Sticky: Whats Bothering You Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky: Whats Bothering You Today?

Welcome to the first ever Whats bothering you today? First about the word sticky in the title, just seeing if it'll work. Anywho, this thread is entirely just for people to vent about ANYTHING that is bothering them today that is haunt industry related.
    This is a group therapy session. Hauntworld is a family and this thread is the family psychiatrist trying to help everybody stay happy as a hippo. HAHAHAHA.

Have At It folks!
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

and i guess writing sticky in the title doesnt actually make it sticky HAHAHAHA.

Comment

Stick it!

Smear some blood on it from your wrist-razor! Don't let all of that red stuff go to waste .

What's bothering me is the extreme cold weather. It cramps my working style trying to build something and do work here. "0' is too cold to be doing much work, if it was 20 to 25 then I have no problem standing outside running a grinder and welder.
      Putting on all the clothes to stay unfrozen @ "0" then putting gloves on and off all day gets stupid.
      Balancing the negative with some positive I did get a check today for a bus load coming here in Febuary. They are coming from Kentucky! High school art & Music students.
      They have been here maybe 3 times in the last four years and they ARE FUN! Great fans too!
      And tomorrow some people will be here at 1 in the afternoon for a tour on their way back home from skiiing at Chestnut Mountain 25 miles from here. (I tried skiing there a few times, they called me "Yard Sale" as my body tumbled and bounced all the way down that long, very steep slope, headed toward the Miss. River!! As clothing flys from your tumbling body and lie strewn down the slope it resembles a yard sale. At least I stayed off of the ski patrol's stretcher!)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Right now, I feel so annoyed......EXTREMELY annoyed. I posted this thread about the haunt idea and asked "Would you like to see the first ever professional haunt in campbellsville?"
        Well, this person going by the name of Borque is helping my --sort of-- with the thread. In his posts he:
        -Gave his opinion on the idea
        -Made a joke
        -Helped someone else understand the idea (I didn't check the thread fro 2 days and someone was posting about me keeping it open all year long--I actually said work on it all year long, instead.)

Then, some jerk who is always talking about hating Borque comes in and just starts attacking him. I was wanting to keep the thread half-way professional, and then DFW comes along and starts PMSing all over my thread. It's really annoying.
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

This medium is just at best, one step above graphettii.
          Paint your image on the wall, walk away. Come back later and someone else has painted over your intentions.
          It also can be sort of like being in a large room full of people and some of them are hecklers.
          (Sounds like good training for running a haunted house!)
          All life can be a learning experience.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No I promise I'll do my best to get to everybody who has a problem.

Jim, In the extreme cold what you can do is get the 80 gallon plastic trash bags and where one like a shirt. Then put thermal body wear( the kind that goes from head to toe) on over that and should be pretty toasty no matter what temp. Then you can put a jacket on for good measure. To cover the ears instead of wearing a regular beanie get a full face beanie. You can buy one fore $6 online.
            The hands are really important. If you cant use your hands you aint getting any work done. Get some latest gloves, make sure they fit snuggly. Not to tight and not to loose. Get you hands wet almost dripping wet before you put them on. Its gonna be really hard to put on but once you get em on you hands arent gonna freeze. The latex acts as an insulator and instead of your hands getting frozen they should stay the same temp as the water inside. If that doesnt work I have another remedy that might help. I just have to confirm it before I go and blab it out.

Comment

Tchaunt,

Theres nothing really you can do about the threads and the comments people leave on the them. Only in extreme cases will Larry interevene but thats only for EXTREME cases. What you can try to do is at the beginning say things that will gear people towards leaving professional and mature remarks. Or if its already out of control. Just keep re posting to get them back on track.

Comment

My bad, I forgot to post that the people doing the spamming/fighting were on a different website. It was on a cheap forum made by some guy in Campbellsville--and it's a crappy forum. I only used it to start getting information from people in (or the area).
                Here's the thread: [LINK]
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Staying Warmer

I recently bought a neck brace just one of those padded collars that velcro on and keep your head from drooping, this keeps the neck nice and warm, keeps cold from blowing up or down through your clothing and unlike the scarf it replaces it does not come unfurled or slip and slide around inside of my bulky clothing.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thats a good feature but I hope the neck brace doesnt eliminate some range of motion. That could prove to be dangerous.

Comment

At my age I have come to discover that "Range of Motion" is very overrated!
                      (Since parts don't have the ability to cover as much of the range anymore.)
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X