Productive Prop Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productive Prop Post

OK! How about we discuss productive subjects. .like props?

It’s cold in most places, many haunters can’t work on their attractions right now (actually I was out working on mine... it was in the upper 60’s today!!) but you can work on small prop projects to help while away the winter hours.

How about posting your ideas on small simple props that can be built and stock piled to populate your Haunt later this year!! I’ll even start… DEAD FLOWER VASE.

This time of year I always scout out the Dollar Stores. They are getting in their spring stuff. Look for the silk plants, Dollar Tree usually has a large section. Find rose buds, not full roses, but the new buds. Buy enough to fill a vase, hey they’re only a buck each! While you’re there, pick up a vase.

Next you need Kevin McCurdy’s favorite haunt tool (after duct tape and hot glue)… Glossy Woodtone. It is a florist spray, you find it at most craft stores. The stuff is great. Spray it and let it run for a dirty, rust look on most hard surfaces. Here we are going to fog the rose buds and leaves to make them appear like they are drying up. Experiment for a good look. I spray in towards the bud so the tips are browner. You need the buds instead of full flowers because it better replicates when flowers start to die they tend to wither and shrink back down.

I even taped off the top 1/3 of the inside of the vase and sprayed the Glossy Woodtone inside the vase. Now it looks like water evaporated and left the brown residue. Place your “dead flowers in the vase, bend them over so that they droop over the side of the vase.

You now have a vase of dead flowers to spice up any area of your haunt!! (If it’s a glass vase, place out of the customer’s (and actor’s ) reach. Simple, easy and inexpensive.

So who’s next?

Look Dead Flowers!
    Attached Files
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

You Forgot The Last Thing To Do

Remember to turn the lights up enough so everyone can see all your work that you put into the project.
    That's why my whole house is pretty well illuminated, the customer paid me to see it!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Did you use the glossy woodtone on the plants? Or something else? Just wondering! Pic looks great by the way... -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yep, that's all I used. Just spray in on the petals until you get the look you are looking for. As Kevin has stated in his video series, you can use it almost anything. I always keep a can on hand to age props. The stain in the vase is also just Glossy Woodtone, you could tape off several "levels" in the vase to make it look even better.
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
        X