What's your thoughts on........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your thoughts on........

OK, I am surfing the forum and sitting here listening to my very loud saltwater fish tank behind me that needs water added and a light went on.......what about an underwater scene or two, three, four? Anyone ever done anything like this?

I was think about getting an elevator that suddenly starts falling and splashes into water with the use of a mister or something. Then putting up fish tanks with live fish in them with scenes. We had a saltwater fish business so we have commercial tanks sitting in the garage. Thought I could dust them off and put them to use.

Any ideas for other scenes like ship wrecks, sharks coming at you, etc?

Do you think an underwater scene would work?

I'd LOVE to see that in a haunt... I'll bet you could do a really good shark scare with a big projection of the real thing coming at you behind a window..
    Last edited by Banshee; 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM.
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

OOOHHH man that would be great! As long as YOU know what your doing with the commercial size tanks and they aren't gonna break any time soon. It would be a great immersion. Dont milk the tanks for long though remember you cant distract someone for an entire maze without scaring them so only use it in the first room and maybe splotches in rooms to come. The SPLOTCHES are just to remind your patrons that they are indeed underwater. They don't need to be big just big enough to be obvious but not to big that they are once again a distraction.

KEWL!
      Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Our commercial tanks are four tanks high and self contained so the first room is a great option to set the mood. Then walk into a ship wreck or plane with the most recent events. Putting 65 gallon tanks in concealed areas like you said to keep the mood. Water trickling and running around the set and coral reefs and large fish and creepy animals to scare people.

Keep the ideas coming if you would. I think I could pull this one off with the right setting. It's going to take a little bit to work with live fish but an eel swimming around in a tank would really freak someone out.

Actually we have a camo room and swamp scene from last year and Gore Galores swamp creature and Cthulu so we could tie this in to a swamp type room underwater scene vs a salt water scene which would be easier, I think.

Thanks for the posts so far.
        Last edited by spookhaven; 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

If you could possibly have a simulated crack in the glass and have a steady stream of water spraying in their patchways. Or no no have so aged boards like on a pirate ship all warped and what not secured on a wall and have some streams of water spatting out in their pathways. Make sure to have a sign that says will get wet. HAHAHAHA
          Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Last winter as I was with my Wife when she was buying fish I also had the idea of a haunted fish tank, mine would be quite abit short of 65 gallons!
            Maybe just one boney Pirahnna jumping at people, hanging itself up by it's teeth on the edge of the glass would do it?
            Stores were selling skulls to go in the tank with bubblers making the skull mouth open ever few seconds. Those were neat but very small like a small monkey skull or something?
            Maybe a small tank crammed so full of human bones that you can't tell if there is any water in the tank or not? This might be entertaining.
            Then a sign saying "Gone, be back at: with the movable clock hands, signed "Mr. Shark"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You could also modify some of your tanks with a tube coming up through for a fish or eel jumping out at people.

Comment

On one of Kevin McCurdy's dvds he showed how he made a submarine, he put fish tanks in front of the port holes and then made the room look like the bottom of the ocean with coral a sinken ship ect. When you walked through the sub and looked out the port ho;es it looked like you were under water, very cool. You could do some cool things with those tanks.
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

My fishy Window

I hung small , fairly realistic looking plastic fish on the back of the Lexon window as if it was an aquarium they were seeing...a month later all the plastic fish were gone, people stole them.
                  (Or bigger fish ate them, bigger plastic fish, of course.)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

when I heard water, I instantly thought of a room with various water "treatment" devices. I'm using it. Come to the "The Asylum" this year to check it out...lol

Cya in March
                    John Jordan
                    www.TheAsylumwv.com
                    www.Trans-AlleghenyLunaticAsylum.com

Comment

Creative Visions did an underwater attraction in China, I believe it was for Ocean World??? They had a shark bust through a wall with water spraying, windows (portholes) with ocean scenes, etc. I wonder if Mark has any video or pictures?

They also did an underwater floating head for Pirates of Emerson that was awesome!

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                      X