

I'm all ears!

If you haven't ever noticed I post emails asking for peoples input, I don't think I know it all...so hit me with some advice!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Hauntworld is a fantastic magazine. it not only covers the haunt spectrum but other entertainment as well, which gives you a better understanding of what's current in related forms of attractions and entertainment like movies and amusements park trends, etc.

Subscribe to both magazines.

Allan

Comment

Thanks Allan,

But again I do NOT profess to know everything, I do not know what everyone wants to read about or what information they need to know.

I follow these message boards a lot, which many of the topics lead me to develope an article for the magazine.

I'm always WIDE OPEN to suggestions.

Tell me your suggestions!

I'm working on a magazine right now!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Larry,

It's been so long since I've looked at the Hauntworld issues I have (which is one of the problems, there's very little re-use value to me). Let me review the two issues I've received this year, and I'll email you why it dosen't quite work for me.

Again, it's not that Hauntworld isn't a great publication, but it's not the best for me, at my point in my haunted career. I just want to make it clear that anyone thinking of subscribing to any magazine should totally do so for at least a year and see if it works for them.

-- I
                              -------------------------------
                              http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X