Hey Rusty! (From the CFX guys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR..

You can turn up that measuring laser and peel off some "tissue" to make the mask fit, send the tissue to Shane, he requested some a few posts ago.
    What!? Posting the word "Tissue" on a haunt forum meant Kleenex?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR View Post
      First of all do you have a link to this video that you are talking about so I can see it for myself. I happen to know a thing or too about that kind of legality.

Second, both parties are stupid. Believe me it will all make sense at the end. I love both products. The CFX masks look amazing and I plan on buying all of em. Same goes for the SPFX masks. Look amazing and I plan to buy the ones that dont look stupid to me. All of the noses look the same but thats a different topic.

CFX was extremely stupid for bringing up this thread. You dumbasses tried to sling mud and didnt expect to get dirty. They did something wrong and now everyone who reads this thread is gonna either take CFX side or try to find some dirt of CFX to vouch for SPFX. Very not smart on your part. SPFX did something wrong, not illegal, but wrong. They did use a url name that is very similar to CFX. Because whos gonna remember Composite whatever. I cant even remember the website name and ive been to it about a thousand times. CFX sticks in the brain. SPFX was relying on that to somewhat "borrow" potential customers. I use borrow because its not illegal its strategy but still immoral.
      Originally posted by oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR View Post
      First of all do you have a link to this video that you are talking about so I can see it for myself. I happen to know a thing or too about that kind of legality.
      Sorry, heres the video of kinghuman sponsoring the CFXmasks costume contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RKbq...e=channel_page

And here's the shameless B.S. biased review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbuu3O9luM

Here's a video of kinghuman he made two weeks ago where he is wearing his spfx oldman mask (he's made dozens of videos with the spfx oldman under a different youtube name) - personally i think he stretched out the vampire mask because it's the same size as the oldman mask which fits him perfectly. I can't say that for a fact though, but i own 4 spfxmasks and all fit the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGdP...e=channel_page
      Last edited by The Head Cracker; 01-24-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

If you ask me he made that video to personally go out of his way to trash one company over the other. The whole thing looked like a set up to me... what a bonehead!

It came across as a personal grudge or something. I wouldn't pay two seconds of time listening to what that guy said. Look here is the deal...

There is no reason to be trashing one company because you like them while playing up the other, or vice versa. Both companies make great products.

How about this ... both companies should simply allow YOU to wear these masks at the show and be your own judge.

I say look at the lineups and buy the masks YOU think fit the best, and look the best based on what YOU ARE DOING!

That is the ONLY way to judge what is best for you... I wouldn't run over to SPFX booth and buy something before seeing what both have to offer then making your choices.

I think CFX has more monster masks than SPFX, which is what I want MONSTER MASKS! Seems like SPFX masks will alter their lineup some based on the photos I've seen posted.

Last year CPFX masks won our user poll just barely over SPFX it was close and I mean real close... which tells me about 50% like one while the other 50% like the other. However with anything what have you done for me lately is the key...

Everything can switch around on a dime based on what these two companies bring to the table this year... CPFX could blow out everyone if they have the best stuff, and vice versa for anyone else selling these types of products. Its a game every year to come up with the best new products, out do your competition, and then market your products to the consumer.

I will say again the future is bright for both companies as more and more haunts look for this sort of HIGH END product.

The future of vending will be for companies who can help haunted houses make their actors MORE REAL!!!! This is the future!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          If you ask me he made that video to personally go out of his way to trash one company over the other. The whole thing looked like a set up to me... what a bonehead!

It came across as a personal grudge or something. I wouldn't pay two seconds of time listening to what that guy said. Look here is the deal...

There is no reason to be trashing one company because you like them while playing up the other, or vice versa. Both companies make great products.

How about this ... both companies should simply allow YOU to wear these masks at the show and be your own judge.

I say look at the lineups and buy the masks YOU think fit the best, and look the best based on what YOU ARE DOING!

That is the ONLY way to judge what is best for you... I wouldn't run over to SPFX booth and buy something before seeing what both have to offer then making your choices.

I think CFX has more monster masks than SPFX, which is what I want MONSTER MASKS! Seems like SPFX masks will alter their lineup some based on the photos I've seen posted.

Last year CPFX masks won our user poll just barely over SPFX it was close and I mean real close... which tells me about 50% like one while the other 50% like the other. However with anything what have you done for me lately is the key...

Everything can switch around on a dime based on what these two companies bring to the table this year... CPFX could blow out everyone if they have the best stuff, and vice versa for anyone else selling these types of products. Its a game every year to come up with the best new products, out do your competition, and then market your products to the consumer.

I will say again the future is bright for both companies as more and more haunts look for this sort of HIGH END product.

The future of vending will be for companies who can help haunted houses make their actors MORE REAL!!!! This is the future!

Larry
          I agree, the video was definitley low class, who is this guy, is he a friend of CFX or an enemy of SPFX?

Comment

All of the most recent post were deleted because of the foul words, threats and whatever else. It was funny to read Shane ask me to remove posts because someone called him a name... I thought that is censorship? Maybe its not when you don't like what was said but when its you doing the tongue lashing its A-OKAY.

This type of posting is uncalled for by anyone's standards and it was deleted and that doesn't make me a censor. Shane this kind of stuff happens when we constantly fan the flames people go over the edge even though it was wrong and uncalled for.

I agree with you it was uncalled for and it was deleted and hopefully no one calls you those types of names again, and when or if they do I will again erase them no matter if I love you or don't. Wrong is wrong.

Now with all of that being said... STOP FIGHTING!

We have a show coming up soon...can't we focus on something positive???

Larry

PS: I think enough has been said let CFX and SPFX work it out for God sakes.
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry

Repost what I asked. I asked you to remove it because he jumped CFX, and Nut and Tyler I said and I quote I can hang with the best of them but him jumping them was uncalled for!! He jumped them because they stood up for me. Larry again I can stand alone! And on cencorship I guess its hit and miss huh. Shane and its read the whole post next time. Shane
              sigpic

Comment

It can require years..

To build a good reputation and mere seconds to see it destroyed. Maybe this is the sort of logic that gets some people so immeadiately wound up and aggressive?
                "Reputation" can be a very valuable thing when it comes to sales and sales is what pays those bills...so...?
                ....and then some people just like to fight..but is it your fight?
                Simple questions only need simple answers ..until emotions get involved.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Good call by the moderators - this is not censorship, it's maturity - that stuff deserved to get deleted. My apologies for being disrespectful to the board. It might even be a good idea to lock this thread.
                  Last edited by The Head Cracker; 01-25-2009, 05:49 AM.

Comment

This is an update to the mask I purchased a few years ago and was torn. Rusty from spfx contacted me and took care of the issue. Thanks Rusty for your help. See you at the show!
                    Greg Allen
                    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I'm confused about the allegations made that Rusty Slusser had anything to do with CFXMASKS.com visitors being re-directed to spfxmasks.com

If you do a who-is lookup on the domain name cfxmasks.com (the domain name in question) the owner is Wes Branton (as stated in your original post one of "Owners and managers of Composite Effects LLC.") and the domain name was registered on April 22, 2008.

The original post on this thread was on January 22, 2009?!?

If Wes Branton is the registered owner of the domain name how did Rusty Slusser have anything to do with the re-diretion of web traffic to his site?

Smells fishy to me!
                      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Originally posted by evilmanor View Post
                        I'm confused about the allegations made that Rusty Slusser had anything to do with CFXMASKS.com visitors being re-directed to spfxmasks.com

If you do a who-is lookup on the domain name cfxmasks.com (the domain name in question) the owner is Wes Branton (as stated in your original post one of "Owners and managers of Composite Effects LLC.") and the domain name was registered on April 22, 2008.

The original post on this thread was on January 22, 2009?!?

If Wes Branton is the registered owner of the domain name how did Rusty Slusser have anything to do with the re-diretion of web traffic to his site?

Smells fishy to me!
                        First off, way to beat a dead horse

Second, it's OBVIOUS there has been a change in ownership of the site. That domain registration date isn't April 22, 2008...do a search for another site and you'll see what I mean. I assume you used Network Solutions to do your search...but either way, our site was registered in 2000, has changed owners multiple times since. the "date as of: April 22, 2008" is not the date the site was created...the CURRENT owner of a site is listed under WHOIS

...what a lame for bringing up a resolved issue :/
                        Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 10-19-2009, 10:01 PM.
                        O'Shawn McClendon
                        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                          First off, way to beat a dead horse

Second, it's OBVIOUS there has been a change in ownership of the site. That domain registration date isn't April 22, 2008...do a search for another site and you'll see what I mean. I assume you used Network Solutions to do your search...but either way, our site was registered in 2000, has changed owners multiple times since. the "date as of: April 22, 2008" is not the date the site was created...the CURRENT owner of a site is listed under WHOIS

...what a lame for bringing up a resolved issue :/
                          I found this post from another forum and your right I didn't notice the post prior to mine was almost as old as the original post, but how is it obvious that the domain has changed owners multiple times?

If it was resolved then why wasn't that added to this thread, this thread deleted or at the very least locked?

SPFX (Rusty) was publicly called out on this issue so when I or others read it regardless how old the thread is how are we to know it was resolved?
                          Last edited by evilmanor; 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM.
                          Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Once apon a time, there was a mask company called Don Post Studios, they made and sold the most realistic latex mask ever sculpted, Thor Johnson. That was until Rusty came along and blew that out of the water with his realistic human silicone masks. It was a marvel to our industry, but one that had been known about in the Film Industry for years. Most masks were used for stunt characters to double for an actor, these went from low quality latex pours to Foam Masks to high end silicones for full body burns.

Both companies should be commended for excellent product line-up, they offer diversity and choices as Larry said. CFX has amazing Characters while Rusty focuses on more human subjects. Either way, your gonna buy what you think will fit your theme.

I suggested to Rusty years ago that he sell a repair kit for buyers of his masks he was far from receptive in this matter, at that time he felt he was the original guy, silicone and all, a very egotistical stand.

CFX is by far the more friendly and creative team here, Rusty hires celeb sculptures. CFX has range, hands, and now great silicone body parts.

I just hope both companies take care of their health around the raw material, silicosis is a terrible cancer to get.

Matt
                            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Originally posted by evilmanor View Post
                              I found this post from another forum and your right I didn't notice the post prior to mine was almost as old as the original post, but how is it obvious that the domain has changed owners multiple times?

If it was resolved then why wasn't that added to this thread, this thread deleted or at the very least locked?

SPFX (Rusty) was publicly called out on this issue so when I or others read it regardless how old the thread is how are we to know it was resolved?
                              I apologize for using the term "obvious"...I just figured anyone reading would have the "common sense" to use context clues. If the threads have died down since January and here it is the end of the year, one would just assume everything is copacetic or at least both parties are able to be civil at this point. People move on so there is just an understood closure. What good would it do for them to come on here and let the likes of us know their beef is resolved? It wasn't so much as you or others knowing its resolved as it is you trying to continually fan the flames by making a statement like "If Wes Branton is the registered owner of the domain name how did Rusty Slusser have anything to do with the re-diretion of web traffic to his site? Smells fishy to me!" rather than "hey, did everything work out fine?"

...I digress
                              O'Shawn McClendon
                              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                                I apologize for using the term "obvious"...I just figured anyone reading would have the "common sense" to use context clues. If the threads have died down since January and here it is the end of the year, one would just assume everything is copacetic or at least both parties are able to be civil at this point. People move on so there is just an understood closure. What good would it do for them to come on here and let the likes of us know their beef is resolved? It wasn't so much as you or others knowing its resolved as it is you trying to continually fan the flames by making a statement like "If Wes Branton is the registered owner of the domain name how did Rusty Slusser have anything to do with the re-diretion of web traffic to his site? Smells fishy to me!" rather than "hey, did everything work out fine?"

...I digress
                                I wasn't trying to fan the flames and I apologized for not realizing this wasn't a current topic. A new post on another forum pointed this thread out and I honestly thought the 4 pages of posts had been going on since January. Like I said I didn't realize it was over/resolved.

I did a who-is and saw the domain name registered to Wes and the record showed created before the original post being started.

Again my apologies as I meant no harm nor was I trying to fan any flames and start any trouble for any involved. There was no resolution posted so how was I to know it had been resolved.

If I had enough issue with someone that I called them out on a public forum and the issue was resolved to my satisfaction wouldn't I have some responsibility to either edit/delete or update the thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X