Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life before animatronics

Have you ever done this?

Since I can not yet affort multiple animatronics, I wanted to get a similar scare with ropes and pulleys. To tip a coffin up at the guests, instead of an automated air system, I would use a weighted rope and pully for an actor to pull to accomplish the same thing.

In general, and actor would be stationed in-between two such scares. As people approach, they would activate with rope or lever a scary prop. Then they would do their own scare 10 - 15 feet further down the maze, and finally have another prop that they activate somehow 10-15 feet after their live scare.

This would allow each actor 3 chances to scare the people, they could coordinate the scare as they control 3 scares in-line with each other. It also cuts down on the amount of actors needed.

Anyone done anything like this?

Hav'nt done it, but sounds good to get the people looking / turning to the jumping coffin side while the guy who pulled the rope can then may be come from behind.
    I will just make sure it is well made, so the coffin can't fall over into the people.

In magic we use a production box, called a japanese box, could be made in all sizes. It can be tipped forward to show empty and tipped back, where a hand can appear on top by a little hole in the lid. Tip it forward again to show empty, and back where the lid can be lifted or opened and somebody jump out.
    Kallie Kapriolle

Comment

Yes and this is how I started my journey to owning a pro haunt years later,

Way back in the mid 1970s, my dad and his friend used ropes & pulleys connected to props and make them move manually. My dad also had props connected to the automatic garage door openers via rope and pulleys. So the click of a button and things would move all around the garage at once. Something would go up, something else down, something else across all at once.
      I did this very same thing in my garage once I got my own house years later until I finally stepped up to animatronics. One year I had a giant spider raise from the floor. Another year these huge monster arms raised and lowered (along wit other things moving at the same time). Of course we had smoke/fog, music and other effects. I thought it worked out great and the neighbors loved it. How many garages come to life at Halloween?

Now there is the "Dungeon"...

Hope this helps,
      Tom
      Tom
      Creator of the Dungeon
      WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

pvc & fishline

Use gradual bends. You can bend it yourself with a little heat from the heat gun and practise. Tape the joints then you can take them apart later for access or storage or reuse for something else.
        A little silicone spray inside the pipe helps it move better/longer.
        Did you assemble the whole pipe systen then broke the fishline? Make a small rag-ball tied to the new line and suck it through the pipe using a vacuum clearner.
        30 feet away... the object or the critter moves!
        The reset should be figured our with gravity in mind or a piece of elastic from Mommy's sewing box.
        You can paint those pvc pipes to hide them, you can bury them under leaves or real dirt.
        I use electrical pvc they make smooth gradual elbows for this pipe " Long-Sweep" els.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I actually think this is the future of animatronics (with electric motors instead of human power). You can have a greater range of motion with slower, more fluid movements than with pneumatics.

Comment

Boni,
            I have a position called the puppet master, he is positioned over everyone and he pulls ropes and drops puppets to scare folks. worth every penny and way more reliable.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
            X