Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis Info.

Hey Larry, or anyone who answers,

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? I noticed on the Renaissance Grand website that there is some sort of subway from the airport for a $3.50 fare, and that a cab runs about $40 each way. Are either of these pieces of information true?

At any rate, I will most likely rent a van at the airport that will take care of the bulk of our people who are coming on the same flight, but if some of our staff come in at different times, I'd like to give them a heads up on the best way to get to the hotel.

Also, still waiting on a recommendation of a good St. Louis style BBQ joint somewhere in the vicinity of the hotel/tradeshow.

Thanks,

Chris
    Chris Stafford
    1331 Entertainment Group
    Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
    13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
    13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=St.+...:::::f:EN:M:/e

I would rent a van or something at the Airport... that way your not destroyed with Taxi Fares! Hope this helps! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I would go with the van idea as well. Check out explorestlouis.com I think they even send out a brochure and coupons for hotels and restaurants ect. Far as barbeque places I did a seach on their site and the 1st one listed is Masterpiece Bar-B-Q. I ate there a few years back and its awesome! There are a few other places listed SirBQue? Did a search on it nothing came up but they have a phone number. Other restaurants that more than likely have Barbeque possibly that I have ate at and really enjoyed are. Morgan street restuarant and Brewery and Jakes Steaks. They are both on the landing just east of the convention center. And both are excellent. Morgan street brewery has there own microbrewery and make about 4 or 5 or there own beers. Very good! And Jakes steaks is great. Another place is Lemp Mansion there food is excellent and the atmosphere you cant beat! They used to have Lemp beer for sale in the bar or you could order it with your meal. Its still on the menu on the website but I havent been able to buy it anywhere lately.? Lemp is a real haunted house. So check it out at lempmansion.com. Hope this helped. Im not from St. Louis but Im willing to help anybody with question if I can. Its like a second home to me Ive been there countless times. Pm me or whatever no charge. If you want we can meet at Transworld and you can buy me a drink. LOL!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Riding on the metro is about 35 minutes from the airport to your hotel, then once off the train, it's about a 2 block walk to your hotel. I got a rental van (12-15 pass) for $140 a day, regular vans (7 people) run about $50-$60. The best site for rental prices that I've found is yahoo travel. Believe me, if your going to Columbia, unless you want to be at the mercy of a bus driver, get a rental, split the cost up, it will be one of the best decisions you make.

Comment

We have this thing called 'MetroLink' and you can take that from the airport to downtown St. Louis. I don't know how close MetroLink will get you to the hotel but pretty close. Our 'MetroLink' probably has a website and you could look it up and see, but I've only rode the thing a handfull of times mostly to go over into or from Illinois.

I know it drops you right off into the Landing area, Cardinals stadium,blues areana places like that.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Metrolink begins at the airport and runs downtown.It has a stop at Lacledes landing. Thats the closest station I can think of. It is just across the street from the convention center. You could get off there. Also most of the hotels downtown offer shuttle service to and from the airport for customers so check with your hotel and you might get a ride for FREE! If you need any help with anything pm me, maybe i can help. Thanks, Greg
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

No Metro link actually goes to more places it goes to Union Station, the Arena, Cardinal stadium and some other stops.

On their website they say they drop off and pick up at the convention center... but I'm not sure. This is their website.

http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/MLtimetables.asp
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus...mMap082508.pdf

Actually clicked on the map and yes it does drop off and pick up at the convention center. You do not need a car I suppose. Additionally metrolink drops off right at the new ballpark for the Cardinals, which is about 3/4 of a mile walk from The Darkness.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the info, appreciate it. As I said we'll be renting some type of people hauler, but I don't want to be running back an forth to the airport, so sounds like the Metrolink is the way to go for any of our stragglers.

Damon, thanks for the info on the BBQ.

Larry, do you have no input on the BBQ question that I have asked you just short of a million times? I think Damon may have covered it, if so let me know if you agree with him, or do you just hate BBQ? Sometimes, like me, I think you have selective question answering

Chris
                  Chris Stafford
                  1331 Entertainment Group
                  Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                  13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                  13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Actually Ive heard Larrys BBQ is the best in town. At least thats what some of the haunters posted that went to that gathering at his home & the Darkness a few years back.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Hey Stafford I seen this on the Travel Channel and thought you might be interested. This place isnt in St. Louis but its fairly close I think. Its in O'fallon Illinois. It was like the number 1 spot voted for BBQ in the U.S. I think the name is 17th street BBQ. This guy has like countless awards and trophys for his nationally award winning BBQ. It may be worth checking out. I know I would like to go.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

If you found out what that place is called let me know, I'd like to check it out. There are several good BBQ places here...

Bandana's is one they are a local chain.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Okay this is the name for sure I looked it up to double check. Its 17th Street Bar and Grill in O'fallon Illinois. Here is there phone number 618-622-1717. I didnt see a website. I stand corrected the website is 17thstreetbarbeque.com
                          Damon
                          Last edited by damon carson; 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM.
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                          X